News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

N.E.T.S (inc Clarkes, Kings Ferry, Lucketts Group & Stewarts Group coaches)

Started by winston, May 28, 2013, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

49113 came past my house almost an hour ago in Castle Road Kidderminster. What surprised me the most was the fact it could get up with all the cars parked each side of the road and that it managed to get around the tight bend at the end of the road.
National Express Buses in photographs. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Martin.Morris25/members/

TT90

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Do Solent coaches Bournemouth still operate any NX network coach routes, and if so which ones please ?

Isle of Stroma

QuoteSorry if this is in the wrong thread. Do Solent coaches Bournemouth still operate any NX network coach routes, and if so which ones please ?

The licence is for just one vehicle & there are no Coaches currently recorded with them. 

BN

Quote from: Isle of Stroma on July 10, 2024, 08:25:33 PMThe licence is for just one vehicle & there are no Coaches currently recorded with them.
Yes quite a few. Solent coaches closed the depot at the airport and moved into the new premises acquired from yellow buses in 2022. Not sure which routes but there is approx 60 vehicles there.

Isle of Stroma

QuoteYes quite a few. Solent coaches closed the depot at the airport and moved into the new premises acquired from yellow buses in 2022. Not sure which routes but there is approx 60 vehicles there.

Luckett operate up to 100 vehicles from there. However, Solent have just the one disc & no known vehicles. A quick snippet from my lists:

H Luckett & Co Ltd, Broadcut, Wallington, Fareham, PO16 8TB [PH0005948/I-150]
   FN: Lucketts Travel
     OC: [BH] Yeomans Way, Bournemouth, BH8 0BQ [100]
     OC: [FM] 52 Standard Way, Fareham, PO16 8XL [20]
     OC: [GT] Quay Lane, Hardway, Quay Lane, Gosport, PO12 4LJ [5]
     OC: [WN] Broadcut, Wallington, Fareham, PO16 8TB [90]
 Solent Coaches Ltd, Broadcut, Wallington, Fareham, PO16 8TB [PH0007057/I-1]
     OC: [BH] Yeomans Way, Bournemouth, BH8 0BQ

TT90

Thanks all, Do you know which NX routes operate out of Bournemouth and I guess all operated by Lucketts ? 

BN

Quote from: TT90 on July 11, 2024, 07:10:33 PMThanks all, Do you know which NX routes operate out of Bournemouth and I guess all operated by Lucketts ?
Bit of a guess as haven't been down for ages.

Bournemouth-Birmingham, think it's 131
Southsea-London 203
Fareham-London 204
Worthing-London

Not sure to be honest but it's predominantly white coach on the south coast.

check out Matt Forbes on Flickr, he takes a lot of up to date photos of our fleet.

winston

Quote from: BN on July 12, 2024, 08:16:54 AMBit of a guess as haven't been down for ages.

Bournemouth-Birmingham, think it's 131
Southsea-London 203
Fareham-London 204
Worthing-London

Not sure to be honest but it's predominantly white coach on the south coast.

check out Matt Forbes on Flickr, he takes a lot of up to date photos of our fleet.
@BN 

Those route numbers are a bit out of date.

Bournemouth-Birmingham 160/161
Southsea-Heathrow 203
Fareham-London 030 (operated by NX Ops Luton)
Worthing-London 025 (operated by Worthing Coaches)

Plus there's 032, 035 & 205 all operated by Lucketts, not sure which depot. 

TT90

Hi, Does anyone know what routes operate of Fareham as a garage, and Bournemouth as a garage please ? 

Thanks in advance, 

winston

Mayfield

Should have stuck to what they do best and not bought up all these other companies 
Lucketts (not there subsideries) looks like the only decent purchase
The holiday idea didn't last long either

winston

winston

Quote from: Mayfield on September 06, 2024, 06:29:11 PMShould have stuck to what they do best and not bought up all these other companies
Lucketts (not there subsideries) looks like the only decent purchase
The holiday idea didn't last long either
Lucketts is hemorrhaging money, the same at Clarkes & Kings Ferry were. 

Mortons was actually pretty profitable. 

Mayfield

I assumed (I've now learnt not to) that with all the NX work they would be doing all right 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk