News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Prospect Coaches

Started by jc, December 13, 2012, 05:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Quote from: ellspurs on December 08, 2020, 06:03:04 PM
Looked it up:

https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news/18915925.coach-misery-residents-fairmile-road-halesowen/

I bet they'd be even happier if the schoolkids were left to just roam down the streets themselves.
or thousands of moms and dads in cars

fleetline6477

If as the article suggests coaches heading for the college drop off and pick up at bus stops on surrounding roads, surely this will lead to complaints form those residents about coaches blocking roads, driveways etc

DJ

Prospect have taken delivery of two brand-new Scania K410C coaches with Higer Touring bodywork, with a third on the way, branded for their Megabus operations. The two that have entered service are PR73 EMA, carrying the name Philebus Fogg, and PR73 KNG, carrying the name King Toot-ankhamun.

In addition, they took delivery of three similar second-hand examples earlier in the year.

https://twitter.com/ScaniaUK/status/1684126472553005056

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Wba_lad

A quick question do the scanias respect have which are mega bus branded do they have a kitchen unit?

Also PR57 LYE is for sale, seen it in thecoachtrader group on Facebook it is for sale at £20,000. Link attached
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/25qqzjGDf2PXtCSJ/?mibextid=WC7FNe

karl724223

Ex nx bus parked up in prospects yard 😂

B61 ANDREW

Scania PR71BEC has had its fleet names removed. 

winston

Prospect Coaches have acquired an ex Kings Ferry Van Hool TDX21, it is still in KF VIP base livery with prospect fleetnames

Think is was WJ16 OHV (but not 100% sure)

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: winston on August 03, 2024, 04:51:47 PMThink is was WJ16 OHV (but not 100% sure)
Confirmed on Busview. Also reported on Busview is a new Mercedes minibus RX24THF. 

IMarkeh

Prospect Coaches are now confirmed to be starting Flixbus work. Starting with 2 buses from Birmingham to London, with another 8 buses coming onto the Flixbus network in 2025.

I'm informed that Prospect are no longer on the Megabus network and so I presume they have just jumped ship.

https://www.route-one.net/operators/prospect-coaches-is-latest-to-join-flixbus-network/

QuoteProspect Coaches is partnering with FlixBus to offer services between London and Birmingham from 7 October.
The [color=var(--hyperlink-color, inherit)]Stourbridge-based operator
[/url] will add two Scania Higer vehicles to the network with eight more to follow for as-yet undisclosed lines.
Prospect Coaches becomes the second operator in as many weeks to join the travel tech brand following the [color=var(--hyperlink-color, inherit)]Chalfont Coaches announcement[/color] on 19 September.
Managing Director of Prospect Coaches West, Nathan Hadley, says: "FlixBus has impressed us with the rapid growth of the brand and the huge number of green coaches we see on the road.
"We could not ignore the innovation and advanced model FlixBus is bringing to the coach market, and the time was right for us to make the move.
"We are excited to expand the business and partner with FlixBus. The FlixBus team has a positive energy, they share our values and are the only option offering the growth that matches our ambition."
Prospect has offered express coach services since 2021, as well as offering day trips, sports teams, private hire and schools.
FlixBus is part of the wider Flix group, which operates in 44 countries and has recently announced it will move into Mexico in the first half of 2025.
"Since our launch to the UK market, we've brought unmatched ambition and optimism which has allowed us to attract high-quality operators like Prospect to join us," says Andreas Schorling, FlixBus UK Managing Director.
"The rate of growth we are delivering is phenomenal and we have no plans to stop in 2025. We have plenty more in the pipeline as we continue leading the way in the coach industry."[/font][/size][/color]

For anyone interested, the Prospect trips are Birmingham to London Victoria Coach Station calling only at Finchley Road on the way.
08:15, 09:15, 17:00 & 17:45 from Birmingham
13:00, 14:00, 21:30 & 22:30 from London Victoria Coach Station.

B61 ANDREW

Interesting that a number operators are switching from Megabus to Flixbus. 

MW

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on September 27, 2024, 09:22:16 AMInteresting that a number operators are switching from Megabus to Flixbus.

There's existing Flixbus operators who can't wait to leave their contract too.

winston

Quote from: MW on September 27, 2024, 01:45:02 PMThere's existing Flixbus operators who can't wait to leave their contract too.
I notice Chalfont's are becoming a Flixbus subcontractor too, I assume they've lost their NX work & are defecting to the opposition the same as Whippet did. 

IMarkeh

Quote from: MW on September 27, 2024, 01:45:02 PMThere's existing Flixbus operators who can't wait to leave their contract too.
Are there? Seems strange that they haven't dropped out. A number of other firms have dropped out at little notice. Corbel, Ridleys, Tiger European and TJs (I think it was in Leeds) all being some examples. If they want to leave, I am sure they could, it would just perhaps cost them.

Quote from: winston on September 27, 2024, 07:50:02 PMI notice Chalfont's are becoming a Flixbus subcontractor too, I assume they've lost their NX work & are defecting to the opposition the same as Whippet did.
Not sure if they lost it or threw it back. This only affects the Northampton depot NatEx stuff though. Chalfont will continue to operate National Express out of Southall depot.

winston

Quote from: IMarkeh on September 28, 2024, 01:10:07 AMAre there? Seems strange that they haven't dropped out. A number of other firms have dropped out at little notice. Corbel, Ridleys, Tiger European and TJs (I think it was in Leeds) all being some examples. If they want to leave, I am sure they could, it would just perhaps cost them.
Not sure if they lost it or threw it back. This only affects the Northampton depot NatEx stuff though. Chalfont will continue to operate National Express out of Southall depot.

Don't forget Thandi exiting Flixbus too. Things seem to have stabilsed at Flixbus UK of late, hopefully they're treating their sub-contractors better!?!

Doubt Chalfont's have thrown it back, they've been NX contractors for years...

joieman

Quote from: winston on September 27, 2024, 07:50:02 PMI notice Chalfont's are becoming a Flixbus subcontractor too, I assume they've lost their NX work & are defecting to the opposition the same as Whippet did.
I spotted their freshly repainted BV67 JZA in Leicester yesterday. Weird to think that it was with NatEx just last month!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk