News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Yasir6711 on October 16, 2023, 07:13:03 PMA raincolor is no problem for bus and is wrong. I believe l in time of emergency soseverybody should help know
Would you also support a bus in Israeli colours in support of them after the attack last week?

I wouldn't want a vehicle in support of either as it is very divisive and has nothing to do with any UK bus company

Ronnoc

Wouldn't the pride bus be quite controvertial as well considering many people support/oppose its cause? I understand that pretty much every other major bus company has a rainbow-themed vehicle, but does it really necessitate painting a vehicle in the rainbow colours?

Not an opinion, just a genuine question.

Yasir6711

Quote from: Ronnoc on October 16, 2023, 07:39:40 PMWouldn't the pride bus be quite controvertial as well considering many people support/oppose its cause? I understand that pretty much every other major bus company has a rainbow-themed vehicle, but does it really necessitate painting a vehicle in the rainbow colours?

Not an opinion, just a genuine question.
Yes very wrong and against our beliefs. Sometimes I see it on 97 and it hurts my heart knowing war is happening 💔rainbow is much more damaging to public 

winston

Quote from: Yasir6711 on October 16, 2023, 07:56:07 PMYes very wrong and against our beliefs. Sometimes I see it on 97 and it hurts my heart knowing war is happening 💔rainbow is much more damaging to public
@Yasir6711 - Can we please get back on the topic of buses, as the forum is intended for, thanks, Winston. 

Yasir6711

Quote from: winston on October 16, 2023, 08:16:02 PM@Yasir6711 - Can we please get back on the topic of buses, as the forum is intended for, thanks, Winston.
I don't want to offend you I will now stop 

Quote from: Yasir6711 on October 16, 2023, 06:59:10 PMsome buses can be painted for supporting Palestine also inform for donate money it is for a good project  multi color bus isn't problem why nit
Never going to happen in a million years, where would you draw the line, big can of worms, a very slippery path. Plenty of other  avenues for such things

My take on the rainbow bus is that its represents social inclusiveness  every one is free to express themselves, its against all all forms of ism's, plus its not political, that rainbow bus has encouraged folks to become  bus drivers  because NX  is an equal opportunity employer. 

Dababa015

So apparently on bus times 2170 has gone for repaint, Where's the evidence?

Tony

Quote from: Dababa015 on October 17, 2023, 06:14:30 PMSo apparently on bus times 2170 has gone for repaint, Where's the evidence?
I drove it to Walsall this afternoon, see attached tracking screenshot!

cris 99

You don't need evidence if the user is 1503 then that is Tony Hunter himself
17//72/73/97/X12

Dababa015

Wumpty

I saw 2164 at WN on Saturday and it had extensive refurbishment to the lower panels - looks like it's getting the works!

Never ceases to amaze me the levels of detail and work that goes into a bus refurb - other operators would be happy just to paint over and be done with!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on October 18, 2023, 08:10:43 AMI saw 2164 at WN on Saturday and it had extensive refurbishment to the lower panels - looks like it's getting the works!

Never ceases to amaze me the levels of detail and work that goes into a bus refurb - other operators would be happy just to paint over and be done with!
New seats should be finished at Trimshop today, then it can get it's coat of Grey and go back to Coventry

Celestial Toymaker

Ra
Quote from: Tony on October 16, 2023, 07:24:46 PMWould you also support a bus in Israeli colours in support of them after the attack last week?

I wouldn't want a vehicle in support of either as it is very divisive and has nothing to do with any UK bus comp
Rainbow Bus is fine, i see no problem with that but, 
The Middle East War NO
i agree it should be left alone, its one of the guidelines that in Radio you do not express opinions on such things Politics is another, so on this occasion i cant fault NXWM for ignoring such things
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Yasir6711

That's fery closed mindid 
Quote from: 2900 on October 17, 2023, 03:26:25 PMNever going to happen in a million years, where would you draw the line, big can of worms, a very slippery path. Plenty of other  avenues for such things

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk