News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Deckers

Started by BN, May 09, 2012, 09:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

there is a leyland oly parked in miller st tonight  no id

BN

Quote from: Solo1 on February 20, 2013, 05:47:41 PM
there is a leyland oly parked in miller st tonight  no id

Its 51.

Solo1

How come there is a service bus there
parked there quite a few times then

busfan2847

Tony

Solo1

there is 2 deckers parked in Miller ST looks like both from the X6 service if so what are they using on the X6 today

Ash

Quote from: Solo1 on April 08, 2013, 05:32:00 PM
there is 2 deckers parked in Miller ST looks like both from the X6 service if so what are they using on the X6 today

They have been using the optare tempo (572) which is branded for it and a trident recently.

Solo1

don't they already use 572 on there along with 2 branded deckers

fleetline6477

On which routes (not school services) do DeCourcey use their double deckers?

Trident 4609

What will be used on the new Longest Urban bus route in Europe 360A/C?

John

Quote from: fleetline6477 on June 04, 2013, 10:40:35 PM
On which routes (not school services) do DeCourcey use their double deckers?

Today, the whole of the 703/704 were operated by the 4 X-NNO Tridents.

They are also used on the W1A/C, but not all the time. For the first time, I saw the small Marshall Dart, with the MCV Evolution front end on the W1A, and a 'LV52' Trident was on the W1C.

Valandil

The double-door 'Dolomite' is the regular worker of the W1c.

Versas and Citaros are likely to be used on the 360a/c, probably with a few other types thrown in there to make up the PVR.
Versas are shown on yesterday's articles about the new service:
http://www.centro.org.uk/newsroom/PressReleases/PressRelease61852.aspx
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-22765280

Different vehicles may be used on a Sunday perhaps to allow the usual ones to have a rest, after 6 days' working long hours?
I also imagine that vehicles won't do specific workings regularly, to allow different vehicles to run onto the late boards.

It is possible for deckers to be used on there, since no low or weak bridges are on the route -- though I imagine it would be quite rare as this route is unlikely to need DD's, and given the nature of the route, probably the same vehicles will be out all day without any swaps, unless perhaps one gets massively behind time.
I've never seen a de Courcey decker on the 801, though they have been known very occasionally to go out on the 585/85.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk