News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Jack on August 21, 2024, 08:00:23 PMI did read what was said, clearly you've not ridden many of the older ones to see the states they are in.

Slashed leather, worn out cushions (particularly the rear seats). Very much a let down to not retrim them to at least the new standard spec of seats.
So you still have not read where I said all seats will be re-covered and new foam added where needed 

Stu

Quote from: Jack on August 21, 2024, 08:00:23 PMI did read what was said, clearly you've not ridden many of the older ones to see the states they are in.

Slashed leather, worn out cushions (particularly the rear seats). Very much a let down to not retrim them to at least the new standard spec of seats.
I occasionally get to travel on some of AG's 67xx Platinums, and I've not noticed any issues with their seats.

Tony has said that the seats will be 're-covered' - ie they will have them replaced - and foam padding will be replaced where needed.

Not sure what more you're expecting.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stevo on August 21, 2024, 06:11:24 PMI expect the Platinums will get repainted, presumably in standard all-over grey, but will the Platinum brand be continued? As I understand it all vehicles since the last Platinums have been to Platinum specification, so perhaps there's no need to continue the brand.
Platinum is the new standard spec, its done its job of raising the specification standard, i think the last batch of standard NXWM buses are 6100s 9 years a go now. 

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 21, 2024, 07:13:35 PMHopefully new USBs will be fitted in the 2016 batch if they do get a full refurb I don't think that I've ever seen a working port on them since they were brand new. Also will the platinums get the seats that the 2022- electrics have if they are fully refurbished @Tony?
Change of actual seats with NX never will happen, i remember back in 99/00 the 4000/4100 batch of Plaxton B7TL getting poor customer feedback regarding the seats, the seats were small in the way only you bum was on the seat and no thigh support at all, very odd it felt compared to METROBUSES, NXWM put up notices in the buses that they are aware of the problem and are consulting the manufacturer, all load of bollocks, those buses never got any improved seating they went to the scrap yard with the original seat frames.

EK40

Quote from: 2900 on August 22, 2024, 09:04:51 AMChange of actual seats with NX never will happen, i remember back in 99/00 the 4000/4100 batch of Plaxton B7TL getting poor customer feedback regarding the seats, the seats were small in the way only you bum was on the seat and no thigh support at all, very odd it felt compared to METROBUSES, NXWM put up notices in the buses that they are aware of the problem and are consulting the manufacturer, all load of bollocks, those buses never got any improved seating they went to the scrap yard with the original seat frames.
Tbf the new style highbacks and older style platinum ones are both on the same lazzerini platform so they could be changed, just different seat cushions.

the only time im aware that nx have ever changed the seats properly was with the W DOP batch of presidents which came with highback seats then had them changed to lowbacks after a while.

Tony

Quote from: EK40 on August 22, 2024, 01:33:32 PMTbf the new style highbacks and older style platinum ones are both on the same lazzerini platform so they could be changed, just different seat cushions.

the only time im aware that nx have ever changed the seats properly was with the W DOP batch of presidents which came with highback seats then had them changed to lowbacks after a while.
The seats weren't changed, the headrest was just an attachment that was taken off 

mranon

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2024, 08:12:08 PMSo you still have not read where I said all seats will be re-covered and new foam added where needed
tbh to most people, having seats recovered and foam replaced where needed, & retrim = same thing! 

Stevo

Quote from: 2900 on August 22, 2024, 08:54:11 AMPlatinum is the new standard spec, its done its job of raising the specification standard, i think the last batch of standard NXWM buses are 6100s 9 years a go now.
I agree - it's the now standard spec, so that's why I asked if the Platinum brand will continue when it's become almost meaningless - in a good way! 

don

Quote from: Stu on August 21, 2024, 08:15:42 PMI occasionally get to travel on some of AG's 67xx Platinums, and I've not noticed any issues with their seats.

Tony has said that the seats will be 're-covered' - ie they will have them replaced - and foam padding will be replaced where needed.

Not sure what more you're expecting.

I travelled on 6708 yesterday on the 11a - I thought the interior was in remarkably good condition for a 9 yr old bus - seats were fine. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

BBS

QuoteI travelled on 6708 yesterday on the 11a - I thought the interior was in remarkably good condition for a 9 yr old bus - seats were fine.
AG has pretty good conditioned buses, however the EX Perry Barr Mmcs aren't the best, but that is mainly for vandalism 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Ingleboro261F

I'm on 7506 currently, and the seats don't look pretty vandalized.

a4 funcool 2022

Quote from: BBS on August 23, 2024, 12:40:52 PMAG has pretty good conditioned buses, however the EX Perry Barr Mmcs aren't the best, but that is mainly for vandalism
Wolverhampton platinum enviro400 mmc has been quite vandalised scratched window graffiti writing and burn damage on the plastic seat covers 

Jack

Quote from: BBS on August 23, 2024, 12:40:52 PMAG has pretty good conditioned buses, however the EX Perry Barr Mmcs aren't the best, but that is mainly for vandalism
Take it you've not been on the 46** Geminis they aren't in the best condition, and neither were the MMC's that are still in Crimson.

PB's 19 plate Platinums aren't too shabby at all.

frostjay974

The Walsall 934-7 Branded platinums are in really good condition some of them even still have all of their branding from 2015

Jack

Quote from: frostjay974 on August 23, 2024, 03:47:24 PMThe Walsall 934-7 Branded platinums are in really good condition some of them even still have all of their branding from 2015
I catch them daily and they aren't in good condition. Walsall ones have very tired interiors and exteriors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk