News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Oh dear National express!

Started by BU07 LGO, October 26, 2013, 03:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nx4737

QuoteAlthough I didn't appreciate the £19 return fare

What's wrong with that?

Idiot.

Gareth

Regardless of my own personal views on the guys blog post and the replies given here, it does seem very unfair that if someone had called a fellow forum member a 'prat', 'twat' or 'toffee nosed ponce' then appropriate action would have been taken.
This has made it look like direct abuse is forbidden, but indirect abuse is fine.

trident4370

I wouldn't exactly call "toffee nosed ponce" abusive... Ridiculous thing to say.

nx4737

Quote from: Gareth on October 28, 2013, 02:17:48 PM
Regardless of my own personal views on the guys blog post and the replies given here, it does seem very unfair that if someone had called a fellow forum member a 'prat', 'twat' or 'toffee nosed ponce' then appropriate action would have been taken.
This has made it look like direct abuse is forbidden, but indirect abuse is fine.

It's true though, he's made himself look a prat right form the start of the blog, for instance he's brandid NX as National Distress just because he didn't like the type of coach, then slammed them because HE didn't look at the destination of the bus he boarded...

Gareth

Quote from: trident4370 on October 28, 2013, 03:57:17 PM
I wouldn't exactly call "toffee nosed ponce" abusive... Ridiculous thing to say.

Well no, not really. It's various definitions are all not very nice things to say. Toffee nosed is one thing, ponce is another!

trident4370

I can think of a far worse thing to say right now...

Liverpool Street

ponce

BRITISH - Informal

noun
derogatory
an effeminate man.

a man who lives off a prostitute's earnings.

verb
live off a prostitute's earnings.
"he was arrested for poncing on the girl"

That's the definition of a ponce. Personally, I can't see how people on here can be offended by it? Unless your living off a hookers' money...

However, I will not remove any comments as of yet, but just be mindful some people are more "sensitive" then others.

Regards
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

trident4370

Quote from: Liverpool Street on October 29, 2013, 10:43:19 PM
just be mindful some people are more "sensitive" then others.

Understood LS :)

For the record I was using in the context of definition number 2 on here http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ponce , nothing to do with camp men, pimps or prostitutes! Toffee Nosed Ponce = A wannabe posh twit who thinks he is better.

monkeyjoe

Is that the end of it now?  ::) ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk