News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayeed

Quote from: Stu on November 27, 2023, 08:35:53 PMThen civilised society is doomed, because too many people are either willing to turn a blind eye and say nothing, or they say nothing 'for fear' of retribution.
Good luck getting anything out of made reports.
The faith in making report is shocking at the moment particularly on the Council Estates. I have probably reached out to 10 different places, it worked briefly then the problematic tenants realised they cannot be evicted due to their situation they carried on.

As what Wumpty wrote, it's all down to parenting and attitudes.

Век живи - век учись

Westy

I hope TfWm are looking at the 25 Saturday journeys as well, as I previously mentioned (& got caught up in inadvertably!), they hide by the canal bridge on Slacky Lane & aim at those buses as well?

(This was approx 12pm as well!)

hlliwmai

Very nice I like this...the little scum who are doing all the damage won't though diddums 🤣🤣

Straightlines

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 29, 2023, 03:35:36 PMVery nice I like this...the little scum who are doing all the damage won't though diddums 🤣🤣
I wonder if you would like it if you had to use that bus service to get home!

It doesn't resolve the root cause of the problem. Ultimately, any users that do rely on those journeys will now make alternate arrangements and *if* those journeys do return - usage will be severely diminished.

It's actually quite incredible that a failure of society has now turned into a TfWM related failure. 

hlliwmai

Quote from: Straightlines on November 29, 2023, 03:58:20 PMIt doesn't resolve the root cause of the problem. Ultimately, any users that do rely on those journeys will now make alternate arrangements and *if* those journeys do return - usage will be severely diminished.

It's actually quite incredible that a failure of society has now turned into a TfWM related failure.

Well if they do return and they are as you say diminished then so be it! It means Chaserider have then got another reason to pull the plug on the service simple!

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Having had family in that area there surprised it hasn't happened sooner they said it must have been costing NX and Chaserider lots to repair the windows and doors. They said most residents aren't angry at the Operators they always feel like it was inevitable. I used to get the bus to visit them and I figured if I was waiting an hour for the 29 it was because they were diverted so I would either walk to the terminus in Blakenall or just walk to Bloxwhich. I did sometimes see the kids with Hoodies on walk or cycle past. My relatives said it wouldn't make a difference withdrawing the buses from there as the little darlings will still smash up Bus Stops, Windows or Cars.

The Police should go around there in an Unmarked Car they could use Unmarked Peugeots or Skoda's I saw one the other day with Plain Clothed officers inside or patrolling the estate or both so when the car gets bricked the kids can be captured on Dash Cam and then found and arrested or their parents charged.

I know incidents of buses being smashed used to happen in Rough Hay, Herberts Park and Bentley I can't remember how they stopped it but I don't think it still happens in those areas anymore unless Lodge Farm counts as Bentley. I was on about Darkside which is the area after Wrexham Aveune and the Black Country Route and upto Churchill Aveune I think they used to do buses there Years ago. If the 34 still gets attacked It doesn't seem to divert or get reported about and nothing goes through Herberts Park anymore really. But whatever measures they did to stop them attacking the 34 and 39 or 639 they need to do in Blakenall and Beechdale
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Straightlines

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 29, 2023, 05:02:26 PMWell if they do return and they are as you say diminished then so be it! It means Chaserider have then got another reason to pull the plug on the service simple!
You could argue that Chaserider should have perhaps done their homework prior to tendering! 

From what I understand, these issues are hardly new with services in the area. 

I don't think anyone comes out of this in a good light. Ultimately, the users of the service suffer and the users contribute to Chaseriders income.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Little Darlings caused ASB on Coalpool Lane so 29 diverted Bloxwhich Road, Broadstone Aveune and Harden Road. No idea If there was any buses smashed but Saw the tweet after a family member text saying the ASB had started again.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Solo1

If one of the parents or their mates was on the bus & they hit them how would the kids feel then & need to catch them stick them in a cell for a few hours to teach them a lesson or army 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Solo1 on November 30, 2023, 06:34:33 AMIf one of the parents or their mates was on the bus & they hit them how would the kids feel then & need to catch them stick them in a cell for a few hours to teach them a lesson or army
Would teach them a lesson hopefully Karma for potentially harming others. That's if they aren't banned from the buses
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

spacecowboy150

Get all the 19 and 29 drivers on the gym so they're really buff so they can go beat up the kids

(incase people get angry, this is a joke)

Lukeee

Quote from: spacecowboy150 on November 30, 2023, 03:57:06 PMGet all the 19 and 29 drivers on the gym so they're really buff so they can go beat up the kids

(incase people get angry, this is a joke)
As a bus driver (no longer service work however) I wish this was an option lol  

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on November 30, 2023, 06:34:33 AMIf one of the parents or their mates was on the bus & they hit them how would the kids feel then & need to catch them stick them in a cell for a few hours to teach them a lesson or army
The problem (as I see it) is that these brain-dead morons have no ability to think about such things in a logical manner.

All these people think about is "having some fun", and dare I say it, filming and uploading this kind of stuff to social media, in order to get 'likes' and attention.

There's no concept of "consequences for your actions", not while their parents don't give a shit about what their kids are up to, as long as they're out the way while they watch "I'm A Celebrity" or Coronation Street on the telly.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mayfield

The parents don't give a shit because there to busy watching their 80 inch T.V. Cracking the top of a can, lighting up a ciggy and counting their benefits 

Wba_lad

Did a 29 get a window smashed last night does anyone know as I noticed they went on diversion or is this just a diversion they are doing like Chaserider was on the 19 to prevent the windows from getting broken.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk