News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 26, 2023, 01:15:55 PMOr extended to Wolvo (with the Limited stop section on the Hagley Rd) and renumbered X8A...
That's terrible 😂
Maybe X7 better

Squiz1971

There was an X7 when the X8 was introduced as one went the same way as the 126 did before being curtailed to Dudley only and the other went along the 87 route into Birmingham. Can't remember when it was withdrawn though

Owen

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 26, 2023, 02:36:45 PMThere was an X7 when the X8 was introduced as one went the same way as the 126 did before being curtailed to Dudley only and the other went along the 87 route into Birmingham. Can't remember when it was withdrawn though
I know of it. But it's been gone sometime. Think about 4 years? 

Jack

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 26, 2023, 02:36:45 PMThere was an X7 when the X8 was introduced as one went the same way as the 126 did before being curtailed to Dudley only and the other went along the 87 route into Birmingham. Can't remember when it was withdrawn though
June 2019 the X7 went, shame it could have worked if the publicity was better.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Jack on August 26, 2023, 02:55:18 PMJune 2019 the X7 went, shame it could have worked if the publicity was better.
and if the timings were better, when I did the X7 it arrived into every timing point really early.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Rachvince53

Quote from: GoldenSquid on August 26, 2023, 08:41:50 PMand if the timings were better, when I did the X7 it arrived into every timing point really early.
Yes, I did it once and the timings weren't great I agree. It should have been given longer to establish a customer base which would then have helped with reducing waiting times.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 27, 2023, 09:14:55 AMYes, I did it once and the timings weren't great I agree. It should have been given longer to establish a customer base which would then have helped with reducing waiting times.
What could be a good idea is if the new Cross city service terminated at Oldbury instead of Dudley, then there could be a X87 running as 87 from Dudley to Oldbury then run similar to the old X7 to Birmingham 

Owen

curtailing the 126 to Dudley to make the 140 extend to Wolverhampton (rest of 126). Made no sense doing that. The 126 had platinum Mmc then standard Mmc. Now ex cov e400s 

Owen

I really think a combination of the X5 and 110 would work well...

Whole X5 route from brum to slade road > weeford road > Tamworth road... rest of 110 to Tamworth

Litchfeild to Sutton on 3/X3
Tamworth to Sutton on X5

The falcon lodge bit of the x4 integrated into another existing Sutton route, good call could be as an X14a.

Jack

Quote from: Owen on September 11, 2023, 07:56:58 PMI really think a combination of the X5 and 110 would work well...

Whole X5 route from brum to slade road > weeford road > Tamworth road... rest of 110 to Tamworth

Tamworth to Sutton on X5

The falcon lodge bit of the x4 integrated into another existing Sutton route, good call could be as an X14a.
What's wrong with the current 110?

Nothing wrong with the X4 and X14 either, the X4 used to go to Minworth until 2 years ago...

Owen

Quote from: Jack on September 12, 2023, 09:05:58 PMWhat's wrong with the current 110?

Nothing wrong with the X4 and X14 either, the X4 used to go to Minworth until 2 years ago...
This is a constructive thread where people voice their personal opinions, and ideas, that we think could be improved. 9/10 - not at all likely to happen (just ideas). I think people would prefer you to keep your disagreements in more factual threads, since your not at all constructive.

Anyway, I wasn't saying any of these services were bad. I had an idea that these services could have some possible "improvements" (IMO) that some people might like.

Dutsey

Quote from: Owen on September 11, 2023, 07:56:58 PMI really think a combination of the X5 and 110 would work well...

Tamworth to Sutton on X5

Would this be as well as the existing 110 service? So both the X5 and 110 competing? 
The problem would be the bridge at Canwell maybe?

EK40

Tamworth to Sutton on X5

Youd leave a good amount of whitehouse common without a frequent and direct bus service by changing the 110 that way

Owen

Quote from: Dutsey on September 13, 2023, 10:01:52 AMWould this be as well as the existing 110 service? So both the X5 and 110 competing?
The problem would be the bridge at Canwell maybe?
More like an nx takeover, I think the X5 does well. And the 110 always has done. The X3 and X5 offering destinations to Lichfield and Tamworth would be great as people wouldn't have to pay for an arriva ticket and would offer a few more stops before hitting Sutton. Could probably interwork together great. The only problem that could occur... im thinking could be over hanging trees on weeford road.

When I thought about this my after thought was that the X4 would be left out, with not much choice of routing to any well connected outer city destination. So with these two 'proposed' services the only difference the X4 would offer is falcon lodge crescent, fairfax road, and Reddicap Heath road. Which could become part of existing Sutton services. Probably better an X14a variant with a minor increase to work between the two, or rerouted X15 offering a lot more coverage and links. As the X15 has a lot in common with 77/A anyway so could be a good way of rerouting to link brim/Erdington/Walmley/ falcon/ Sutton in a different fashion to the X4. Kind of making it a faster alternative to some destinations. Something a bit different that could work perhaps.

Tony

Quote from: Owen on September 13, 2023, 05:19:32 PMMore like an nx takeover, I think the X5 does well. And the 110 always has done. The X3 and X5 offering destinations to Lichfield and Tamworth would be great as people wouldn't have to pay for an arriva ticket and would offer a few more stops before hitting Sutton. Could probably interwork together great. The only problem that could occur... im thinking could be over hanging trees on weeford road.

When I thought about this my after thought was that the X4 would be left out, with not much choice of an outer city destination. So with these two 'proposed' services the only difference the X4 would offer is falcon lodge crescent, fairfax road, and Reddicap Heath road. Which could become part of an a lot of existing Sutton services. Probably better an X14a or rerouted X15 offering a lot more coverage and links. As the X15 has a lot in common with 77/A anyway.
Arriva prices are for a reason, they're what's needed to even stand a chance of breaking even 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk