News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

4983 now back at WN in grey
2212 also ready for AG to collect

Wumpty

Quote from: Tony on August 30, 2023, 03:15:09 PM4983 now back at WN in grey
2212 also ready for AG to collect
Chuffin' Nora @Tony , they're rattling through these deckers at a great rate!

What's the average turnaround time for deckers from receipt to ready-for-service, assuming no major issues?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Owen

What's happening with 4763 I'm sure it returned to WB. Hasn't been in service anyway.

Jack

Quote from: Owen on August 30, 2023, 08:33:47 PMWhat's happening with 4763 I'm sure it returned to WB. Hasn't been in service anyway.
Been having work on its power steering I heard.

markcf83

Quote from: Wumpty on August 30, 2023, 08:13:31 PMChuffin' Nora @Tony , they're rattling through these deckers at a great rate!

What's the average turnaround time for deckers from receipt to ready-for-service, assuming no major issues?
I think about a month. Tony can confirm exactly how long.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Owen

When the platinums get the new livery will they still have 'platinum' under nx branding? 

winston

Quote from: Owen on September 02, 2023, 11:38:26 PMWhen the platinums get the new livery will they still have 'platinum' under nx branding?
It's going to be a good while before any Platinum's are going to be repainted. 

EK40

Quote from: Owen on September 02, 2023, 11:38:26 PMWhen the platinums get the new livery will they still have 'platinum' under nx branding?
dont see why they wouldnt considering how platinum is quite an established thing now; even know people who refuse to get on a non platinum bus lol

Owen

Quote from: winston on September 03, 2023, 12:50:46 AMIt's going to be a good while before any Platinum's are going to be repainted.
Well there's a few 2013-14 e400s that have never had a refurb. But 2015^ platinums haven't either.

The crimson repaints have had newer refurbs so older 15/66 reg mmc should be ahead of the queue. 

Pov of a passenger ~ would preferably have the longest neglected treated/refurbed = seats won't be as dirty/ rotton for people. 

(The back seats lower saloon on 4979 are abominable an need to go)

Gareth

Quote from: EK40 on September 03, 2023, 03:15:09 AMdont see why they wouldnt considering how platinum is quite an established thing now; even know people who refuse to get on a non platinum bus lol
With the current service, you get on any bus that shows up! No one is refusing to get on a none platinum bus

Owen

Quote from: Gareth on September 03, 2023, 11:25:34 AMWith the current service, you get on any bus that shows up! No one is refusing to get on a none platinum bus
I don't think so either, although at five ways I've seen people have a 12 pull up and wait for a platinum 9 behind for example.  

winston

Quote from: Owen on September 03, 2023, 04:13:20 PMI don't think so either, although at five ways I've seen people have a 12 pull up and wait for a platinum 9 behind for example. 
The fact they go to two different destinations, could that not be the reason why?

Owen

Quote from: winston on September 04, 2023, 12:09:56 AMThe fact they go to two different destinations, could that not be the reason why?

So the 9 and 12 don't go into the city centre via the same route from five ways? broad street? Colmore row? 

Bearing in mind we are talking about people waiting for their bus, choosing to not get in a non-platinum. No one with a destination to Dudley is going to get a 9 to stourbridge 

Lukeee

Quote from: Owen on September 03, 2023, 04:13:20 PMI don't think so either, although at five ways I've seen people have a 12 pull up and wait for a platinum 9 behind for example. 
Is the 12 single decker operated? Some people will choose to avoid single decks if they can see a DD behind 

Sh4318

Quote from: Lukeee on September 04, 2023, 03:39:47 AMIs the 12 single decker operated? Some people will choose to avoid single decks if they can see a DD behind
Single and double. Omnilinks, Geminis and Enviros
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk