News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Next Stop Announcments

Started by Jack D, February 24, 2018, 09:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: BBS on May 14, 2024, 05:23:37 AMwhat about the 75**? Did they come into service after 1st October?
No, September 2019
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

TGZac

Doesn't the 'October 2014 to September 2019' range also include some of 4960-4995, 831-875 and the three Streetlites, so would need NSA equipment fitted to them before the October 2025 deadline?

Tony

Quote from: BBS on May 14, 2024, 05:23:37 AMwhat about the 75**? Did they come into service after 1st October?
All the dates new are available on the main site 

Wba_lad

6933 next stop announcements was not working on it earlier. 

karl724223

Quote from: Wba_lad on May 23, 2024, 10:05:07 PM6933 next stop announcements was not working on it earlier.
Never worked on that bus

Wba_lad

Ingleboro261F

6952 NSA doesn't display where the next stop is or say it 

BBS

Quote6952 NSA doesn't display where the next stop is or say it
That's because no Acocks Green route is platinum and has NSAs except the 5
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

B7RLE

6782 running round with the older announcements (ones before the slight change recently) while the rest of WN from what I can see have the newer ones
Local routes are the PN 7, WN 8, 25 and 242 (mainly the 8)
Also regularly use the PN 2, PN 2A and WN 82
Local rail station is Stourbridge Town, 139s 😍

Stu

Quote from: Stu on April 20, 2024, 04:14:15 PMBus Users UK has published a Quick Guide to the recently announced Accessible Information Regulations.
The Regulations will come into force fully by 2031 and will make bus services more accessible to people with disabilities and improve the journey for everyone.
During the phased implementation, passengers will be able to expect clear audio and visual announcements alerting them to next stops, diversions and the final destination.
https://bususers.org/uncategorised/guide-to-accessible-information-regulations/

Members of National Express' Viewpoint community would have received an email this week inviting them to take part in a short survey.

The survey was asking for people to pick their 'favourite' out of three different audible noises, which will be played when the bus is arriving at it's final stop, and another when the vehicle is going 'on diversion'. 

So it would seem that NX are already working on this, and should be up and running very soon.

Of course, it just needs passengers to be paying attention to these announcements!

On a side note, I had my first ride(s) today on NX Coventry's new electric buses, on the X1 to Coventry then the 11 to Leamington. I was quite impressed with the next-stop displays, and it was also useful to see the CCTV monitors displaying service updates details from the website.

I already noticed that the Z4xxx Zenobe 'spares' at YW have these same screens, but I haven't yet seen them operational as they probably lack the correct programming.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

QuoteMembers of National Express' Viewpoint community would have received an email this week inviting them to take part in a short survey.

The survey was asking for people to pick their 'favourite' out of three different audible noises, which will be played when the bus is arriving at it's final stop, and another when the vehicle is going 'on diversion'.

So it would seem that NX are already working on this, and should be up and running very soon.

Of course, it just needs passengers to be paying attention to these announcements!

On a side note, I had my first ride(s) today on NX Coventry's new electric buses, on the X1 to Coventry then the 11 to Leamington. I was quite impressed with the next-stop displays, and it was also useful to see the CCTV monitors displaying service updates details from the website.

I already noticed that the Z4xxx Zenobe 'spares' at YW have these same screens, but I haven't yet seen them operational as they probably lack the correct programming.
There's also a wheelchair announcement on the Coventry electrics, but the main issue which still after 2 years hasn't been fixed and that's the random announcement stopping 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MasterPlan

Not sure why but most buses I've been on don't have the NSA for X21 anymore. 

Is this the case on other routes too?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jay71

Quote from: MasterPlan on July 23, 2024, 05:05:55 PMNot sure why but most buses I've been on don't have the NSA for X21 anymore.

Is this the case on other routes too?
The 4m used to have announcements. But these stopped ages ago. Maybe Mr Hunter can tell us what happened to these announcements

Jack

Quote from: Jay71 on July 23, 2024, 05:43:54 PMThe 4m used to have announcements. But these stopped ages ago. Maybe Mr Hunter can tell us what happened to these announcements
They lost those 5 years ago now, it was when the Hanover Displays changed from Super X to the Static ones. Was a shame, the 222 lost its announcements when it got renumbered to the 2 as well.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Jay71 on July 23, 2024, 05:43:54 PMThe 4m used to have announcements. But these stopped ages ago. Maybe Mr Hunter can tell us what happened to these announcements

I meant recently.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk