News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Yardley Wood Garage

Started by Jay, June 12, 2013, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: TGZac on July 06, 2024, 05:51:06 PMBut why is it a loop instead of turning around at the terminus?
Because otherwise the section of New Street between Arden Road and Frankley Lane wouldn't have a bus service.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2024, 01:08:12 PME251 will probably be on the 6 later
Yep, saw it looking very smart on the Stratford Road in Sparkbrook earlier!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

E252 & E253 on their way to Yardley Wood now.

E253 may enter service this afternoon

E252 will be their new training bus replacing E171 which is now at BC and will go to PB for service soon

Celestial Toymaker

i saw a brand new vehicle on West Brom by-pass when we went to Sandwell Hospital, no markings and too far away to see the numberplate, any ideas ?
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

Tony

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on July 10, 2024, 02:08:05 PMi saw a brand new vehicle on West Brom by-pass when we went to Sandwell Hospital, no markings and too far away to see the numberplate, any ideas ?
If that's today unfortunately not. 9 are due to be delivered to either Walsall or Wolverhampton, but I had an email from Alexander Dennis about two hours ago saying deliveries would start Monday!

Tony

E253 is out on the 6, just left city, but not tracking on Bustimes

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2024, 10:33:18 AME252 will be their new training bus replacing E171 which is now at BC and will go to PB for service soon
Are there many drivers at YW not trained to drive electrics? I would have thought that most would have been already.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on July 10, 2024, 06:54:34 PMAre there many drivers at YW not trained to drive electrics? I would have thought that most would have been already.
There was close on 70 until a couple of weeks ago

Funnysnow18

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2024, 07:13:35 PMThere was close on 70 until a couple of weeks ago

Aren't they trained on electrics already as they have the older electrics 
Or are they slightly different to drive

Stu

Quote from: Funnysnow18 on July 10, 2024, 08:05:56 PMAren't they trained on electrics already as they have the older electrics
Or are they slightly different to drive
I assumed most drivers at YW would have been trained already, but as per Tony's reply clearly I was mistaken.

Why ask the same question again?
My locals:

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2024, 02:17:08 PMIf that's today unfortunately not. 9 are due to be delivered to either Walsall or Wolverhampton, but I had an email from Alexander Dennis about two hours ago saying deliveries would start Monday!
no it was a couple of days ago - cheers anyway just thought i would ask

3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

darthdc

Snapped E251 on Route 6 today, outside Hall Green library.

frostjay974

Does anyone know why E252 was driving around Bearwood today?

BK63 YWP

QuoteDoes anyone know why E252 was driving around Bearwood today?
Driver training (E252 is a YW bus) so that PB's one that was on loan for training could go back
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: frostjay974 on July 18, 2024, 03:13:06 PMDoes anyone know why E252 was driving around Bearwood today?
see message 2541 above.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk