News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

BusTimes.org - general discussion

Started by gka472l, December 19, 2019, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Funnysnow18 on July 02, 2024, 07:02:28 AMNo nx tracking this morning or diamond
Diamond are tracking on their own website. NX aren't showing real time arrival times on Google maps either.

In fact no buses are tracking in the West Midlands at all currently.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Jack

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on July 02, 2024, 12:45:07 PMNX are Tracking again now
Bet the armchair spotters and kids are full of joy!

a4 funcool 2022

Quote from: Jack on July 02, 2024, 01:21:20 PMBet the armchair spotters and kids are full of joy!
They all are full of joy

Funnysnow18

Tracker has stopped again
It's working again now

Funnysnow18

Can anyone add the electric buses onto fleet list on bus times as you cannot log them on busmiles without them being  on bus times

Stu

Quote from: Funnysnow18 on Yesterday at 01:16:43 PMCan anyone add the electric buses onto fleet list on bus times as you cannot log them on busmiles without them being  on bus times
See: https://bustimes.org/rules

QuoteHow do I add a vehicle?
You can't. The vehicle lists on bustimes.org are purely a by-product of the automatic vehicle tracking system (the live map etc.).
They get added to the lists as soon as they track for the first time.

You can't travel on buses that have not entered service anyway.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Funnysnow18

Quote from: Stu on Yesterday at 02:14:57 PMSee: https://bustimes.org/rules

They get added to the lists as soon as they track for the first time.

You can't travel on buses that have not entered service anyway.
But some may never track 

Stu

Quote from: Funnysnow18 on Yesterday at 02:20:16 PMBut some may never track
That is not true.

All buses (in England at least) used on public bus services have been required to track since 2021.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_Open_Data_Service

That's why Tony asks for help with identifying NX buses that aren't tracking on BusTimes.

All of NX's electric buses that are in service are already listed on BusTimes, and as others enter service for the first time then they get added to the vehicle list.

I don't know what you want to achieve with BusMiles, unless you want to claim to have travelled on buses that are still in storage.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on Yesterday at 02:50:30 PMThat is not true.

All buses (in England at least) used on public bus services have been required to track since 2021.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_Open_Data_Service

That's why Tony asks for help with identifying NX buses that aren't tracking on BusTimes.

All of NX's electric buses that are in service are already listed on BusTimes, and as others enter service for the first time then they get added to the vehicle list.

I don't know what you want to achieve with BusMiles, unless you want to claim to have travelled on buses that are still in storage.

There's currently 5 in service not tracking, so have not yet got onto Bustimes. All have been reported to try and correct the faults. (E166, E176, E205, E219 & E225). Two are due to enter service at YW next week.

Funnysnow18

Quote from: Tony on Yesterday at 03:04:42 PMThere's currently 5 in service not tracking, so have not yet got onto Bustimes. All have been reported to try and correct the faults. (E166, E176, E205, E219 & E225). Two are due to enter service at YW next week.
Ah okay thanks

Solo1

what service will the 2 electrics at Yardley Wood be going on 2& 3 or joining the ones on the 6

Jack

Quote from: Solo1 on Yesterday at 10:05:14 PMwhat service will the 2 electrics at Yardley Wood be going on 2& 3 or joining the ones on the 6
What's that do with BusTimes?

I've been told by YW drivers they will be used across YW's Decker services (excluding the 27)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk