News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

99/X64 Destinations

Started by sonic84, September 28, 2013, 04:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Unlike most people, I actually think it's a good idea. Living in Halesowen, there's something about seeing "Halesowen Town" on the 99 displays that I like. Plus, the 140 and 53 both go into Halesowen but not to the town centre

CL

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 29, 2013, 10:29:41 AM
Unlike most people, I actually think it's a good idea. Living in Halesowen, there's something about seeing "Halesowen Town" on the 99 displays that I like. Plus, the 140 and 53 both go into Halesowen but not to the town centre

I agree... Not hat i live anywhere NEAR Halesowen, but i do usually see the 99 and i think it looks smarter & more informative when it displays Halesowen Town... I'm not quite the same with "City Centre" though. It goes right through the bends of Quinton and Birmingham sounds and looks much more suitable for E200's. (Only my opinion)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

CL

After a post about the X64 displaying Woodgate, i thought it might've seemed a little bit odd... But having been in the City Centre today, and saw an X64 on its way out of the city, there was another destination... It did not say Rubery, or even Woodgate. And I'm afraid i forgot what it actually said. But from what i CAN recall, The top destination began with an "M" with a Street Name on the lower panel.

Liverpool Street

Maybe;

Moors Lane (top line)
Bartley Green (bottom line)

I'm really clutching at straws on this one. I'll have a think about it but that's what I've come up with.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

sonic84

It would have been

Merritts Brook
Hoggs Lane

The X64 was curtailed on a sunday to terminate at Hoggs Lane in Frankley.  I saw this a few weeks ago, and it confused me too at first.

Liverpool Street

Yes, sonic84 is right. Just looked at the timetable.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Thanks Sonic84, now i remember! I saw it coming down The Priory Queensway... It looks very well presented...

uniquicity

Saw 802 today on the 99, its display said Halesowen instead of Halesowen Town. Don't know if any others have been reprogrammed.

John

Quote from: uniquicity on October 29, 2013, 05:02:32 PM
Saw 802 today on the 99, its display said Halesowen instead of Halesowen Town. Don't know if any others have been reprogrammed.

I have seen a few others like that as well, including an unbranded Enviro200

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk