News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare changes 2020

Started by Tony, December 06, 2019, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Announcement to staff today

All of our cash fares will stay the same in January as they are now. This is the third year in a row that they've been frozen. We've seen good growth in sales as a result.

Our biggest-selling product, the off-peak daysaver, will cost the same in 2020 as it did in 2014. Compare our zero percent to other cities, such as Manchester which has seen a 20% increase over that period.

To help encourage regular commuting, we're discounting the price of the regional weekly travelcard by 50p.

And we're cutting the price of the under-18s daysaver, to encourage more trips from this fast-growing part of the population.

Only one group of passengers will see a slight increase in fares; as the current discounts for paying via the app or contactless will end

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on December 06, 2019, 05:07:37 PM

All of our cash fares will stay the same in January as they are now. This is the third year in a row that they've been frozen. We've seen good growth in sales as a result.

Our biggest-selling product, the off-peak daysaver, will cost the same in 2020 as it did in 2014. Compare our zero percent to other cities, such as Manchester which has seen a 20% increase over that period.

To help encourage regular commuting, we're discounting the price of the regional weekly travelcard by 50p.

And we're cutting the price of the under-18s daysaver, to encourage more trips from this fast-growing part of the population.

Only one group of passengers will see a slight increase in fares; as the current discounts for paying via the app or contactless will end
That's good to hear. the 2021 fares might go up though because of Brexit and all that... but thanks a lot NXWM.

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 06, 2019, 07:28:26 PM
That's good to hear. the 2021 fares might go up though because of Brexit and all that... but thanks a lot NXWM.

Blimey, you've got a better crystal ball than Boris and Jeremy

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 06, 2019, 07:46:41 PM

Haha nothing will change if you don't back Boris anyway

markcf83

Very welcome news for regular users as well as those who are periodically in the Second City....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

j789

It's good to see a company seeing the long term picture rather than chasing short term cash flow which many seem to. My company in Worcester continue to put fares up whilst cutting frequencies and this just creates a vicious circle of cuts and lost passengers. I sincerely hope that Nat Ex purchase Worcester garage as a company like them really could make Worcester a successful operation.

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on December 06, 2019, 07:46:41 PM
Was that sarcastic?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 06, 2019, 10:03:40 PM
Was that sarcastic?

Yes... as brexit is a true unknown so no one knows what the outcome is going to be...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 06, 2019, 05:07:37 PM

Details are up on the website now:
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/fares-frozen-again-for-2020

No mention though of any price changes for monthly or direct debit season tickets, are these also staying the same @Tony ?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

The above fares news will certainly make the Express & Stars job much harder trying to come up with the usual negative article.

Steveminor

I'm sure they've got their spin doctors working overtime on it lol

Bus Man K2

I assume that the OAP/Disabled concession fare is still the same and it hasn't been mentioned at all?

Dom

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 07, 2019, 03:11:30 PM
I assume that the OAP/Disabled concession fare is still the same and it hasn't been mentioned at all?

Did you not understand the bit about all cash fares? Pretty clear it's staying the same.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Dom on December 07, 2019, 06:00:02 PM
Did you not understand the bit about all cash fares? Pretty clear it's staying the same.

The only thing is I pay as swift so wasn't quite sure if the normal price would still apply? So there no need to be link that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk