News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenSquid

Quote from: markcf83 on August 21, 2023, 03:25:11 PMOthers have mentioned it-possibly Tony at least-that they need to be refueled during the day.
Yeah, I noticed them going to Tysley in the middle of there run. But a week or 2 ago there was 10-15 out each day and now it's back down to 4-6
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Tony

Quote from: GoldenSquid on August 21, 2023, 05:27:43 PMYeah, I noticed them going to Tysley in the middle of there run. But a week or 2 ago there was 10-15 out each day and now it's back down to 4-6
There's 9 out!
It was just one of those days when over the weekend a couple of defects showed up and the Wrights engineer based at Walsall doesn't do weekends so they weren't available this morning

PB50

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2023, 05:56:09 PMThere's 9 out!
It was just one of those days when over the weekend a couple of defects showed up and the Wrights engineer based at Walsall doesn't do weekends so they weren't available this morning
Oh that's why there was none out yesterday then.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2023, 05:56:09 PMThere's 9 out!
Oh okay, that's good. I thought there was an issue with the hydrogen refuelling.
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

PB50

I take it there's been problems on the 51 route today as majority of hydrogen buses haven't tracked since early morning and this afternoon around 2.30 there was 5 sitting in town.

markcf83

Quote from: PB50 on September 08, 2023, 02:45:16 PMI take it there's been problems on the 51 route today as majority of hydrogen buses haven't tracked since early morning and this afternoon around 2.30 there was 5 sitting in town.
Slightly related but otherwise not so,most of the Hydrogen buses in London used by Metroline weren't out yesterday. I haven't looked today as yet but would imagine it's still the case. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: markcf83 on September 08, 2023, 03:37:10 PMSlightly related but otherwise not so,most of the Hydrogen buses in London used by Metroline weren't out yesterday. I haven't looked today as yet but would imagine it's still the case.
Could the heat be playing havoc with them 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on September 08, 2023, 03:50:41 PMCould the heat be playing havoc with them
No, It was a problem at the fuelling station

PB50

Quote from: Tony on September 08, 2023, 04:06:54 PMNo, It was a problem at the fuelling station
Yes thought that might be the reason. Not good for passengers though when this happens.

Mayfield

The hydrogen experiment would be better if it curtailed now, it been an absolute joke, can't all be available all at once, who in the right mind would have all these assets and be able to only use half of them, fuelling is a also a joke, they are fast approaching 3 years old and I would love to see an availability for service/not available analysis 

Gareth

It seems to be one after another with these.
Not enough drivers type trained
fuelling station not ready
Sent back to manufacturer for fault to be corrected
Not enough staff to refuel at Walsall 
Fuel too expensive
Overhanging trees
Problems at the fuelling station.

What will the next excuse be?

NX and the other partners involved must be really frustrated at what a lemon of a 'product' they've tried to introduce. A shame as they do seem like nice vehicles. When they run.

Mayfield

The PVR could also be reduced if these were disposed of, but I guess nobody would want them anyway.

Stevo

I wonder if they said the same about petrol buses when they first appeared in the 1900s. 'Nothing but problems - they should bring back the horses!' But the hydrogen fuel cell vehices are insanely expensive, though owned by Birmingham City Council. I hope the problems are worked through.

Westy

Quote from: Stevo on September 09, 2023, 08:07:08 AMI wonder if they said the same about petrol buses when they first appeared in the 1900s. 'Nothing but problems - they should bring back the horses!' But the hydrogen fuel cell vehices are insanely expensive, though owned by Birmingham City Council. I hope the problems are worked through.
Hmmm.

'Owned by Birmingham City Council'

Considering this week's events, I wonder?

Jack

The hydrogens are lovely to ride, like the Electrics they are the smoothest ride as a passenger.

Only downfall if the crap seating downstairs, the 51 passengers are used to them, but whenever I've caught them on the 997 passengers moan about them...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk