News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service 29 vandalism and anti-social behaviour affecting Walsall buses

Started by I love Walsall buses, October 25, 2021, 07:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

Quote from: Wba_lad on November 25, 2023, 07:11:40 PMBoth vehicles on the 19 tonight 505 and 506 have had windows smashed, so new diversion when it's dark is they will follow the 31/32 route from Walsall to bloxwich, which I think is the best option or stop running the 19 earlier. This has now left Chaserider with 2 less euro 6 buses untill they get repaired. 64, 505, 506, 630 and 632 all off the road at the moment.

Shared across from the Chaserider thread 

I am unsure as yet whether following the 31/32 route will be permanent going forward personally I hope so, I am led to believe that Chaserider are having a meeting with TfWM on Monday to discuss the future/route of the 19, I'm hoping Chaserider decide to pull the plug as I stated before on the Chaserider thread something needs to happen before either a passenger or driver gets seriously injured and or assaulted, so if they do pull off the route it can't come soon enough! 

Wba_lad

Quote from: Westy on November 23, 2023, 10:35:39 PMMust admit wasn't aware of Abbotts Street, as coverage was either Blakenall shops or Ryecroft!
They was standing on the grass patch on the junction of Abbotts street and Benton crescent was daylight they was kids no older than 11 or 12 and they honestly had no care in the world, it really is disgusting how they at that age think that is acceptable, I would never dream of waking up and thinking how many cars/ buses or even police vans can we smash up today. 

Westy

Having a chat with the one sis in law earlier, as her own sister lives in Ryecroft area, & taxis are frightened to go down there as well, after a certain time!

Westy

According to Bustimes, 19 diversion now kicked in.

It'll be interesting to see if the 29 is affected later.

Stu

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 25, 2023, 09:38:51 PMShared across from the Chaserider thread

I am unsure as yet whether following the 31/32 route will be permanent going forward personally I hope so, I am led to believe that Chaserider are having a meeting with TfWM on Monday to discuss the future/route of the 19, I'm hoping Chaserider decide to pull the plug as I stated before on the Chaserider thread something needs to happen before either a passenger or driver gets seriously injured and or assaulted, so if they do pull off the route it can't come soon enough!
"Pulling the plug" doesn't solve the issue though.

Hopefully the outcome of the meeting will be that TfWM start to put pressure on Walsall Police and the Police & Crime Commissioner to actually 'do something' to deal with these troublesome youths, because clearly the "tough talk" isn't working.

The police don't need 'dispersal orders' or 'special powers' to get officers on patrol and catching and apprehending these feral scumbags committing these crimes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mayfield

You won't see any police near that area they will be hiding behind their desks, and anyone who says there's no such thing as a no go area get into the real world.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Stu on November 26, 2023, 04:37:01 PM"Pulling the plug" doesn't solve the issue though.

Well it does because it means Chaserider won't have to operate it anymore 

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on November 26, 2023, 04:37:01 PM"Pulling the plug" doesn't solve the issue though.

Hopefully the outcome of the meeting will be that TfWM start to put pressure on Walsall Police and the Police & Crime Commissioner to actually 'do something' to deal with these troublesome youths, because clearly the "tough talk" isn't working.

The police don't need 'dispersal orders' or 'special powers' to get officers on patrol and catching and apprehending these feral scumbags committing these crimes.
TfWM can put as much pressure on police and the PCC all they like, though it's the CPS that aren't taking cases to court as it's highly unlikely that they will secure a conviction.

Before any case goes to court, the Crown Prosecution Service work with police to investigate and gather evidence from the case. Once police have gathered the evidence then the CPS views the file and an assessment is made whether to charge the suspect on two counts:

1. Evidential Test: Is there enough evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction for each suspect for every charge? If there isn't then it will not progress to stage two, regardless of the sensitivity or seriousness of the case.

2. Public Interest Test: Is the prosecution in the public interest, considering the seriousness of the offence, the harm caused to the victim, the impact on communities and the age/maturity of the suspect at the time of the offence.

The problem the police face is evidence - whilst people might know who's committed, or will SEE the offence being committed, witnesses seldom give statements and/or give evidence, so a file can't be prepared and passed to the CPS.

Yes, the area does need more policing, though the issues around Coalpool & Ryecroft are down to parenting and attitudes - if the parents have no respect for the law then their children won't and so on.

Pulling the plug won't solve the issue, though it would force the hand of police, politicians and decision makers if bus operators refuse to operate routes in the area.

@hlliwmai the areas aren't a sh1thole, it's the small minority that live there. I was born, bred and worked around the area for 30 years, yet you don't see me, my family or neighbours causing criminal damage. It's unfair to tar everyone with the same brush.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

hlliwmai

Westy

@Tony Any comment re service 29 from your bosses, as that passes Ryecroft itself?

Rachvince53

Quote from: hlliwmai on November 27, 2023, 11:22:37 AMWell this is a turn up for the books
Walsall Community Transport services 23 & 25 will divert one journey on each service to/from Bloxwich to partly cover the withdrawn afternoon journeys according to TfWM.  This is intended to last until at least the end of the year.

Westy

From West Midlands Police: (via a community Facebook site!)

We've been working with our partners to make improvements to combat anti-social behaviour in the Coalpool area of Walsall.

There has been a number of incidents recently where police cars have been damaged due to rocks and stones being thrown at vehicles. Taxi drivers and members of the public have also reported to us that their vehicles have been damaged by missiles being thrown from Ryecreoft Cemetery, on Coalpool Lane, Coalpool.

We initially implemented a section 35 dispersal order for 48 hours which allowed us to disperse anyone engaging in anti-social behaviour and causing a public nuisance. We also increased the number of officers in the area and made arrests.

Since then, working alongside our partners including Walsall Council, a camera has been installed opposite the cemetery on Coalpool Lane and trees and bushes which was offering a hideout have been cut back. A gate which was being used to gain access to the site has also been secured.

Sergeant Phil Upton, neighbourhood policing supervisor at Walsall LPA, said: "Through excellent partnership work improvements have been made to the area around Ryecroft Cemetery and we hope this will help put an end to the anti-social behaviour which was originating from the cemetery.

"This includes installing a camera, cutting down vegetation at Ryecroft Cemetery and securing a gate. A weapons sweep was also carried out at the cemetery using a metal detector and a small knife was found which will now be destroyed.

"We hope this is an end to the totally unacceptable anti-social behaviour in this area. I would continue to urge parents to help us by finding out where your child is and what they are doing. By working together we can keep on top of this."

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on November 27, 2023, 08:48:09 AMBefore any case goes to court, the Crown Prosecution Service work with police to investigate and gather evidence from the case. Once police have gathered the evidence then the CPS views the file and an assessment is made whether to charge the suspect on two counts:

1. Evidential Test: Is there enough evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction for each suspect for every charge? If there isn't then it will not progress to stage two, regardless of the sensitivity or seriousness of the case.

2. Public Interest Test: Is the prosecution in the public interest, considering the seriousness of the offence, the harm caused to the victim, the impact on communities and the age/maturity of the suspect at the time of the offence.

The problem the police face is evidence - whilst people might know who's committed, or will SEE the offence being committed, witnesses seldom give statements and/or give evidence, so a file can't be prepared and passed to the CPS.

Yes, the area does need more policing, though the issues around Coalpool & Ryecroft are down to parenting and attitudes - if the parents have no respect for the law then their children won't and so on.
Then civilised society is doomed, because too many people are either willing to turn a blind eye and say nothing, or they say nothing 'for fear' of retribution.

It's a societal problem that gets worse with each generation - feral kids grow up into feckless adults, who produce even more feral kids who grow up into more feckless adults... etc etc.
Quote from: Westy on November 27, 2023, 03:49:42 PMSergeant Phil Upton, neighbourhood policing supervisor at Walsall LPA, said: "Through excellent partnership work improvements have been made to the area around Ryecroft Cemetery and we hope this will help put an end to the anti-social behaviour which was originating from the cemetery.

"This includes installing a camera, cutting down vegetation at Ryecroft Cemetery and securing a gate. A weapons sweep was also carried out at the cemetery using a metal detector and a small knife was found which will now be destroyed.

"We hope this is an end to the totally unacceptable anti-social behaviour in this area. I would continue to urge parents to help us by finding out where your child is and what they are doing. By working together we can keep on top of this."
Great, so a new camera and cutting back some bushes is going to solve everything! :laugh:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

@Stu - Are you updating your original website article at some point?

Wba_lad

The police had a 48 hour dispersal order in place after 2 of their own vehicles was damaged, this did nothing yes they was driving around in vans and had a car on a corner for a little bit, but they are in marked cars, they know oh yes that's a police car the police need to use unmarked cars which the kids won't think will be a unmarked police car, while the dispersal order was in place they still smashed a bus they smashed Chaserider bus 1 a police van also actually drove past it and never did a thing they carried on driving didn't see if driver or passengers was okay on board the bus. The dispersal order didn't have any affect on them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk