News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Ticket price changes 30th June 2024

Started by Rachvince53, June 13, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 13, 2024, 01:55:43 PMThe previous comment about the NX Daysaver reminded that the ticket currently known as the NX Extra which is valid on NX buses outside the nBus zone will be known as the NX OUTER ZONES. This will be increased to £5 for a daysaver.
And yet my normal WM Nbus Daysaver got me to Lichfield as the Driver said it was fine on the 34 to get there
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Justin Tyme

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 13, 2024, 07:56:53 PMAnd yet my normal WM Nbus Daysaver got me to Lichfield as the Driver said it was fine on the 34 to get there

It does at the moment, but from 30th June only the NX Outer Zones ticket will be valid beyond the TfWM boundary.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 13, 2024, 08:10:24 PMIt does at the moment, but from 30th June only the NX Outer Zones ticket will be valid beyond the TfWM boundary.
Oh well I probably shouldn't have to travel that far anyway for a while If I do again
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Westy

Guess there's no similar change to the Nbus Regional pass, so I can still get to Cannock & Lichfield?

Don't envy the Service 8 drivers having to explain to people that the £4.80 Daysaver they've just bought off another route into town, isn't valid to Lichfield!

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 13, 2024, 07:55:52 PMYes but NX accept Daysavers in Lichfield as Tony and others have said
Surely out of county passengers, buying the NX Extra tickets lose out anyway, as they can only catch NX buses once they are inside the WM county?

What is stopping a ticket being sold outside the county, valid on NX buses only outside the county, but once you get inside the WM county, then having the validity of an NBus?

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on June 13, 2024, 09:54:26 PMSurely out of county passengers, buying the NX Extra tickets lose out anyway, as they can only catch NX buses once they are inside the WM county?

What is stopping a ticket being sold outside the county, valid on NX buses only outside the county, but once you get inside the WM county, then having the validity of an NBus?
Yeah but I was saying I had a normal Nbus that once I crossed back into the West Midlands if Diamond had any services home I could have used it on there. But if the Nbus can do that why do you know a new ticket. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on June 13, 2024, 09:44:21 PMGuess there's no similar change to the Nbus Regional pass, so I can still get to Cannock & Lichfield?

Don't envy the Service 8 drivers having to explain to people that the £4.80 Daysaver they've just bought off another route into town, isn't valid to Lichfield!
Whereas the £4.50 ticket before was As I used it all the way from Darlo to Lichfield and was gonna use it back from Bentley but the kids had other ideas. And I could have used it on Diamond back in Walsall had I wanted
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

JPC

This is essentially just the nBus reverting back to it's original rules and a reinstatement of the NX Regional day/season tickets but this time named Outer Zone and for the first time it is priced higher than the nBus (and seemingly even more if travelling towards Rugby), so once again not simple for the average punter.
I will feel sorry for the NX drivers who will once again have to deal with the hassle and conflict with ticket boundaries which will arise on the day and going forward.
As a Coventry resident and nBus direct debit customer it's a double whammy losing inclusive travel to several Warwickshire towns, yes I could move to the Outer Zone ticket which will be a bit of a hassle when you're a DD customer, you just have to weigh up the pros and cons to your individual circumstances.

Westy

Quote from: JPC on June 13, 2024, 10:11:56 PMThis is essentially just the nBus reverting back to it's original rules and a reinstatement of the NX Regional day/season tickets but this time named Outer Zone and for the first time it is priced higher than the nBus (and seemingly even more if travelling towards Rugby), so once again not simple for the average punter.
I will feel sorry for the NX drivers who will once again have to deal with the hassle and conflict with ticket boundaries which will arise on the day and going forward.
As a Coventry resident and nBus direct debit customer it's a double whammy losing inclusive travel to several Warwickshire towns, yes I could move to the Outer Zone ticket which will be a bit of a hassle when you're a DD customer, you just have to weigh up the pros and cons to your individual circumstances.
Nx only have a token presence in certain non WM county towns.

If they operated a substantial network in those towns, like for example Cannock pre 1980, I could see the point of the Outer Zone, but if you're only operating one route in & out of the area, it just seems a bit of a faff at times.

Is your average punter whos just bought a Nbus in Darlo, going to realise they need another ticket to get to Lichfield?

PhageyMcPhage

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 13, 2024, 01:43:46 PMStill fairly good value that you could travel from say Willenhall to Walsall or Bilston to Walsall say for £2.90 and a Daysaver NX being £4.50 or will it now be £4.80 is still good value. Baring in mind the NX Daysaver can get you from Birmingham to Lichfield or Lichfield to West Brom or Dudley
Nbus is not valid to or from Lichfield

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: PhageyMcPhage on June 14, 2024, 07:02:16 AMNbus is not valid to or from Lichfield
Well it was when I went the 34 Driver in Darlo said it was fine and I had no issues it was valid only on NX Services which were the buses I was using anyway. I walked to the Lichfield Football Ground from Lichfield anyway so I didnt use it in Lichfield apart from coming home. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Rachvince53

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 13, 2024, 07:55:52 PMYes but NX accept Daysavers in Lichfield as Tony and others have said
This Outer Zone will replace the Daysaver in that area as Lichfield is outside the nBus area. 

Westy

Had a quick chat with the TfWM chap in Walsall Bus Station, while I was killing time waiting for a Bloxwich bus.

Got the impression, he wasnt entirely up to speed, as he didnt appear to be aware of the Nx Extra tickets, but he had the prices apparantly.

He did say my Nbus 4 week pass was still valid to Lichfield & Cannock.

markcf83

Quote from: PhageyMcPhage on June 14, 2024, 07:02:16 AMNbus is not valid to or from Lichfield
Er,yes it is. I used mine before the New Year holiday to go there from Walsall and then left on a Sutton bus. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

PhageyMcPhage

Quote from: markcf83 on June 14, 2024, 11:23:05 PMEr,yes it is. I used mine before the New Year holiday to go there from Walsall and then left on a Sutton bus.
The nbus zone does not include Lichfield and never has. Lots of people probably are travelling out of area though and I can understand drivers not wanting the argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk