News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BN

Quote from: a4 funcool 2022 on August 23, 2024, 01:07:54 PMWolverhampton platinum enviro400 mmc has been quite vandalised scratched window graffiti writing and burn damage on the plastic seat covers
Find me a WN MMC with etched windows, bet you'll struggle. They've all been replaced

frostjay974

Quote from: Jack on August 23, 2024, 04:55:35 PMI catch them daily and they aren't in good condition. Walsall ones have very tired interiors and exteriors!
The price branded ones do but the 934 brandeds are in good shape 

Jack

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 23, 2024, 05:35:30 PMThe price branded ones do but the 934 brandeds are in good shape
None of them are, I'm not sure which ones you've been on! They've all got worn out/rock hard rear seats, tatty leather seats that have been cut and window etching and seat backs. 

frostjay974

Quote from: Jack on August 23, 2024, 05:40:18 PMNone of them are, I'm not sure which ones you've been on! They've all got worn out/rock hard rear seats, tatty leather seats that have been cut and window etching and seat backs.
Genuinely wouldn't surprise me if these are just more exaggerations like the 'slashed' seats that you claimed to have seen.

Mayfield

Take some images then next time you see slashed seats

Jack

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 23, 2024, 05:49:54 PMWouldn't surprise me if these are just more exaggerations like the 'slashed' seats that you claimed to have seen.
Then I suggest you ride the whole batch instead of the odd couple once in a blue moon.

Worn out rear seats isn't an exaggeration they are worn out after almost 10 years use! 

Tony

Quote from: Jack on August 23, 2024, 06:09:25 PMThen I suggest you ride the whole batch instead of the odd couple once in a blue moon.

Worn out rear seats isn't an exaggeration they are worn out after almost 10 years use!
The rearward facing seats are very worn out due to people putting feet on them, but 'slashed' seats get replaced. The trim shop send a van once a week to every garage to collect any damaged seats for repair. 

frostjay974

Quote from: Jack on August 23, 2024, 06:09:25 PMThen I suggest you ride the whole batch instead of the odd couple once in a blue moon.

Mate 😂 I'm not spending my days riding 30/40 different vehicles just to see which ones have damaged seats

Jack

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 23, 2024, 07:17:20 PMMate 😂 I'm not spending my days riding 30/40 different vehicles just to see which ones have damaged seats
Then maybe you should think about whether your judgement is relevant when you've only been on a few whereas I have to catch them near enough every day. Not sure why you decided to reply when it ended either after Tony's message!

Wba_lad

So will 6717 get the new stripe seats or will it reamin with thr spotty seats it has now?

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on August 24, 2024, 10:12:27 PMSo will 6717 get the new stripe seats or will it reamin with thr spotty seats it has now?
Stripes

Quote from: Tony on August 25, 2024, 08:28:55 AMStripes
Will the fake leather portion of the seats be replaced by moquette,  that fake leather on the 19 plate platinum's very strange in wear&tear on the top deck some look perfect while others are cracked up.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on August 25, 2024, 08:28:55 AMStripes
Ah okay thank you just wanted to ask as wasn't clear with amount of different comments about it, thanks for clarifying it.

Did 6717 have a RTC or something to be refurbished before buses that are still in Coventry blue and the red and white livery.

karl724223

2110 back at pensnett repaint and refurb 

Wumpty

@Tony  appreciate there's a lot happening operationally with refurbs, repaints and vehicle transfers for the main fleet - is the heritage fleet of ex Walsall Corporation and the Jumbo et al, still going ahead as a viable hire and revenue stream?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk