News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Ticket price changes 30th June 2024

Started by Rachvince53, June 13, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Fares from 30th June 2024

All nBus ticket prices will increase by 6% from this date. For example a nBus daysaver increases from £4.50 to £4.80. This has been agreed by TfWM and the bus operators.

Please note the £2 fare cap is unaffected as that is subsidised by the government until (currently) October 2024.

Jay71

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 13, 2024, 11:16:14 AMFares from 30th June 2024

All nBus ticket prices will increase by 6% from this date. For example a nBus daysaver increases from £4.50 to £4.80. This has been agreed by TfWM and the bus operators.

Please note the £2 fare cap is unaffected as that is subsidised by the government until (currently) October 2024.

I thought the £2 cap lasted until Dec 2024

cardew

Quote from: Jay71 on June 13, 2024, 11:23:10 AMI thought the £2 cap lasted until Dec 2024
It does, and the NXWM web page states "end of this year".

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/fare-and-ticket-changes-from-30th-june-2024

An ending of the cap will be noticed as I the uncapped single is going from £2.40 to £2.90, quite a percentage increase that.

markcf83

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 13, 2024, 11:16:14 AMFares from 30th June 2024

Seems like a fair rise for a day ticket given the scope of where you can go. Looking forward to being in Coventry in September for the day and the surrounding areas.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Gareth

The increase from £2 to £2.90 at the end of the year (if there's no there's no other plans in place) will not be pretty.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Gareth on June 13, 2024, 12:31:33 PMThe increase from £2 to £2.90 at the end of the year (if there's no there's no other plans in place) will not be pretty.
But still cheaper than many other places. Oh and yes I'm sorry for my error with the current end date for the £2 fare.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Still fairly good value that you could travel from say Willenhall to Walsall or Bilston to Walsall say for £2.90 and a Daysaver NX being £4.50 or will it now be £4.80 is still good value. Baring in mind the NX Daysaver can get you from Birmingham to Lichfield or Lichfield to West Brom or Dudley
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Rachvince53

The previous comment about the NX Daysaver reminded that the ticket currently known as the NX Extra which is valid on NX buses outside the nBus zone will be known as the NX OUTER ZONES. This will be increased to £5 for a daysaver.

BK63 YWP

QuoteStill fairly good value that you could travel from say Willenhall to Walsall or Bilston to Walsall say for £2.90 and a Daysaver NX being £4.50 or will it now be £4.80 is still good value. Baring in mind the NX Daysaver can get you from Birmingham to Lichfield or Lichfield to West Brom or Dudley
Lichfield is classed as an outer zone which will be £5 so 20p more than the standard day saver which is still good value for money. Birmingham to Lichfield by train is £8.10 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

metrocity

Quote from: Gareth on June 13, 2024, 12:31:33 PMThe increase from £2 to £2.90 at the end of the year (if there's no there's no other plans in place) will not be pretty.
May aswell go out with a bang and make as much money as possible if the mayor wants to confiscate their business off them in the next 18/24 months...

Tony

Quote from: metrocity on June 13, 2024, 02:20:51 PMMay aswell go out with a bang and make as much money as possible if the mayor wants to confiscate their business off them in the next 18/24 months...
Day ticket will still be cheaper than franchised Manchester 

Justin Tyme

It looks like the new NX Outer Zones ticket will only be valid on NX buses - it won't be nBus plus all NX services. Is this correct?

Also, interesting to see the NX Coventry website says that from 1st September, passengers travelling to Rugby will need to get an "NX Outer Zones + Rugby" ticket, details of which will appear nearer that time. As the Rugby services aren't commercial I'm not surprised about that.

Westy

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 13, 2024, 05:34:58 PMIt looks like the new NX Outer Zones ticket will only be valid on NX buses - it won't be nBus plus all NX services. Is this correct?

Also, interesting to see the NX Coventry website says that from 1st September, passengers travelling to Rugby will need to get an "NX Outer Zones + Rugby" ticket, details of which will appear nearer that time. As the Rugby services aren't commercial I'm not surprised about that.
Does this mean the 'loophole' that I previously queried, where the driver who issues a Nbus dayticket in the Wm County area allows travel into Staffs/Bromsgrove/Warks and back is now closed & the driver will have to look for the 'proper' ticket?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Westy on June 13, 2024, 06:52:17 PMDoes this mean the 'loophole' that I previously queried, where the driver who issues a Nbus dayticket in the Wm County area allows travel into Staffs/Bromsgrove/Warks and back is now closed & the driver will have to look for the 'proper' ticket?

Well, I wouldn't call it a loophole, even though NX and TfWM website have not been clear about it, as thanks partly to a few people on here (including you?) it was established a while ago that nBus tickets are valid on all NX buses outside the TfWM area.

Anyway, it does looks like this will end, so we will have to ask drivers for an 'Outer Zones' £5 ticket if we want to travel into the shires.  And it looks like it will only be valid on NX buses.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: BK63 YWP on June 13, 2024, 02:05:07 PMLichfield is classed as an outer zone which will be £5 so 20p more than the standard day saver which is still good value for money. Birmingham to Lichfield by train is £8.10
Yes but NX accept Daysavers in Lichfield as Tony and others have said
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk