News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Stu on November 02, 2023, 07:42:52 PMDon't forget the E400MMC Platinums still have a fair few years of life left in them. And equally until a buying decision is made on zero-emission single decks, I could see some of the E200s and Eclipse 2s being moved around to replace other OmniLinks elsewhere.

Coventry has currently 19 B7RLEs and 11 E200s - suggesting the volume of vehicles at CV is probably too high and in any case these will have to be replaced by electric single decks, where required, by 2025. I would have expected AG to receive a few more B7RLEs and the rest to WA to replace Scanias? I wonder where the E200s will go? Possibly YW for the 27? 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: don on November 02, 2023, 11:19:38 PMCoventry has currently 19 B7RLEs and 11 E200s - suggesting the volume of vehicles at CV is probably too high and in any case these will have to be replaced by electric single decks, where required, by 2025. I would have expected AG to receive a few more B7RLEs and the rest to WA to replace Scanias? I wonder where the E200s will go? Possibly YW for the 27?

The number of single decks at CV has reduced since the arrival of the EVs, however it could be argued that they still have more single decks than they 'need' (for the 20B route).

I imagine they would still want to keep a number there for the 20B and for routes that wouldn't require the capacity of a double-deck though. I suppose it is possible that as well as single-deck EVs, CV might also get a few more doubles if further 'balancing' is required.

Regarding the 27, that's an interesting one in itself. Yes, I could see some E200s making their way to YW for a few years, I think Tony said elsewhere that after this weekend, YW would only 'need' 5 or 6 single decks to operate that route in its shortened form.

However looking further down the line, as I have commented here already, there aren't any single-deck EVs that are less than 3m in height, so by 2030 - when NX aims to have a 100% zero emission fleet - the 27 isn't going to be able to serve Bournville Lane anyway, so if it is rerouted around that very low bridge, then they may as well use double decks, then YW doesn't 'need' any single deck vehicles at all.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

QuoteThe number of single decks at CV has reduced since the arrival of the EVs, however it could be argued that they still have more single decks than they 'need' (for the 20B route).

I imagine they would still want to keep a number there for the 20B and for routes that wouldn't require the capacity of a double-deck though. I suppose it is possible that as well as single-deck EVs, CV might also get a few more doubles if further 'balancing' is required.

Regarding the 27, that's an interesting one in itself. Yes, I could see some E200s making their way to YW for a few years, I think Tony said elsewhere that after this weekend, YW would only 'need' 5 or 6 single decks to operate that route in its shortened form.

However looking further down the line, as I have commented here already, there aren't any single-deck EVs that are less than 3m in height, so by 2030 - when NX aims to have a 100% zero emission fleet - the 27 isn't going to be able to serve Bournville Lane anyway, so if it is rerouted around that very low bridge, then they may as well use double decks, then YW doesn't 'need' any single deck vehicles at all.
25 also can't have the double decks, I'm pretty sure the rest can ( 2,2A,85,85B )
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Tony

LG73 FTT will be one of the registrations of the next batch

Stu

Quote from: Tony on November 04, 2023, 05:02:34 PMLG73 FTT will be one of the registrations of the next batch

I don't suppose you're in any position yet to reveal which garage is going to receive these? :smiley:
My locals:

Justin Tyme

Quote from: BBS on November 04, 2023, 11:55:24 AM25 also can't have the double decks, I'm pretty sure the rest can ( 2,2A,85,85B )

Yes - electric double decks do run on the 85 through to and from Rugby on schooldays, and one has occasionally run on the 85B.

Tony

Booked registrations for the next 30 electrics are now on the main site.
E001 upwards (wmbusphotos.com)

Although these are 'booked' none have actually be registered yet so it's possible any deliveries delayed will be changed.

Tony

E164 has been delivered today

Stu

Quote from: Tony on November 13, 2023, 12:18:06 PME164 has been delivered today
Before anyone starts getting excited, I assume these will initially be delivered to BC to have equipment installed etc?
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on November 13, 2023, 07:36:38 PMBefore anyone starts getting excited, I assume these will initially be delivered to BC to have equipment installed etc?
Yes, and then parked at various sites until they can be used

Tony

All details up to E243 now on the main site ( and will be on buslists on the web soon as well)

Tony

Z4002/3/4/5 have all left BC to Roberts Yard in Hugglescote
E004 has now left YW

Wumpty

@Tony are NX monitoring battery hours as well as vehicle mileage to see if the two are being maximised?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on November 15, 2023, 09:10:11 AM@Tony are NX monitoring battery hours as well as vehicle mileage to see if the two are being maximised?
Yes, the buses all have kit on that shows all the details automatically

windy miller

Quote from: Stu on November 04, 2023, 06:48:10 PMI don't suppose you're in any position yet to reveal which garage is going to receive these? :smiley:
May I ask the same question.. E buses  from 164 and above ?  is there ever a chance WB might get a new fleet one day..... They used to be permanent bridesmaids with loads
 of hand me downs back in the 80-90's
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk