News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I've often spoke of the moronic drivers and pedestrians on the Darlaston corridor well today I saw an NX Driver actually react to some of these morons. We were by Mount Street when some Women In heels ran from Tasker Street across Wednesbury Road in front of 853 to get to a house on the corner of Mount Street, me and another lad both shook our heads the driver a youngish chap sarcastically clapped his hands. Then people deciding to get off late by Fallings Heath Cemetery he didn't react, and then just before a guy in a Merc nearly caused an accident on the James Bridge Island by overtaking the queue of traffic on the approach that 853 was in and then use the turning lane by the Petrol Station to then cut across and continue straight towards Darlaston that saw the driver shake his head. Honestly how the Darlo drivers remain patient is a mystery. It was annoying me how bad the drivers are down there and how stupid some people are. When you get towards Darlaston it all calms down apart from people making last ditch turns into the Veg Express by the Walsall Road Darlaston Road Junction by Darlaston Town
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on May 29, 2024, 04:55:04 PMI've often spoke of the moronic drivers and pedestrians on the Darlaston corridor well today I saw an NX Driver actually react to some of these morons. We were by Mount Street when some Women In heels ran from Tasker Street across Wednesbury Road in front of 853 to get to a house on the corner of Mount Street, me and another lad both shook our heads the driver a youngish chap sarcastically clapped his hands. Then people deciding to get off late by Fallings Heath Cemetery he didn't react, and then just before a guy in a Merc nearly caused an accident on the James Bridge Island by overtaking the queue of traffic on the approach that 853 was in and then use the turning lane by the Petrol Station to then cut across and continue straight towards Darlaston that saw the driver shake his head. Honestly how the Darlo drivers remain patient is a mystery. It was annoying me how bad the drivers are down there and how stupid some people are. When you get towards Darlaston it all calms down apart from people making last ditch turns into the Veg Express by the Walsall Road Darlaston Road Junction by Darlaston Town
The Darlo corridor was a decent route, when I caught it for about a year around the time of first lockdown, with the operation of both Nx & Thandi on there, so I didnt have to wait too long for a bus.

I'd still be at our depot there, if it hadnt been for the pandemic, as all the Foodservice business basically shut down overnight.

Now in a couple of months time, after a good 25 to 30 years, we are giving up the lease on those premises & splitting the little amount of work between the other depots we have.

(Thats in case anyone passing James Bridge wonders why there's a sign up there at some point!)

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on May 29, 2024, 06:29:39 PMThe Darlo corridor was a decent route, when I caught it for about a year around the time of first lockdown, with the operation of both Nx & Thandi on there, so I didnt have to wait too long for a bus.

I'd still be at our depot there, if it hadnt been for the pandemic, as all the Foodservice business basically shut down overnight.

Now in a couple of months time, after a good 25 to 30 years, we are giving up the lease on those premises & splitting the little amount of work between the other depots we have.

(Thats in case anyone passing James Bridge wonders why there's a sign up there at some point!)
Is it Blakemore the food place, reliability is fine can be bad if there is traffic on the M6 as Darlaston is used as the cut through, or EID/Ramadan Traffic in Pleck, Shopping/School Traffic in Darlo and School Traffic at that school in Pleck. But it is more the standard of driving and people acting like morons is terrible. Pleck has always had that issue. My Stepmum used to either go down Walsall Road or cut through Alumwell to get me to Primary School by Walsall Fire Station. Because of the awful drivers also common by my school she went straight down the Black Country Route. The amount of cars that used to have accident damage parked on the Wednesbury Road along Pleck High Street was incredible was pretty much like nearly every car, they all Park on Double Yellows to narrows the road makes it hard for buses. Sometimes they park in the bus stops. The services themselves are still reliable but the drivers and idiotic pedestrians are the issue. As I said today's driver home was the first I have seen react with sarcasm. Surprised there ay incidents involving Buses or more crashes down there. Even 10 years ago it was bad. The 34/37/39 are fine there reliable and when you clear Darlaston they usually empty out a bit and it isn't so bad with the drivers but Pleck especially is terrible.

The new traffic lights down the road from where the new station if it is built will be located do help the stupid drivers. But at peak times that can get congested as there are two sets. Then that traffic will queue to get around James Bridge Island
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Noting the ex Coventry DD still in Walsall, with Coventry fleetnames & livery, is there any reason why the red stickers with the Nx fleetnames are not being used now, as presumbly there are no diesel DD's in Coventry now?

Jack

Quote from: Westy on May 30, 2024, 06:19:19 PMNoting the ex Coventry DD still in Walsall, with Coventry fleetnames & livery, is there any reason why the red stickers with the Nx fleetnames are not being used now, as presumbly there are no diesel DD's in Coventry now?
Possibly because it's due for repaint soon hence why there's not much point changing them? 

Tony

Quote from: Westy on May 30, 2024, 06:19:19 PMNoting the ex Coventry DD still in Walsall, with Coventry fleetnames & livery, is there any reason why the red stickers with the Nx fleetnames are not being used now, as presumbly there are no diesel DD's in Coventry now?
Along with at Walsall they have been struggling for doubles while the hydrogens are off which is the whole reason it ended up there so don't want it off the road for some stickers.

It will be going into paint soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk