News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

National Express Coaches

Started by winston, October 01, 2012, 12:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Stu on April 09, 2024, 08:57:26 PMLast I read was that Van Hool were looking to restructure their business in order to focus on 'luxury coaches', and it was the regular buses they were looking to discontinue or off-load, so I don't think this will affect things that way.

Van Hool are declared bankrupt:
https://www.route-one.net/news/van-hool-declared-bankrupt-vdl-to-take-coach-and-bus-activities/

@Mayfield - I assume there may potentially be delays to the remaining 9 due for Edwards Coaches this summer, depending on where they are in the manufacturing process. However, NX could prove to be a regular new customer going forward with the extra seating capacity / luggage space of the overdeck Altano's.

winston

B61 ANDREW

Any news on the Van Hool coaches that were intended for Edwards ??  On a separate note , the Volvo 9700 double deck coaches that are arriving at Stagecoach and Citylink look very impressive. 

Wba_lad

East Yourkshire oporated the 151 and 152 (Birmingham to Grimsby) and (Birmingham to Hull) both leave same time off Birmingham 15:00, it's a shame they couldn't make them run 2 a day because 1 coach a day on both routes it's awkward for some people by the time you get to say Lincoln it's 18:30 then the bus for Skegness is 19:00 because a lot of people use the 151 coach to get from Birmingham to Skegness including myself, by the time you arrive into Skegness it's at least 20:30 it's a shame they can't do a morning coach off Birmingham and a afternoon coach of Birmingham and do the same in Lincoln do a morning and a afternoon/ evening coach, even if it's a trail to see if it brings more passengers in because I would definitely use the afternoon coach from Lincoln to Birmingham. 

Coventrybususer95

With van hool going bankrupt will the 25 double deckers that have been ordered/ delivered see service or will they be sold off 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

winston

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 04, 2024, 07:54:20 AMWith van hool going bankrupt will the 25 double deckers that have been ordered/ delivered see service or will they be sold off
VDL have acquired Van Hool

Mayfield

If you look at an article from 2 days ago in bus and coach buyer it looks a mess.

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on July 04, 2024, 08:58:12 AMIf you look at an article from 2 days ago in bus and coach buyer it looks a mess.
National Express are no longer taking the Van Hools

Mayfield

Wise decision, what about the one that has been used for promotion ?

winston

Quote from: Tony on July 04, 2024, 10:03:48 AMNational Express are no longer taking the Van Hools
Any idea who NX will source the 25 x coaches from now? 

Plaxton maybe? 

the trainbasher

QuoteAny idea who NX will source the 25 x coaches from now?

Plaxton maybe?
Plaxton isn't doing coaches at the moment

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 04, 2024, 04:45:51 PMPlaxton isn't doing coaches at the moment
What do you mean? Plaxton aren't building any coaches at the moment? 

Tony

Quote from: winston on July 04, 2024, 01:17:57 PMAny idea who NX will source the 25 x coaches from now?

Plaxton maybe?
I think it is extra Levantes initially until another high capacity vehicle can be sourced

the trainbasher

QuoteWhat do you mean? Plaxton aren't building any coaches at the moment?
https://www.busandcoachbuyer.com/not-dead-but-resting/

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk