News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Park Street closure + service changes from 5th July

Started by CL, July 01, 2020, 01:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 05, 2020, 12:41:37 PM
So you'd have the 23/24 join the Uni routes? Are the 61/63 still there in this scenario? Because it can get quite chaotic as it is without adding the 23/24. Besides, they need to get to Colmore Row afterwards so I don't see how that would work.
Think they must mean they'd have the 23/24 use the old 16/82/87  (now 65/66/67) stop as they'd be heading towards Colmore Row. As the Uni routes and 61/63 stop on the other side of the road.
Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 05, 2020, 01:25:43 PM
Detecting some double standards if people ate permitted to make such comments.
Not sure why they are any more undesirable than other routes in Birmingham to be honest.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Busboy105 on July 05, 2020, 01:49:06 PM
BeCaUsE tHeY Go ThRoUgH HiGh-CrImE ArEaS wItH a LoT oF MiNoRiTiEs.

Like being back at school, wonder if that comment will be removed.

My point was I've seen people smoking on the bus, trying to get free rides, weird people on the bus.
But I've also seen that in other areas to be honest - such as Selly Oak.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: 2206 on July 05, 2020, 01:56:22 PM
My point was I've seen people smoking on the bus, trying to get free rides, weird people on the bus.
But I've also seen that in other areas to be honest - such as Selly Oak.

That happens everywhere

Stu

If you're going to make such broad claims as that, you'd better provide some evidence to back it up.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is a bus enthusiasts forum, not a forum for discussing societal issues or the standard of living in various parts of Birmingham.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 05, 2020, 01:53:01 PM
Like being back at school, wonder if that comment will be removed.

Lol, come on the end of that comment was clearly a wind up!

It doesn't break away from my point though. Example being, at the moment there's a lot of trouble makers in Solihull Town Centre. Almost all of them come from the 72 and I've observed this. You get fights and arguments etc in the Town Centre at "peak" times and it's nigh on always at the 72 bus stop. The only other stop I've seen an incident is the 6/49/76 stop (which has now been separated), and that case was 3 youths (who eventually ran off onto a 72), tried to beat up and rob somebody at the next bus stop. I intervened and stopped it and then one of the NX inspectors joined me, whilst everybody else watched and recorded. NX inspectors in Solihull have confirmed what I'm saying, so if you guys on here want to live in cuckoo land, then so be it.

I've even asked some 72 drivers and they've confirmed that those passengers are from Chelmsley Wood/The Radleys or surrounding areas. This has been going on for years. Only yesterday, a Platinum was attacked by yobs at, you guessed it, the 72 stop. The police were present in the Town due to all the pubs opening so were on hand to essentially chase the yobs away. You don't see this behaviour at other stops in Solihull? Why always the Chelmsley Wood stop?

As a bus driver, I've experienced first hand areas like Stechford, and all the morons from there and it's the same. East Birmingham from Stechford to Chelmsley Wood is one great big dump, or at least the that's where the trouble makers tend to come from.

It's because the houses are free init and the government pays for everyfink so who cares. The world owes us all something init.

Is it wrong of me to label the whole area? Probably yes, but I am only going on my experience.

To the person who said something about minorities, which minorities are you referring to?

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on July 05, 2020, 02:33:52 PM
If you're going to make such broad claims as that, you'd better provide some evidence to back it up.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is a bus enthusiasts forum, not a forum for discussing societal issues or the standard of living in various parts of Birmingham.
I was being sarcastic hence the sentence being weird. I was making fun of the person who called the 14,55,94 undesirable Chelmsley Wood services.

the trainbasher

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 05, 2020, 12:41:37 PM
So you'd have the 23/24 join the Uni routes? Are the 61/63 still there in this scenario? Because it can get quite chaotic as it is without adding the 23/24. Besides, they need to get to Colmore Row afterwards so I don't see how that would work.

I'd have the 23/24/25 run so they stop BM side of Priory opposite the Bristol Road routes where the 16 stopped. Yo accommodate this id keep the 65/6/7 at their existing stand, but reroute them so they no longer serve Corpy St

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Quote from: MW on July 05, 2020, 02:40:33 PM
Lol, come on the end of that comment was clearly a wind up!

It doesn't break away from my point though. Example being, at the moment there's a lot of trouble makers in Solihull Town Centre. Almost all of them come from the 72 and I've observed this. You get fights and arguments etc in the Town Centre at "peak" times and it's nigh on always at the 72 bus stop. The only other stop I've seen an incident is the 6/49/76 stop (which has now been separated), and that case was 3 youths (who eventually ran off onto a 72), tried to beat up and rob somebody at the next bus stop. I intervened and stopped it and then one of the NX inspectors joined me, whilst everybody else watched and recorded. NX inspectors in Solihull have confirmed what I'm saying, so if you guys on here want to live in cuckoo land, then so be it.

I've even asked some 72 drivers and they've confirmed that those passengers are from Chelmsley Wood/The Radleys or surrounding areas. This has been going on for years. Only yesterday, a Platinum was attacked by yobs at, you guessed it, the 72 stop. The police were present in the Town due to all the pubs opening so were on hand to essentially chase the yobs away. You don't see this behaviour at other stops in Solihull? Why always the Chelmsley Wood stop?

As a bus driver, I've experienced first hand areas like Stechford, and all the morons from there and it's the same. East Birmingham from Stechford to Chelmsley Wood is one great big dump, or at least the that's where the trouble makers tend to come from.
I can't say I've ever seen this on the 55/94 corridor (between City Centre and Ward End) which I've used regularly, or the 14 when I've used that.
And never seen fights and arguments on there. Only the odd problem, which is something you see in lots of places from my experience.

72 runs through a completely different part of East Birmingham (Solihull, Sheldon, Radleys, Marston Green, Chelmsley), not realy ever used that one myself.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on July 05, 2020, 05:55:16 PM
I can't say I've ever seen this on the 55/94 corridor (between City Centre and Ward End) which I've used regularly, or the 14 when I've used that.
And never seen fights and arguments on there. Only the odd problem, which is something you see in lots of places from my experience.

Right now, there are four kids smoking cannabis at the 72 stop. Nobody smoking cannabis in any of the other stops.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on July 05, 2020, 05:55:16 PM

72 runs through a completely different part of East Birmingham (Solihull, Sheldon, Radleys, Marston Green, Chelmsley), not realy ever used that one myself.

Quote from: MW on July 05, 2020, 06:12:26 PM
Right now, there are four kids smoking cannabis at the 72 stop. Nobody smoking cannabis in any of the other stops.

It's less East Birmingham and more North Solihull. The council estates in particular. Much past the point of Ward End, towards Stechford/Shard End/Kingshurst/Smith's Wood/Tile Cross/Fordbridge/Radleys/Chelmsley Wood.

I would agree with what MW is saying. I live in the middle of it.

Jack

I agree with MW. Every time you see the undesirables in Solihull, they either come off the 72/73 or the 49.

And I've been through Kingshurst a few times along Cooks Lane where the X12's get stones thrown at it, the majority of the trouble is in Chelmsley. They had to put up protection at the KFC so workers aren't being physically abused, now thats saying something... And you wonder why they won't put brand new buses on these routes... even the X70 got turned down...
It was only a few weeks before the lockdown when some chavs decided to swear at the top of their voices when a 73 drove away without them getting onto it, and punch the bus, then run onto the 72...

Stu

Quote from: Stu on July 05, 2020, 02:33:52 PM

Guys, if you want to have a discussion about anti-social behaviour on/around buses then please feel free to start a new topic.

For now, thats the end of it, lets get this thread back on topic, thank you all.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk