News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Best places to go in the UK if your a bus spotter

Started by Ashley, December 02, 2012, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stu on December 04, 2012, 07:22:50 PM
I would imagine if you just want to spot buses, then the best place to go would be outside any bus garage early in the morning, or in the evening, when most buses are entering or leaving service.  ::)

He did say scenery etc, a bus garage isn't really the nicest backdrop to a photograph is it lol

jc

There are several places in the West Midlands to go, it all depends on your idea of Scenery? When the snow hits, i suggest you get out with your cameras as even if it looks boring and dull now, with a bit of snow, anything can change!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55059449@N06/8102429297/in/photostream

JoNi

Central Liverpool, loads of buses from different operators, LOADS of brand new Arriva buses with Hybrid Enviros on order for the cross river services to the Wirral too. Stagecoach will presumably bring in a load more to replace the old bangers they taken over from First. Sadly Atlanteans only appear twice a year on Merseyside Transport Trust running days...

Sh4318

I imagine there would be loads of places in the West Midlands, such as Merry Hill, especially on Sundays, B7RLEs can be seen there. Also London must be a great place
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

jc

London is alright, it has variety but, once you've seen one red bus you have seen them all ... although ive been to London far far to many times!

Kevin

was thinking about this the other day... If just for spotting and general bus watching, not photographing, I say sat at the top end of the Square Peg, by Old Square, with a pint or two, I happily sit there and watch the world go by sometimes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

PM

I find for photos the best places are halesowen bus station-really easy to get good pictures there and also west brom bus station as you can get buses on the stand or moving off slowly or even parked up if you're lucky. The other good place in west brom is that road by the art gallery thing where you can get buses on the 40/4 etc

PM

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 15, 2013, 07:01:49 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 15, 2013, 05:36:14 PM
I find for photos the best places are halesowen bus station-really easy to get good pictures there and also west brom bus station as you can get buses on the stand or moving off slowly or even parked up if you're lucky. The other good place in west brom is that road by the art gallery thing where you can get buses on the 40/4 etc

Nitromatt1 will agree that Halesowen is the best place for photos ;)

It is brilliant as places like merry hill it is hard to get a good picture as there are too many railings.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on June 15, 2013, 07:01:49 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on June 15, 2013, 05:36:14 PM

Nitromatt1 will agree that Halesowen is the best place for photos ;)

I spend half my time in Halesowen when I don't have a bus pass!

The cobbly area by stand F between Queensway and the bus lane is where I usually stand

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk