News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

National Express West Midlands Christmas 2015 service levels

Started by Trident 4609, November 05, 2015, 11:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Stu

Quote from: JoNi on December 21, 2015, 01:31:17 PM
Buses having less running time in the morning peak is as much to do with less traffic as "mummy" isn't taking kids to school in car, than actual bus loads. A Monday to Friday school holiday service is operating in Coventry, so I was surprised when you said a Saturday service is operation in Birmingham. Checking the NX website I eventually found it under Enjoy a BUSy Christmas and it was hyperlink inside that page even to get to it. And then inside that hyperlink the route lists have extra journeys to hyperlinks to Saturday timetables!
This is the 21st Century can't the special timetables be created after all there must be a schedule behind it.

Full timetables for the Christmas & New Year period can be found by searching for your route on the Network West Midlands timetables page:
http://jp.networkwestmidlands.com/centro/XSLT_SELTT_REQUEST?language=en

Quote from: Tony on December 21, 2015, 08:14:33 AM
The other big advantage is the running times are less on a Saturday, so journey times will be quicker. If a M-F timetable was run buses would be sat everywhere waiting time as there is far less traffic on the road in the morning peak

Full-heartedly agree, my trip to work on the 37 was an absolute dream - in recent weeks its been taking as long as 45-50mins, but got to work in just over 15mins this morning.

Hardly any traffic, and few passengers either!  8)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

I got hammered all day on the x51 I had 3 standing loads!

Kevin

This morning's X51 for me seemed no different apart from the clear roads.
It's the evening that's the killer, no real evening peak and X51 running half hourly instead of 10 mins, was rammed - I gave up and stayed in town mooching around the market til half 8
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

GeminiFan1991

The great thing about Sunday service being in use from the 26th - 28th is 3 days of garage visiting  :D
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dom

Are all garages going to be open boxing day or will we see something similar to 2012?

BK63 YWP

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4609

Quote from: WN on December 23, 2015, 06:42:38 PM
Are all garages going to be open boxing day or will we see something similar to 2012?

All garages open. Been the same for the past two years.

Matt.N0056

Seen quite a few people out waiting for buses that aren't going to turn up tonight with the early finishes. Not helped by the fact RTI screens are still showing timetabled departures!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Matt.N0056 on January 01, 2016, 08:49:09 PM
Seen quite a few people out waiting for buses that aren't going to turn up tonight with the early finishes. Not helped by the fact RTI screens are still showing timetabled departures!

The RTI screensin most of the bus stations weren't displaying any departures at all throughout the day

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Nathan on January 01, 2016, 08:53:17 PM
The RTI screensin most of the bus stations weren't displaying any departures at all throughout the day

Around Solihull they have the timetabled times at both the stops and the main screens, not sure if it's been all day. Not very good, there will be a few angry passengers!

JoNi

All Coventry City RTI screens were blank. NX app was pretty good but scheduled times shown for 12X which wasn't running.

Kevin

The real time screen at Tower Hill bus stop (the only one I saw over the couple of days really) was showing the normal Saturday bus times, not the extra morning peak services
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk