News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

If you could bring back any old route what would it be and why?

Started by hlliwmai, October 09, 2023, 12:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hlliwmai

I was a little bored and intrigued so I thought I would start a new thread I want peoples opinions on old routes I will start so mine (and I have quite a few in my head), would be the old Arriva 825 Lichfield to Stafford via Rugeley and I'm talking about the original way it used to go before it later got changed and re-routed so that is my first one.

Then my second amongst many others would probably have to be the old 53 West Bromwich to Merry Hill via here, there and everywhere (literally) which I'm pretty sure was very nearly 2 hours (someone quote me if I'm incorrect), I can't exactly remember the route it took but what I can remember is that it took absolutely forever to get to Merry Hill.

And my final one for now would have to be the 208 Dudley to Merry Hill another route that used to take forever to get from one end to the other I think I still remember the route although I am very sketchy on it these days.

So there's my few what were your favourite old routes that you wish could come back either in full or even partially?

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

X20 Stratford - all the way to birmingham again. Would help me in so many days and i would probably ride the bus to work. Now it goes only to solihull though and i would have to change buses. 

PS: also make johnsons excelbus run it again.

hlliwmai

Quote from: MX05WHR-Enjoyer on October 09, 2023, 04:21:12 PMX20 Stratford - all the way to birmingham again. Would help me in so many days and i would probably ride the bus to work. Now it goes only to solihull though and i would have to change buses.

PS: also make johnsons excelbus run it again.

ahh yes that's a good one

Gareth

It's probably not financially viable these days and I'm not sure how it would cope with some of the parking on roads served, but the 26 City to Bromford Bridge was a handy little route back in the day.

Rachvince53

966 Wolverhampton  to Birmingham Airport. I would make it fully limited stop as it was originally and perhaps extend it to Solihull replacing the X12 which could be extended to Coventry alongside the X1 instead. However given the traffic issues would timekeeping and reliability suffer?

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on October 09, 2023, 06:36:00 PM966 Wolverhampton  to Birmingham Airport. I would make it fully limited stop as it was originally and perhaps extend it to Solihull replacing the X12 which could be extended to Coventry alongside the X1 instead. However given the traffic issues would timekeeping and reliability suffer?
Never fully limited stop, It was always all stops between Walsall & Mere Green

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2023, 06:48:18 PMNever fully limited stop, It was always all stops between Walsall & Mere Green

What would yours be @Tony? You can choose any route you like, another one I would like to bring back is the Wolverhampton X7 I miss that route 

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on October 09, 2023, 09:57:31 PMWhat would yours be @Tony? You can choose any route you like, another one I would like to bring back is the Wolverhampton X7 I miss that route
I'm happy for this thread to continue, but almost every suggested route would be complete unviable. Any suggestions I do have go to our commercial team, not on here

Jack

The 46 (West Brom to Scott Arms) shouldn't have gone to start with, was always carrying people and now Great Barr and Hamstead have to deal with the mess that is the 16/16A. The 46 was very good at keeping to time as well, loads of frustrated people here are still not happy with the new service.

I'd love for the old 54 (Birmingham to Kingshurst) to come back purely as a nostalgia for me as I caught it a lot and always enjoyed the terminus as a very nice place to wait for a bus as a child. Also to have the 55 be the 55 as it always has been, not the '95'. Also note Washwood Heath Road used to have more than 2 services struggling along it and it flowed a lot easier with there being more services.

Quote from: Jack on October 09, 2023, 11:11:28 PMI'd love for the old 54 (Birmingham to Kingshurst) to come back purely as a nostalgia for me as I caught it a lot and always enjoyed the terminus as a very nice place to wait for a bus as a child. Also to have the 55 be the 55 as it always has been, not the '95'. Also note Washwood Heath Road used to have more than 2 services struggling along it and it flowed a lot easier with there being more services.
I find the 94/95 to be fairly frequent and reliable using it most days. Normally bad traffic and roadworks that cause delays. I found both the 19:15 and 19:22 (which I use regularly) arrived in the City on time today.
Don't think it needs "more services" along there though.

The 54 was replaced by an increased frequency on the main 55 service many years ago now. And i'm sure the main 55 service was altered to incorporate parts of the 54 Yorks Wood. With the rest covered by what is now the A9.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

hlliwmai

Quote from: Tony on October 09, 2023, 10:15:05 PMI'm happy for this thread to continue, but almost every suggested route would be complete unviable. Any suggestions I do have go to our commercial team, not on here

What was the reason for the cancellation of the X7 a few years ago, as everytime I used to travel on it, there was always fairly good loadings on it 

Jack

Quote from: hlliwmai on October 09, 2023, 11:31:34 PMWhat was the reason for the cancellation of the X7 a few years ago, as everytime I used to travel on it, there was always fairly good loadings on it

No it wasn't, it was near enough empty between Birmingham and Dudley. Poor publicity was the reason in my opinion which was a shame it could have worked.

Lukeee

I know it's unviable but I would love to see the 68A/C North Birmingham circular come back

Owen

Ronnoc

The 3/3A serving Acocks Green was very weird, but I'd love to see it back (viable or not lol).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk