News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Thank you.  I will relay this information.

Simon

Westy

@Simon - There is one in Bloxwich you might want to check on too.

On the 326, it's the first stop from Bloxwich, marked up on both Bustimes & your online map, refered to as 'Bloxwich, before Central Drive' on Bus times, but there's no physical stop there! (There is a physical stop & timetable going the other way, as its also used for rail replacements, as its the nearest stop to the rail station!)

However, the supposed stop postition is on a dodgy bend in my opinion, so whether drivers are observing anyway I dont know.

I know, when Ive caught the bus from that area(My brother lives by where the stop should be!), Ive ended up going down to the next stop, Central Close by Pat Gormans Pies, to be sure of catching it.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 27, 2024, 02:35:47 PM@Simon - There is one in Bloxwich you might want to check on too.

On the 326, it's the first stop from Bloxwich, marked up on both Bustimes & your online map, refered to as 'Bloxwich, before Central Drive' on Bus times, but there's no physical stop there! (There is a physical stop & timetable going the other way, as its also used for rail replacements, as its the nearest stop to the rail station!)

However, the supposed stop postition is on a dodgy bend in my opinion, so whether drivers are observing anyway I dont know.

I know, when Ive caught the bus from that area(My brother lives by where the stop should be!), Ive ended up going down to the next stop, Central Close by Pat Gormans Pies, to be sure of catching it.
That one used to say 'and opposite' not sure if it still does, but that's standard for where a separate stop can't be installed 

Rachvince53

Another unmarked bus stop is in Hyperion Drive on your new 242 route. 

Westy

Quote from: Tony on August 27, 2024, 04:14:04 PMThat one used to say 'and opposite' not sure if it still does, but that's standard for where a separate stop can't be installed
I'll check it next time I go past.

Westy

B7RLE

Hi Simon,
I've just rode the 18:40 Select 242, which will soon no longer exist as the last bus is being pushed back to 17:35 with the Diamond takeover (at least that's what the people were saying). Multiple passengers were voicing their frustration at this change and it means some will have to change their plans or not use the service, which is a shame given the increase in frequency. I understand it is a council contract, but is there any chance Diamond could negotiate with the council to get a later last bus from Stourbridge to Kinver? It would mean a lot to some of your new passengers.

Edit: The last bus in the new timetable is at 17:40, not 17:35. Doesn't make it any better for these passengers.
Local routes are the PN 7, WN 8, 25 and 242 (mainly the 8)
Also regularly use the PN 2, PN 2A and WN 82
Local rail station is Stourbridge Town, 139s 😍

J4ZZA

Hi,

I know this might be a long shot asking about this but, why was the Enviro 200EV order cancelled for Diamond North West? As from the image below with the fleet numbers etc, it shows there's E200EVs on it.

@J4ZZA there never was an E200 EV order. Rotala originally ordered Volvo B8RLE/MCV's eVora's, when Volvo couldn't deliver as promised, that order was cancelled & instead diesel E200MMC's were ordered from ADL. Simon has already answered the exact same question on FB using the same incorrect fleetlist / same picture, I suspect you are the same person:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/kuVUH8G45sC3WJoV/

Winston

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Hello Simon, I've read about the Hail and Ride stops being removed does this affect services like the 80 and 23 and 303 as a relative uses the 23 and 80 from Moxley to Portobello to visit there Mum if these stops are removed then I assume they will need to use the nearest bus stop 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Ryan Hack

Saw a picture of a 74 reg ADL E200MMC on the 114 in preston are they due more if so how many

Two - see the update on the main site later tonight - Tony

Quote from: Ryan Hack on September 02, 2024, 06:28:43 PMSaw a picture of a 74 reg ADL E200MMC on the 114 in preston are they due more if so how many

Shame it seems to rotala's others operations that seem to be gaining new...

Yet again Simon the solos on the 63/64/65 have broken down with 20057 being todays casualty and trips being missed especially last bus of the day (which is ment to run) or so it states 

yes i know break downs happen and they can't be help but it seems to be coming a regular thing lately and on a routes that are every hour and some people's only route to get out it not really on and if the last bus doesn't run like today how are people ment to get home if they relie on that route running.
Wolverhampton Veg 😎

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Tony on August 27, 2024, 04:14:04 PMThat one used to say 'and opposite' not sure if it still does, but that's standard for where a separate stop can't be installed
I will pick this up with TfWM

Simon Dunn

Quote from: B7RLE on August 30, 2024, 07:07:38 PMHi Simon,
I've just rode the 18:40 Select 242, which will soon no longer exist as the last bus is being pushed back to 17:35 with the Diamond takeover (at least that's what the people were saying). Multiple passengers were voicing their frustration at this change and it means some will have to change their plans or not use the service, which is a shame given the increase in frequency. I understand it is a council contract, but is there any chance Diamond could negotiate with the council to get a later last bus from Stourbridge to Kinver? It would mean a lot to some of your new passengers.

Edit: The last bus in the new timetable is at 17:40, not 17:35. Doesn't make it any better for these passengers.
I have just asked the officers at Staffordshire County Council for their guidance.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on August 31, 2024, 12:21:27 PMHello Simon, I've read about the Hail and Ride stops being removed does this affect services like the 80 and 23 and 303 as a relative uses the 23 and 80 from Moxley to Portobello to visit there Mum if these stops are removed then I assume they will need to use the nearest bus stop
I have asked our Commercial lead to pick this up with TfWM.

An issue becomes these services do not have loads of recovery time, and multiple pick up/ sets down can create problems with time keeping.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ryan Hack on September 02, 2024, 06:28:43 PMSaw a picture of a 74 reg ADL E200MMC on the 114 in preston are they due more if so how many

There are two in total.

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk