News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

penesnett and wolverhampton garage roller blinds

Started by domino.99, August 03, 2013, 11:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Was (is) it the case with roller blinds that the likes of 'City Centre', 'Birmingham City Centre', 'Wolverhampton' etc might appear numerous times then? I'm thinking of buses with upper and lower blinds rather than the single ones in the B6s and B10s.

Ashley 4569

The now defunct PE B6s. The blinds in those hadnt been updated for years as destinations like "Ashwood Park" for the 265 service are/were still there.

The Mercs have got all the big names Dudley, Stourbridge, Merry Hill, West Bromwich, Halesowen and Birmingham. Others like Old Hill, Hayley Green, Blackheath, Kingswinford, Wall Heath. I think Stickley Estate is on some blinds and I think Russells Hall Hospital has a top blind spot. The via points you can get from timetables because thats a long list.

I remember when i saw 1648 the day after it transferred to PE, was on the X96 and still had WN blinds in because it read

X96 Stourbridge
Via Dudley

WN B6LE's, those blinds were originally in the Endurances and also spent time in the Liberators

This is how i think it goes as though theyd appear on routes

1 Tettenhall Wood via Tettenhall, this blind is also used for the 62A as the 510 never needed Compton as a main destination as it was a via point on the Perton blind
1 Dudley via Sedgley (from the 558)
2 Bushbury Hill or Warstones i think
3 Castlecroft (cant remember if its via finchfield) from the 543
3 Fordhouses (may include via Stafford Road
4 would show Penn in place of Spring Hill i think
4 may show Pendeford Circular from 504-7 days

Phones about to die so ill add more later

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 12:01:54 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 04, 2013, 11:34:43 AM
Tony, you posted an empty message there mate.

And the roller blinds are designed so the driver doesn't have to keep winding it round and round. Basically the routes inner and outer terminus' across the routes should be quite close together.

The final BC B6's were I think Birmingham (57) and Halesowen (61) or vice versa, either way you'd only turn it 4 times.

Corrected it now, just got the quote in the wrong place!

No issues now cheers Tone
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

domino.99

Quote from: Tony on August 04, 2013, 11:26:16 AM
Quote from: Nathan on August 04, 2013, 10:26:00 AM
Quote from: domino.99 on August 04, 2013, 10:19:41 AM
Quote from: Nathan on August 04, 2013, 10:17:37 AM
Quote from: domino.99 on August 03, 2013, 11:10:43 PM
Good Morning,Evening,Afternon
Just wondering if anyone knows the order of WN OR PE roller blinds or both if you can post them i would be much appriciative :D

Does it go in Alphabetical order?
I.e for WN

Birmingham
Bushbury
Castlefort

and so on
I'm not sure i want to know all the terminus' in order for a merc o405n cause of something i like to do in my spare time

I think then It might go in alphabetical order, But I dont live in WN so I only know a few bus terminus i.e castlefort, etc etc, but I imagine someone can help you out, as i'd just be doing a wild guess which id be wrong for

No it is designed to make as few moves as possible. I put a lot of effort into the last Walsall roller blind to get most terminii only a maximum of 5 sites apart. If you do them in alphabetical order you end up with rather a long wind if you are on a route like the 126 Birmingham and Wolverhampton
Yeah thats what i was thinking i mean with the 81 Wolverhampton - merry hill

domino.99

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on August 04, 2013, 12:09:41 PM
The now defunct PE B6s. The blinds in those hadnt been updated for years as destinations like "Ashwood Park" for the 265 service are/were still there.

The Mercs have got all the big names Dudley, Stourbridge, Merry Hill, West Bromwich, Halesowen and Birmingham. Others like Old Hill, Hayley Green, Blackheath, Kingswinford, Wall Heath. I think Stickley Estate is on some blinds and I think Russells Hall Hospital has a top blind spot. The via points you can get from timetables because thats a long list.

I remember when i saw 1648 the day after it transferred to PE, was on the X96 and still had WN blinds in because it read

X96 Stourbridge
Via Dudley

WN B6LE's, those blinds were originally in the Endurances and also spent time in the Liberators

This is how i think it goes as though theyd appear on routes

1 Tettenhall Wood via Tettenhall, this blind is also used for the 62A as the 510 never needed Compton as a main destination as it was a via point on the Perton blind
1 Dudley via Sedgley (from the 558)
2 Bushbury Hill or Warstones i think
3 Castlecroft (cant remember if its via finchfield) from the 543
3 Fordhouses (may include via Stafford Road
4 would show Penn in place of Spring Hill i think
4 may show Pendeford Circular from 504-7 days

Phones about to die so ill add more later
Cheers mate if i private message you my email adress can you create a word document or something and put it on there how it would appear i would be really grateful :)

Ashley 4569

Yeah sure mate send me your email and ill do you as good a list I can do

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk