News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VOSA changes April 27th

Started by Stu, March 17, 2014, 08:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: bwsau cymru on April 02, 2014, 09:03:27 PM
the routes which actually earn money should get good buses. I always say the 4 is a funny service you can have a bus of 1 or a standing load, however if diamond are going to continue to win people to there service they need to compete on quality too, buses like 30486 are awful and ive been on it with passengers making remarks about its quality too.

4/4h

these all need the newest longest vehicles

How do you mean it's a funny service? As in loads vary dramatically? If you mean that, I agree with you.

Personally, 30486 is a fantastic bus with hardly any rattles at all and DDA compliant.

Fundamentally, most passengers will get on the first bus they can, with the exception of the travelcard lot. Ideally, these services will get newer longer vehicles but on a 7.5 min frequency, I doubt all 45 seats on a Centro will ever be needed so if MPDs do need to fill in, then better on the 4/301 than say the 56/202.

Some people will always complain about the quality-they will still catch the first bus that comes and I wasn't blown away by the quality of one of the omnilinks on the 4H the other day with dirty seat backs, massive rattles especially from the "bin" and CCTV screen.

The other thing I really doubt is if any of the services you list are Diamond's biggest moneyspinners.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 02, 2014, 09:16:56 PM
the routes which actually earn money should get good buses. I always say the 4 is a funny service you can have a bus of 1 or a standing load, however if diamond are going to continue to win people to there service they need to compete on quality too, buses like 30486 are awful and ive been on it with passengers making remarks about its quality too.

4/4h

How do you mean it's a funny service? As in loads vary dramatically? If you mean that, I agree with you.

Personally, 30486 is a fantastic bus with hardly any rattles at all and DDA compliant.

Fundamentally, most passengers will get on the first bus they can, with the exception of the travelcard lot. Ideally, these services will get newer longer vehicles but on a 7.5 min frequency, I doubt all 45 seats on a Centro will ever be needed so if MPDs do need to fill in, then better on the 4/301 than say the 56/202.

Some people will always complain about the quality-they will still catch the first bus that comes and I wasn't blown away by the quality of one of the omnilinks on the 4H the other day with dirty seat backs, massive rattles especially from the "bin" and CCTV screen.

The other thing I really doubt is if any of the services you list are Diamond's biggest moneyspinners.

the 002 and 301 are making a killing!!! I agree the west mid travel omnilinks haven't aged very well but cant talk much about them as I only use diamond 4's. 30486 could be decent if it had some attention but that type of bus should be on routes like the 40/42/43
diamond need to try to convince "the travel card lot" to use there services and I think the introduction of the black country nbus should of helped. I still think it was a bad idea to withdraw the 50p ticket, 50p is still 50p in the tin and the more the tin has in it the better functioning the company is towards fleet upgrades and profits for owners.

btw was mentioning that the loading are dramatic
campaigning for better transport for all

PM

Quote from: bwsau cymru on April 02, 2014, 09:27:03 PM

4/4h

the 002 and 301 are making a killing!!! I agree the west mid travel omnilinks haven't aged very well but cant talk much about them as I only use diamond 4's. 30486 could be decent if it had some attention but that type of bus should be on routes like the 40/42/43
diamond need to try to convince "the travel card lot" to use there services and I think the introduction of the black country nbus should of helped. I still think it was a bad idea to withdraw the 50p ticket, 50p is still 50p in the tin and the more the tin has in it the better functioning the company is towards fleet upgrades and profits for owners.

Possibly.

The 40/42A/C/43 logically on a lower frequency should have the bigger buses, indeed all these routes have had b7rle's on there to lift the quality, after the change to the 42A/C.

There's a black country nbus?! That's totally escaped me! I genuinely didn't know that existed.

And the 50p ticket was dropped for a good reason namely lowering the concessionary ticket reimbursement rate. The revenue lost from this would swallow up any gain from the 50p ticket and Diamond would make more encouraging people to buy their own tickets or nBus at the very least.

Dramatic?

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 02, 2014, 10:12:03 PM

4/4h

Possibly.

The 40/42A/C/43 logically on a lower frequency should have the bigger buses, indeed all these routes have had b7rle's on there to lift the quality, after the change to the 42A/C.

There's a black country nbus?! That's totally escaped me! I genuinely didn't know that existed.

And the 50p ticket was dropped for a good reason namely lowering the concessionary ticket reimbursement rate. The revenue lost from this would swallow up any gain from the 50p ticket and Diamond would make more encouraging people to buy their own tickets or nBus at the very least.

Dramatic?

Black country nBus is only available on Swift DD at the moment

PM

Quote from: Tony on April 02, 2014, 10:36:28 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on April 02, 2014, 10:12:03 PM

4/4h

Possibly.

Dramatic?

Black country nBus is only available on Swift DD at the moment

Thanks for that update Tony. I was wondering whether to apply for a swift card actually as with being back from uni for 5 weeks at a time using the bus a fair bit, I didn't know whether it would work out cheaper as a NX month ticket wouldn't be much use as I mostly use diamond but not exclusively. 

OH25

PD1028090/191 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: BIRMINGHAM CITY CENTRE
Finish Point: KINGSHEATH
Via:
Service Number: 34
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 27-APR-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO SATURDAY

this is on VOSA
new competition for the 35 maybe?

winston

Quote from: OH25 on April 04, 2014, 06:00:33 PM
PD1028090/191 - CENTRAL CONNECT LTD T/A North Birmingham Busways, BEACON HOUSE, LONG ACRE, ASTON, BIRMINGHAM, B7 5JJ
Via:

this is on VOSA

no, 650 re-numbered

OH25

Quote from: Winston on April 04, 2014, 06:02:28 PM
Via:

this is on VOSA

no, 650 re-numbered
oh ok thanks :)
it was mentioned that NX was getting both 424 and 650, has that changed?

John

Quote from: OH25 on April 04, 2014, 08:17:21 PM
Via:

this is on VOSA

no, 650 re-numbered
oh ok thanks :)
it was mentioned that NX was getting both 424 and 650, has that changed?

WMSNT are getting the 424 now

the trainbasher

Via:

this is on VOSA

no, 650 re-numbered

What I don't get is why didn't Centro/diamond integrate it with the 50 and extend to maypole via Alcester Road, Woodthorpe Road and the 18 route to meet the 19 to maypole. All that's needed is 1 more vehicle. Or send it so it continues from Maypole to YW Garage! :)

If it were extended to YW garage the it could use Bells Lane, Alcester Road S and Warstock Road.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 05, 2014, 01:00:36 AM
Via:

this is on VOSA

no, 650 re-numbered

What I don't get is why didn't Centro/diamond integrate it with the 50 and extend to maypole via Alcester Road, Woodthorpe Road and the 18 route to meet the 19 to maypole. All that's needed is 1 more vehicle. Or send it so it continues from Maypole to YW Garage! :)

If it were extended to YW garage the it could use Bells Lane, Alcester Road S and Warstock Road.

1 more vehicle=doubling costs. In a climate of austerity, I doubt routes will be extended unless it is to combine routes and save buses.

Jay

4/4h

Diamind have cctv?  they not have anything on the darts
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

PM

Quote from: Jon on April 05, 2014, 04:59:06 PM

4/4h

Diamind have cctv?  they not have anything on the darts

I was referring to NX's omnilinks on the 4 route. And many of diamond's fleet does have cctv-cadets, b7rles, MANs, solos and some of the newer MPDs and certain darts. I don't think diamond experience the same level of anti-social behavior as NX.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk