News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

What is the retirement age for a bus driver?

Started by Trident 4194, January 25, 2015, 06:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 26, 2015, 07:32:27 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 26, 2015, 07:25:29 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 26, 2015, 07:21:46 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 26, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
I was thinking of driving when I reach 60. Is this possible then? I'm guessing so as long as I don't have any health problems

Aren't you like, what, 14 at the moment?!

Yes, ha ha, got my life planned out

Good luck sticking to that plan. I can guarantee it'll go haywire in about 12 months ;-) All of a sudden you'll start noticing those strange creatures called "girls". Never managed to work them out and I'm pushing the bad side of 60!

And for the record I left on my own accord from NXWM and the health troubles started after retirement.

Talking to drivers and such the duties have took a turn for the worse so I don't really miss it. I do miss the buses though (not E200's) and I wish I drove more Hybrids but never mind.
Good advice that is... They don't give you any warning either... at the age of 16 I just opened my wallet and there she was!.... bane of my life ever since
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

bwsau cymru

The company I work for have a self employed driver who does schools and the odd day hire, day tip. he is 78
campaigning for better transport for all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk