News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

Quote from: winston on September 27, 2023, 02:34:26 PMIt's allover grey (the same shade):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/126644399@N06/53182310337
The latest two-tone grey diagonal livery is bad enough, but this single colour version plumbs new depths.

I do wonder who in their right mind thought these designs and colour(s) were a good idea. 

Owen

Honestly seeing the 'blueson' livery in Birmingham with the influx of transfers recently... It looks to me to be the best livery out of a bad bunch. Seeing them come back out of paint in this new grey livery is like a backwards step.

If they would have made blue the new livery widespread in 2015 'Birmingham blue' it would have looked quite unique rather than an adaptation of the London red. Plus with arriva operating just outside of Birmingham, and diamond, both in blue however different livery's... might of made blue quite an established thing getting on a bus in 'brum'

Crimson is great too, don't get me wrong! There's lots worse lol.

Just my humble opinion.

Wumpty

Quote from: Owen on September 27, 2023, 11:59:39 PMHonestly seeing the 'blueson' livery in Birmingham with the influx of transfers recently... It looks to me to be the best livery out of a bad bunch. Seeing them come back out of paint in this new grey livery is like a backwards step.

If they would have made blue the new livery widespread in 2015 'Birmingham blue' it would have looked quite unique rather than an adaptation of the London red. Plus with arriva operating just outside of Birmingham, and diamond, both in blue however different livery's... might of made blue quite an established thing getting on a bus in 'brum'

Crimson is great too, don't get me wrong! There's lots worse lol.

Just my humble opinion.
The following blog from 2017 addresses the very divisive subject of liveries that addressed the colours, identity and the practicalities for engineers that liveries had to be mindful  of:

Crimson Tide (National Express West Midlands visual identity 2015- ) – The Beauty of Transport

Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Quote from: Wumpty on September 28, 2023, 08:28:14 AMThe following blog from 2017 addresses the very divisive subject of liveries that addressed the colours, identity and the practicalities for engineers that liveries had to be mindful  of:

Crimson Tide (National Express West Midlands visual identity 2015- ) – The Beauty of Transport

well worth reading that, great insight into the thought process of rebranding 

Owen

Quote from: 2900 on September 28, 2023, 09:40:52 AMwell worth reading that, great insight into the thought process of rebranding
I acknowledge that. Seems blue and cream was a grand livery. With me I think it's more the stripe I don't like, however on the new delivery's the livery you can tell is sort of dissimilar to the repaints. The white/blue fine line vinyl helps, the back roof top also sorts of breaks it up a bit.
If that's any consolation

Wumpty

Quote from: Owen on September 28, 2023, 01:25:33 PMI acknowledge that. Seems blue and cream was a grand livery. With me I think it's more the stripe I don't like, however on the new delivery's the livery you can tell is sort of dissimilar to the repaints. The white/blue fine line vinyl helps, the back roof top also sorts of breaks it up a bit.
If that's any consolation

Looking at the aesthetics and the practicality of the new grey livery, I personally don't like it.

An all grey (be it two tine or single colour) will always look very dull, especially as dark nights are approaching. Couple that with very sparse red relief which doesn't really break up the sides and the orange LED blinds which dont appear as clear, it's not a very inspiring livery.

From a practical angle, it's ideal for replacing large panels and touch ups as there's no great lining or other relief to worry about. It also dilutes the Platinum brand too as everything is now going to be grey.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Owen

Quote from: Wumpty on September 29, 2023, 09:30:22 AMLooking at the aesthetics and the practicality of the new grey livery, I personally don't like it.

An all grey (be it two tine or single colour) will always look very dull, especially as dark nights are approaching. Couple that with very sparse red relief which doesn't really break up the sides and the orange LED blinds which dont appear as clear, it's not a very inspiring livery.

From a practical angle, it's ideal for replacing large panels and touch ups as there's no great lining or other relief to worry about. It also dilutes the Platinum brand too as everything is now going to be grey.
I agree with everything said here. 

It just would have been nice if non- platinum vehicles kept to the crimson/ blueson, would have an earlier uniformed e400 fleet, and uniformed diesel platinum fleet (the better grey). At least till the time it became withdrawal. Then for this latest one to takeover till it changed again. 

I don't see the problem with keeping old livery's if they are clean, and uniform with their vehicle type. Especially considering in a few years they'll need to go early due to electric- only. 

Tony

2167 back at AG, 2172 will be next in

Yasir6711

some buses can be painted for supporting Palestine also inform for donate money it is for a good project  multi color bus isn't problem why nit 

Ronnoc

Quote from: Yasir6711 on October 16, 2023, 06:59:10 PMsome buses can be painted for supporting Palestine also inform for donate money it is for a good project  multi color bus isn't problem why nit
At most, an advertisement would be enough. Anyway I wouldn't think NXWM would want to involve themselves in any way to a controvertial subject.

Tony

Quote from: Yasir6711 on October 16, 2023, 06:59:10 PMsome buses can be painted for supporting Palestine also inform for donate money it is for a good project  multi color bus isn't problem why nit
Why would a bus company want to upset people by getting involved in anything political that doesn't involve buses

Yasir6711

A raincolor is no problem for bus and is wrong. I believe l in time of emergency soseverybody should help know

Stu

In my opinion it would be completely inappropriate. Buses are for transporting people around, not spreading divisive geopolitical propaganda.

There are other places where people are welcome to discuss such issues but this forum is not one of them.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Yasir6711

Thanks I think some people can help I do not want be dismissed 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk