News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Future of 13 Willenhall service?

Started by Sandy Lane, September 24, 2019, 10:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: paulb1973 on July 28, 2024, 04:55:59 PMLeaf Lane seems to occupy areas either side of the A444 in and outbound carriageway!

That was probably the route of the road before they smashed the a444 through it!

paulb1973

Quote from: Stu on July 28, 2024, 01:18:22 PMThe route map is now shown on BusTimes:
https://bustimes.org/services/13-coventry-willenhall#map

Looking at the timetable from the TfWM website, short journeys to Willenhall will terminate at and start from the St Bernards Walk stop.

The journeys towards Segro will continue from St Bernards Walk back onto St James Lane, omitting the Lorenzo Close stop as well as the primary school (which it will have already served).
Yes, thanks for that link, all 13 journeys will make the normal loop around St James' Lane, Robin Hood Rd, Remembrance Rd then. Omitting those two stops on Segro Park services will obviously make things simpler.

I think it was JPC that hinted some City Centre to Segro Park passengers could simply get a 21 to Asda, then 'double back' by catching a 13 across the road towards JLR/Segro Park. If that does happen - then they might as well have just run a shorter '21' to that destination via Cheylesmore and the JLR site.

Sandy Lane

Bus fares to Sergo Park

From what is shown on BusTimes the new 13 bus stops to Sergo Park could create a ticketing problem I reckon.

Surprisingly the last bus stop within the West Midlands ticketing zone is the Jaguar Plant! There is then a big gap to reach the new stops at Coventry Airport (who the heck will use that stop?) and Sergo Park which are both in Warwickshire. Does this mean that the 'West Midlands 'n' Bus ticket offerings are not valid?

If I am right people travelling regularly to Sergo Park may have to buy an add-on ticket?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Sandy Lane on July 29, 2024, 07:39:21 AMBus fares to Sergo Park

From what is shown on BusTimes the new 13 bus stops to Sergo Park could create a ticketing problem I reckon.

Surprisingly the last bus stop within the West Midlands ticketing zone is the Jaguar Plant! There is then a big gap to reach the new stops at Coventry Airport (who the heck will use that stop?) and Sergo Park which are both in Warwickshire. Does this mean that the 'West Midlands 'n' Bus ticket offerings are not valid?

If I am right people travelling regularly to Sergo Park may have to buy an add-on ticket?
Unless its in the TfWM zone, NBus is not valid. People would need an "Outer Zone" ticket or travelcard to travel to or from Sergo Park or Coventry Airport if they are not within the nBus zone, 

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 29, 2024, 10:41:31 AMUnless its in the TfWM zone, NBus is not valid. People would need an "Outer Zone" ticket or travelcard to travel to or from Sergo Park or Coventry Airport if they are not within the nBus zone,
"Outer Zone" ticket - that's what I meant. Thanks

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 29, 2024, 10:41:31 AMUnless its in the TfWM zone, NBus is not valid. People would need an "Outer Zone" ticket or travelcard to travel to or from Sergo Park or Coventry Airport if they are not within the nBus zone,
Some places outside the West Midlands County have always been included in nBus (Wombourne & Swindon for example) so it's not automatically excluded.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on July 28, 2024, 01:18:22 PMThe route map is now shown on BusTimes:
https://bustimes.org/services/13-coventry-willenhall#map

It's kind of exciting seeing this large Coventry route extension on the 13. 

I would be interested to understand who decides on the new route to use to get to the Segro warehouses and why? 

From my thinking this could have been a great opportunity to turn left at the end of St James Lane and go via Toll Bar End, Rowley Rd and Baginton village. Not saying I'm right but keen to learn.

In my plan the places served frequently would have been the Airport Shopping Park (awful service today), Rowley Rd Ind. Est, Aircraft Museum, Battery Industrialisation Centre, Baginton village. Would appeal to lots of passengers, possibly more than going via the Jaguar Plant? Could this also be a quicker journey? 

Thoughts, facts and guidance welcome.

paulb1973

Quote from: Sandy Lane on July 31, 2024, 10:19:06 PMIt's kind of exciting seeing this large Coventry route extension on the 13.

I would be interested to understand who decides on the new route to use to get to the Segro warehouses and why?

From my thinking this could have been a great opportunity to turn left at the end of St James Lane and go via Toll Bar End, Rowley Rd and Baginton village. Not saying I'm right but keen to learn.

In my plan the places served frequently would have been the Airport Shopping Park (awful service today), Rowley Rd Ind. Est, Aircraft Museum, Battery Industrialisation Centre, Baginton village. Would appeal to lots of passengers, possibly more than going via the Jaguar Plant? Could this also be a quicker journey?

Thoughts, facts and guidance welcome.

Funnily enough I was going to post more-or-less the same thing - I had thought they missed a trick avoiding Toll Bar End (where the service has been a bit patchy in recent years) the shops and the Royal Mail office which is further up that long access road. And, as you say, connect that with the new Industrial areas at the outer end and the city-centre at the other end.

The southern end of St James' Lane and the section of London Rd from that road to the Whitley roundabout is already well served.

I suppose the thought - is to give the JLR area a more regular service (but there's still quite a gap in service between 10am and 1pm).

markcf83

Quote from: paulb1973 on August 01, 2024, 02:19:54 PMI suppose the thought - is to give the JLR area a more regular service (but there's still quite a gap in service between 10am and 1pm).

Wouldn't that fit for shift workers?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: markcf83 on August 01, 2024, 04:34:16 PMWouldn't that fit for shift workers?
Good point but how many people work shifts at the Jaguar design, development & research centre? 

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on October 14, 2022, 06:09:44 PMSince the 13 route split the destination blinds show
Out of town Willenhall
Into town Coventry which looks odd as Willenhall is defo a part of Coventry. How quick can a City Centre blind be typed in?

Only noticed this today. On one 13 bus the blind has been modified to scroll through "Coventry, City Centre, via Willenhall & Binley". Much better and I guess in prep for the Segro route extension?

Sandy Lane

Segro Park services apparently start tomorrow Sunday 01 Sept at 0400 from Hales St.
Wonder how busy the buses are going to be for the first few weeks.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on July 29, 2024, 07:39:21 AMBus fares to Sergo Park

Baginton is within the nBus area, so presumably Segro Park is as well.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2024, 12:03:53 PMBaginton is within the nBus area, so presumably Segro Park is as well.
Yes, it would make sense but the Coventry area map should be updated to make it quite clear.
Whilst at it, shouldn't the the same update detail apply to the Ansty Park X30 terminus in Warwickshire?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk