News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Withdrawn Vehicles

Started by Ashley, November 01, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

QuoteDepending on the priorities for the "other" PBs, I would imagine 69xx's could start to work their way over to WB. Could be completely wrong as usual.
And you also have AG and I believe YW and WN who still have non euro 6 laying around 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

ZF B7

There's going to be enough cascades to rid the garage of Scanias and non Euro6s, I just believe the Scanias should go first. I drive them on the 12s and 13s often which are crying for deckers particularly on school term mornings. Drivers have been raising this issue for some time now

Jack

Quote from: ZF B7 on June 02, 2024, 03:47:24 PMThere's going to be enough cascades to rid the garage of Scanias and non Euro6s, I just believe the Scanias should go first. I drive them on the 12s and 13s often which are crying for deckers particularly on school term mornings. Drivers have been raising this issue for some time now
Again, NX's main priority to remove non Euro 6 Deckers and some Scania's that are past it, not all of them in one go.

BBS

QuoteThere's going to be enough cascades to rid the garage of Scanias and non Euro6s, I just believe the Scanias should go first. I drive them on the 12s and 13s often which are crying for deckers particularly on school term mornings. Drivers have been raising this issue for some time now
WBs omnilinks can be moved to Walsall if Walsall has any shortage but why is there a need for omnilinks to go just because you don't like them 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Ingleboro261F

They may have their problems but their capacity is pretty good for a single decker

ZF B7

Quote from: BBS on June 02, 2024, 05:00:37 PMWBs omnilinks can be moved to Walsall if Walsall has any shortage but why is there a need for omnilinks to go just because you don't like them
I already explained twice why I think they need to go

ZF B7

Quote from: Jack on June 02, 2024, 04:06:53 PMAgain, NX's main priority to remove non Euro 6 Deckers and some Scania's that are past it, not all of them in one go.

I know what NX's priorities are, I was simply stating my opinion on what should happen. Can't even do that without some know it alls trying to showcase how better they are than you 

winston

Quote from: ZF B7 on June 02, 2024, 05:41:36 PMI already explained twice why I think they need to go
I agree, routes that struggle capacity wise should lose their single deckers as top priority, I think @Stu will agree as regards the 2 & 3 being allocated Omnilinks too...

Stu

Quote from: winston on June 02, 2024, 05:49:25 PMI agree, routes that struggle capacity wise should lose their single deckers as top priority, I think @Stu will agree as regards the 2 & 3 being allocated Omnilinks too...
Top priority once all the non-Euro6 vehicles have been removed of course. :rolleyes:

I expect most if not all of the OmniLinks will be gone next year, I think they won't start to be removed until later this year though.

In the meantime, we just have to be patient and wait. The electrics entering service at PB next week are just the first of 300 new vehicles due for delivery this year and next, as we've seen already this process will take some time to complete.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek

Any idea on how long WB's 45** are expected to remain in service?
5/51/X51/529

Mike K

Quote from: BBS on June 02, 2024, 05:00:37 PMWBs omnilinks can be moved to Walsall if Walsall has any shortage but why is there a need for omnilinks to go just because you don't like them
There's a difference between wanting the Omnilimks off a certain route, and proposing that they be withdrawn ahead of other vehicles. As a 12/13 driver he's best placed to know whether they struggle to cope. From catching the bus from Centenary Square each evening I see first hand how the 12/13 are frequently rammed compared to the other Hagley Road routes. 

Plebster

Quote from: West_Brom/WalsallBusGeek on June 02, 2024, 08:02:21 PMAny idea on how long WB's 45** are expected to remain in service?
The rumours are true...? Damn it, b7 Geminis have always been so reliable...

Ingleboro261F

Quote from: Plebster on June 02, 2024, 09:27:11 PMThe rumours are true...? Damn it, b7 Geminis have always been so reliable...
It was destined at some point, these vehicles are nearly 21 years old

frostjay974

Quote from: ZF B7 on June 02, 2024, 03:47:24 PMThere's going to be enough cascades to rid the garage of Scanias and non Euro6s, I just believe the Scanias should go first. I drive them on the 12s and 13s often which are crying for deckers particularly on school term mornings. Drivers have been raising this issue for some time now
I never saw the point with the inter working of the 12s and 13s I also don't remember the 120 having this issue when it had single deckers as its main allocation for so many years

Quote from: frostjay974 on June 02, 2024, 10:16:13 PMI never saw the point with the inter working the 12s and 13s I also don't remember the 120 having this issue when it had single deckers as its main allocation for so many years
The 120 was a 10mins service with Diamond and went straight down Hagley Rd, Currently the  12 on a 15 mins service already has a standing load before it even gets to Bearwood. In reality this is no good for drivers, passengers or NX.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk