News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General election 4th July- Battle Buses

Started by Sandy Lane, May 27, 2024, 09:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

With last weeks surprise election date of 4th July suddenly being announced does this give time to see the political party battle buses being rapidly ordered, branded and taking to the roads? 

In no particular order could there be red, blue, yellow, green, rainbow (and any other colour) buses appearing in the press?

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 27, 2024, 09:13:02 AMWith last weeks surprise election date of 4th July suddenly being announced does this give time to see the political party battle buses being rapidly ordered, branded and taking to the roads?

In no particular order could there be red, blue, yellow, green, rainbow (and any other colour) buses appearing in the press?

The Lib-Dems yellow coach was on telly last night

joieman

Reform UK were using a turquoise Ayats Bravo open-topper, LX05 KOA, shortly after Ashfield MP Lee Anderson defected to them.

B61 ANDREW

Will "the Greens" be using an electric [ or hydrogen ] vehicle ??   :rolleyes:

BlackCountryBusSpotter

I'm fairly certain it must have been 2015 I was on the 34 with my dad coming home from Primary School we got to James Bridge and I could have sworn passing us heading to Walsall seemed to be a Silver Car with someone shouting through a Megaphone and I think that was the local Green Party reps. A Car is more efficient than a bus back then especially. It may have been before then for local elections as the car seemed to be a mid 2000's Saloon. I barely remember it but It was either Green or Lib Dems. But I think it was the Greens. 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Tony on May 27, 2024, 09:35:10 AMThe Lib-Dems yellow coach was on telly last night
I have only found limited pictures of the Lib-Dem battle bus.
Not been able to get the vehicle reg so far but I see their coach is called 'Yellow Hammer 1'.

Isle of Stroma

QuoteReform UK were using a turquoise Ayats Bravo open-topper, LX05 KOA, shortly after Ashfield MP Lee Anderson defected to them.

Of course, the irony of using a Spanish vehicle would have been lost on those right wing to$$pots & the brain-dead that vote for them...

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 27, 2024, 09:13:02 AMWith last weeks surprise election date of 4th July suddenly being announced does this give time to see the political party battle buses being rapidly ordered, branded and taking to the roads?
The sudden election announcement in mid May seems to have caused a panic at the coach paint preparation shops as it took until yesterday for two more battle buses to get officially launched. In no particular order there is 

Labour's red coach YD73 FPY. A Yutong model
Conservative's blue coach BA68 PZO. It is a Merc 3 axle.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

The Lib Dems look to be an Van Hool Coach of some kind from what glances I've seen on the News, Looks like a Merc Turismo 3 Axle from the Tories 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 02, 2024, 11:09:11 AMThe Lib Dems look to be an Van Hool Coach of some kind from what glances I've seen on the News.
There is a photo on flickr of 28WT in a multi colour livery.

Sandy Lane

Earlier this year for a by-election in Wellingborough the Reform UK party seemed to be using a sky blue coloured Volvo 2 axle open top decker LX05 KOA. Not sure if they are using it now though?

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Sandy Lane on June 07, 2024, 06:51:17 AMEarlier this year for a by-election in Wellingborough the Reform UK party seemed to be using a sky blue coloured Volvo 2 axle open top decker LX05 KOA. Not sure if they are using it now though?
Looks like it when they were in Clacton 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

joieman

Quote from: Sandy Lane on June 07, 2024, 06:51:17 AMEarlier this year for a by-election in Wellingborough the Reform UK party seemed to be using a sky blue coloured Volvo 2 axle open top decker LX05 KOA. Not sure if they are using it now though?
I think they still have it, as I stated earlier, it was later in Ashfield after Lee Anderson's defection to Reform UK.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk