News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

MCW Metrobus runs on CNG

Started by Liverpool Street, December 06, 2013, 10:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Probably old news but still, a good watch.

Looks pretty nippy as well
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 06, 2013, 10:48:54 PM
Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Cheers LS,

Not seen a clip of one before, certainly seems to shift.....

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on December 06, 2013, 11:59:41 PM
Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Cheers LS,

Not seen a clip of one before, certainly seems to shift.....

Thanks for the reply Winston; its got an excellent sound I think; vaccum suction and the Voith 'box. Lovely.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

sjstevenson91

Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Glad you enjoyed the video, I was actually heavily involved in this project and was lucky enough to take it on it's inaugural test drive. It's definitely a very fast bus in it's current configuration, and great fun to drive.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: sjstevenson91 on December 08, 2013, 03:16:44 PM
Mark 1 Metrobus on CNG

Glad you enjoyed the video, I was actually heavily involved in this project and was lucky enough to take it on it's inaugural test drive. It's definitely a very fast bus in it's current configuration, and great fun to drive.

I presume you were the gent in the video? Are you're American?

I expect you'll load up this open-topper in 'parking lot' (to turn the phrase) as having the door on the correct side could cause confusion I expect haha.

Do you have the full history to this vehicle and can I have some exterior pictures? (I'll allow you to upload direct to our forum)
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk