News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare changes 2020

Started by Tony, December 06, 2019, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2019, 12:54:31 PM
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-bus-prices-changing-2020-17387564?fbclid=IwAR0iPdMt3yhKFlLh8356JPs7zcBssIKnBie_ZHEtyndT8rO9bM7Apxjt0yQ

Just like the Birmingham Mail and Express & Star, notice how they always focus on the negative aspect?

With regards to contactless payments, the truth is that all that is happening is that the 'sale discount' is being removed, which was introduced at the start of this year, and I believe was only originally intended to run for one month.

Still no mention of any changes to monthly or direct debit ticket prices though...
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2019, 06:58:11 PM
Just like the Birmingham Mail and Express & Star, notice how they always focus on the negative aspect?

With regards to contactless payments, the truth is that all that is happening is that the 'sale discount' is being removed, which was introduced at the start of this year, and I believe was only originally intended to run for one month.

Still no mention of any changes to monthly or direct debit ticket prices though...

Exactly, same old, same old. Everyone cash or contactless will be paying equal, don't see the fuss. It's more convenient to pay contactless rather than to mess around with cash.

Quote from: Winston on December 07, 2019, 02:06:13 PM
The above fares news will certainly make the Express & Stars job much harder trying to come up with the usual negative article.
Maybe they will  have to do some proper journalism for a change

wulfrun

Can someone explain the pricing structure of NX Bus web subscription tickets?
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/miscellaneous/commute-by-bus

What does the word "from" imply, as show in attachment below?

Reading the FAQ "Buying your bus pass online" listed at the bottom of the web page given above, there is no mention of any additional charges, so I am puzzled to why the price of a NX Bus "West Midlands" 1 week web subscription is listed as "from" £16 and not just £16 a week?

When purchasing a web subscription are you locked into a minimum period?

Hence from £16 - implies you will be debited £16 each week, but for the duration of a minimum period - e.g. 52 weeks = 52 x £16 = £832 in total?
"Forward in Unity"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk