News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Ticket price changes 30th June 2024

Started by Rachvince53, June 13, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

So how are we getting on?

Any issues yet?

One thing Ive noticed, when I catch a X51 from Walsall to Bloxwich, in the absence of a 31 / 32, the driver has never asked how far Im going, in case Im going into Staffordshire!

Westy

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 23, 2024, 09:18:44 PMWhile there are still £2 fares, I reckon the cheapest option is to use those for the final bus - and to make life easier I would suggest paying the £2 at the start of that journey rather than "rebooking" at the boundary.

So, I would suggest:-

Bloxwich to Lichfield via Walsall - nBus to Walsall, then pay £2 on Chaserider 36/36A to Lichfield.

Bloxwich to Bromsgrove - nBus to Q E Hospital or Selly Oak/Northfield, then pay £2 on NXWM 20 to Bromsgrove.

Bloxwich to Tamworth - as you say: nBus to Sutton, then pay £2 on Arriva 110 to Tamworth.  It would cost £4 each way (2 x £2) if you travelled via Lichfield.

Happy travelling if you do!
Managed Tamworth, along with the Brownhills Canal Festival, today.

Westy

Something else I noticed on the Arriva buses I caught on the 110, a notice by the driver, or a sticker above the door, saying how far the Nbus was accepted on the route, in this case, Brum through to Bassetts Pole Island.

Couldn't Nx do something similar on their vehicles operating into the Shires?

j789

Quote from: Westy on August 19, 2024, 12:23:01 PMSomething else I noticed on the Arriva buses I caught on the 110, a notice by the driver, or a sticker above the door, saying how far the Nbus was accepted on the route, in this case, Brum through to Bassetts Pole Island.

Couldn't Nx do something similar on their vehicles operating into the Shires?
That's not exactly a fair comparison though is it. Arriva have very few buses operating in the West Midlands so only a few 110 branded vehicles would likely have that information. 

Whereas with NXWM, you'd have to have that displayed on pretty much every vehicle operated by garages with routes crossing county borders as so many different buses could potentially be used on those routes. That could be quite an additional cost for very little reward as most passengers are able to work the system out for themselves, it's not really that complicated.

Ingleboro261F

Did NX change the child single age limit, it says now you can only buy a child ticket for 16-18 year olds if you have a photo card, I thought to have remembered that child singles were available up to 18. I know some companies like trentbarton count child tickets all the way up to 19 years old. Unless I'm hallucinating I think it's changed.

Tony

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 29, 2024, 12:15:14 PMDid NX change the child single age limit, it says now you can only buy a child ticket for 16-18 year olds if you have a photo card, I thought to have remembered that child singles were available up to 18. I know some companies like trentbarton count child tickets all the way up to 19 years old. Unless I'm hallucinating I think it's changed.
16-18 years old has always been with a TfWM issued photocard. they have NEVER been available to all 16-18 year olds

Jack

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on August 29, 2024, 12:15:14 PMDid NX change the child single age limit, it says now you can only buy a child ticket for 16-18 year olds if you have a photo card, I thought to have remembered that child singles were available up to 18. I know some companies like trentbarton count child tickets all the way up to 19 years old. Unless I'm hallucinating I think it's changed.
They should (imo) be able to get a child single until they turn 18. Bit of a silly rule when quite a few other operators allow it, but it is NX...

Tony

Quote from: Jack on August 29, 2024, 01:33:06 PMThey should (imo) be able to get a child single until they turn 18. Bit of a silly rule when quite a few other operators allow it, but it is NX...
No it is not NX. It is a Transport for West Midlands rule.

Transport for London insist on photocards from 11 years old

Jack

Quote from: Tony on August 29, 2024, 01:37:29 PMNo it is not NX. It is a Transport for West Midlands rule.
Well that doesn't surprise me either...

Tony

Quote from: Jack on August 29, 2024, 01:33:06 PMThey should (imo) be able to get a child single until they turn 18. Bit of a silly rule when quite a few other operators allow it, but it is NX...
Which are these 'quite a few' operators that allow anyone up to 18 anyway.

Stagecoach and First group don't, and Go-Ahead only do on certain services

jasmine

Quote from: Tony on August 29, 2024, 12:43:34 PM16-18 years old has always been with a TfWM issued photocard. they have NEVER been available to all 16-18 year olds
it's just that drivers never ever checked for them, i thought it wasnt mandatory until i got hit with a fine for not having one, im over 18 now though so it doesnt matter to me anymore
16/16A "enjoyer"

Stu

No, it has always been the case as long as I can remember that child rate tickets are only for 5 to 15 year olds.

What I do recall is that the 16-18 photocard used to only be available to children who went on to college/further education, and this had to be applied for and provided through your school/college, at least mine was at the time.

Something did change a few years ago, and it did become available to 16-18s who enrolled on apprenticeship schemes with employers. Now it seems that any 16-18 year old can apply for a photocard from TfWM directly.

But there are conditions on when you can use a 16-18 photocard to buy child-rate tickets:
https://www.tfwm.org.uk/swift-and-tickets/discounts-and-free-travel-passes/swift-16-18-photocard/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Lukeee

Quote from: Tony on August 29, 2024, 02:22:06 PMWhich are these 'quite a few' operators that allow anyone up to 18 anyway.

Stagecoach and First group don't, and Go-Ahead only do on certain services
Chaserider do 

Ingleboro261F

Sorry if this has already been asked but is there a ticket you can do that covers nbus and the outer zones areas with NX or do I have to buy a separate ticket to travel anywhere outside the nbus zone?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Ingleboro261F on September 02, 2024, 10:36:56 AMSorry if this has already been asked but is there a ticket you can do that covers nbus and the outer zones areas with NX or do I have to buy a separate ticket to travel anywhere outside the nbus zone?
You would need a NX Outer Zone (£5). This is valid on all NX buses both within and outside the nBus zone but NOT on any other operator.

Unfortunately there is no longer a ticket valid on any bus within the nBus area AND on NX buses in the Outer Zone.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk