News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

History of service 97

Started by Busmapper, March 29, 2014, 10:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Dont forget the good old 96 bus route as well, I can't contribute much if anything to the history aspect although 1 thing I remember was the 96/97 of my childhood.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Stevo

Wasn't there an express route that went out along the Aston Expressway and later the Collector Road into Chelmsley Wood? I think a Leyland National caught fire on it in early WMPTE days.

winston

Quote from: Stevo on October 08, 2015, 11:09:24 PM
Wasn't there an express route that went out along the Aston Expressway and later the Collector Road into Chelmsley Wood? I think a Leyland National caught fire on it in early WMPTE days.

Would that have been the 962?

Stevo

I had an idea it was the 162 when Midland Red started it, so it could well have become 962 later.

midlandred2003

Yes it was the 162 I was on the first one from Lanchester way in to Birmingham it was a DP leopard from memory no one else on it going down the collector road the driver asked me if I new the route because he did not?

Squiz1971

Quote from: Stevo on October 09, 2015, 01:20:31 PM
I had an idea it was the 162 when Midland Red started it, so it could well have become 962 later.
Then became the 993/994 with Branded DP Lynxes from LH before being withdrawn in the 00's sometime I think

Busmapper

Quote from: Busmapper on March 30, 2014, 09:18:15 PM
The Wiki police have had their say, 'Wikipedia isn't the place to deposit personal research material. Maybe there are bus or transport websites which will be interested?'.
Looks like I misinterpreted the use of Wikipedia for hosting this.

If anyone has any suggestions for an alternative (open) host location for this material let us know.

The alternative host I ended up using was the UK Transport Wiki - http://uktransport.wikia.com/wiki/West_Midlands_bus_route_97

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk