News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Your opinion on liveries…

Started by Owen, October 04, 2023, 11:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose the better 3/6...

White & red
Crimson
White & blue
Blueson (cov' sky blue)
Grey (1st edition)
Grey (2nd edition)

Owen

Which top 3, are the best out of a bad bunch?  (last 20' ish years, give or take) 

Sh4318

The best livery, for me, is the one applied to the platinum/hydrogen/electric buses. On a side note, the early platinum branding is elite, high quality and very distinctive
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Owen

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 05, 2023, 01:19:38 AMThe best livery, for me, is the one applied to the platinum/hydrogen/electric buses. On a side note, the early platinum branding is elite, high quality and very distinctive
Fair enough. Yes the early one is more classy. 

Lukeee

Personally I would vote toothpaste livery (I know its not on there but it was the best IMO). 

Out of the options provided I would vote crimson personally, not a fan of the grey liveries.

karl724223

Owen

Well out of the 6 to choose. it's clear people prefer the 2015-2021 liveries, just a close one between red, grey and blue. Which is a hard one, but the design is very favourable. Grey then, blue I'd have to say I prefer. 

TGZac

Crimson, blue+white and blueson. The grey is boring in my opinion.

Danthebusman

Quote from: Zaccy on October 06, 2023, 04:49:17 PMCrimson, blue+white and blueson. The grey is boring in my opinion.
I agree, I voted the exact same.

Stu

Crimson/Blueson and red/white blue/white are just variations on a theme, so I'm not sure why those would be considered seperate liveries.

While grey might be considered 'dull' or 'boring', there's at least a chance of finally having some consistency in the next couple of years.

I've mentioned before how some of the recent repaints into the grey livery look quite smart, and I still believe they do, and hopefully they will stay that way for some time.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

joieman

I prefer the Travel West Midlands/Coventry livery  :cheesy: I find some liveries introduced during the 90s/2000s to be quite to my taste: simple, yet effective.

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

I know it is not on here, but i have always liked the diamond 2 tone blue "a new brighter diamond" livery. It has got the job done but has also been stylish.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Stu on October 06, 2023, 06:03:45 PMCrimson/Blueson and red/white blue/white are just variations on a theme, so I'm not sure why those would be considered seperate liveries.

While grey might be considered 'dull' or 'boring', there's at least a chance of finally having some consistency in the next couple of years.

I've mentioned before how some of the recent repaints into the grey livery look quite smart, and I still believe they do, and hopefully they will stay that way for some time.

I agree, the grey looks to be more hard wearing, The original platinums (6701-6758) are still looking good and they are around 8 years old

Danthebusman

Quote from: Steve3229vp on October 07, 2023, 08:59:36 AMI agree, the grey looks to be more hard wearing, The original platinums (6701-6758) are still looking good and they are around 8 years old
Does that mean there's a more strategic approach to this, as in it appears to be more cost-effective with the grey being hard wearing, thus saving money with repaints, refurbs etc., even if it doesn't look as good as some previous liveries do like the Blueson, Crimson etc.

spacecowboy150

I like the blue and white livery a lot as it is easy on the eyes and it is easy to make branding look good on them. plus on hot days they wont attract as much heat

Lukeee

Quote from: MX05WHR-Enjoyer on October 06, 2023, 10:52:56 PMI know it is not on here, but i have always liked the diamond 2 tone blue "a new brighter diamond" livery. It has got the job done but has also been stylish.
Current diamond livery is much better than any current NX livery 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk