News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Busworks

Started by Wba_lad, March 14, 2024, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on April 24, 2024, 05:49:14 PMIsn't the E500 the three-axle variant?
Yes, not my photo but they look like this
File:05-D-70009 VT9 Dublin Bus Volvo B9TL with Alexander Dennis Enviro 500  bodywork (37653146335).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Rachvince53

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Wumpty

Former Stagecoach Optare Solo, PX07HBL, has been filming for a new BBC3 television show.

The bus was destinated "11 Erdington". It was fitted with full studio cameras in the saloon for full interior and talking head shots.

The vehicle is currently for sale.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

mikestone

The two buses supplied to Mikro, Crewe both photographed yesterday - 4452 has lost its fleetnumber and has some paint damage where the fleetnames have been removed, but 4664 still carrying them but its fleetnames have come off cleanly.
Neither has a name yet.
;

ARBB

Quote from: mikestone on May 04, 2024, 10:55:46 AMThe two buses supplied to Mikro, Crewe both photographed yesterday - 4452 has lost its fleetnumber and has some paint damage where the fleetnames have been removed, but 4664 still carrying them but its fleetnames have come off cleanly.
Neither has a name yet.
;

Have you found the Lothian B7TL Birmingham Busworks sold to them yet?

Mayfield

In the photo of 4826 leaving Miller Street I presume that's BBW yard in the back ground which appears to show ex Lothian Geminis and London E400s or do they still belong to The Green Bus, it's been a while since The Green Bus ceased running are these just dumped rotting away, also on BBWs website they are advertising 20 Enviro 400s coming soon for resale

Wba_lad

Quote from: Mayfield on June 19, 2024, 04:39:29 PMIn the photo of 4826 leaving Miller Street I presume that's BBW yard in the back ground which appears to show ex Lothian Geminis and London E400s or do they still belong to The Green Bus, it's been a while since The Green Bus ceased running are these just dumped rotting away, also on BBWs website they are advertising 20 Enviro 400s coming soon for resale
Yes that is Birmingham bus works depot they have a mixture of vehicles they have ex Lothian gemenis, I think they still have a DublinBus in there and they have some national express vehicles and stagecoach vehicles. And then they still have a few of the buses that the green bus used which are for sale. 

Lukeee

Blue and yellow E200 broken down on M6 southbound between J6 and J5 about 10:15 this morning, not sure if this was one of the examples that busworks were selling or one that has already been sold on.

Mods feel free to move to breakdown thread, posted in wrong place

ARBB

Quote from: Mayfield on June 19, 2024, 04:39:29 PMIn the photo of 4826 leaving Miller Street I presume that's BBW yard in the back ground which appears to show ex Lothian Geminis and London E400s or do they still belong to The Green Bus, it's been a while since The Green Bus ceased running are these just dumped rotting away, also on BBWs website they are advertising 20 Enviro 400s coming soon for resale
All of the buses which were used by TheGreenBus were sold a while ago. 600 and 607 remain, both long term VOR but being repaired as and when time allows. 

Ooooh 20 Enviro400s... but where from?

ARBB

Quote from: Wba_lad on June 20, 2024, 01:41:03 PMYes that is Birmingham bus works depot they have a mixture of vehicles they have ex Lothian gemenis, I think they still have a DublinBus in there and they have some national express vehicles and stagecoach vehicles. And then they still have a few of the buses that the green bus used which are for sale.
  • The Ex-Dublin bus was dropped off at Busworks after the delivery driver crashed it on the way to its owner down south. Busworks repaired the panel and the company picked it up last month.
  • There are two National Express buses on site at the minute. 4538 and 4318, the latter was collected from Walsall last week. Both for sale for £6,000 each.
  • Three Stagecoach vehicles on site. One Volvo B7RLE which was purchased from it's previous owner last week. Dennis Trident 18351 which is now under offer for preservation and an Enviro400 which is being salvaged for usable parts before going to a bus graveyard in the sky.
  • All the buses operated by TheGreenBus have been sold and will be with new owners by September.
  • There's also a number of Adventure Travel buses, 2 former Whippets buses, 3 Ex-Lothian buses and a partridge in a pear tree. 
  • There's also an Ex-Stagecoach coach in the yard too. 

ARBB

Quote from: Lukeee on June 20, 2024, 07:58:09 PMBlue and yellow E200 broken down on M6 southbound between J6 and J5 about 10:15 this morning, not sure if this was one of the examples that busworks were selling or one that has already been sold on.

Mods feel free to move to breakdown thread, posted in wrong place
Not quite broken down. It blew a pipe off, engineer attended and it was returned back to Birmingham. 

It was on its way to the paintshop, it's going next week. But what colour will it be when it comes back  :shocked: :wink:

Mayfield

Quote from: ARBB on June 21, 2024, 06:51:55 PMAll of the buses which were used by TheGreenBus were sold a while ago. 600 and 607 remain, both long term VOR but being repaired as and when time allows.

Ooooh 20 Enviro400s... but where from?
Just says still in service with major operator in London £44,500 each and are Euro 6

Mayfield

ARBB

Quote from: Mayfield on June 21, 2024, 08:08:58 PMJust says still in service with major operator in London £44,500 each and are Euro 6
Let the speculation begin. They're 12-plates too. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk