News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Let's hope the driver recovers and the passengers and anyone else involved are OK 

18WilliamsLi

Apparently 4767 had gone into a tram on broad street

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on August 12, 2023, 02:55:53 PMApparently 4767 had gone into a tram on broad street
Just saw a photo on twitter of it on Broad Street, unsure if I'm allowed to post it on here or not? 
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on August 12, 2023, 02:55:53 PMApparently 4767 had gone into a tram on broad street
No tram involved according to WMM.
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Tony

It has had an RTC, but not with a tram

18WilliamsLi

karl724223

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: karl724223 on August 12, 2023, 06:02:10 PMThe traffic lights were killed
Oh god any idea how that happened anyone injured 

WalsallBuses2007

Just watched 2077 smack the left side mirror of its bus on the 69 as it pulled onto stand P in Walsall 

WalsallBuses2007

QuoteJust watched 2077 smack the left side mirror of its bus on the 69 as it pulled onto stand P in Walsall
Haven't had time to post completely forgot but the driver got off his bus fitted the mirror back on the bus and carried on with its 69E to wood end astonished me that he carried on I mean the mirror completely fell off I would've thought this shouldn't have happened and driver should of not moved

j789

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on August 22, 2023, 03:12:56 AMHaven't had time to post completely forgot but the driver got off his bus fitted the mirror back on the bus and carried on with its 69E to wood end astonished me that he carried on I mean the mirror completely fell off I would've thought this shouldn't have happened and driver should of not moved
A number of vehicle types have mirrors that just slot on so as long as the mirror wasn't broken there is no issue. Likewise, as long as the mirror didn't hit a pedestrian or cause damage to another vehicle or property, there is no need to stop as that would have inconvenienced passengers for no reason. 

Everyone makes mistakes and I'm sure this driver will take extra care in future but they acted in the right way after this.

Stu

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on August 22, 2023, 03:12:56 AMHaven't had time to post completely forgot but the driver got off his bus fitted the mirror back on the bus and carried on with its 69E to wood end astonished me that he carried on I mean the mirror completely fell off I would've thought this shouldn't have happened and driver should of not moved
Just to add to j789's reply, seems newer vehicles have mirrors that are designed to 'yield' in the event of a minor impact, presumably to stop them from breaking.

If the glass wasn't broken, then there was no problem fitting the unit back on and carrying on in service.

I'm reminded of a time when the old Mk1 Urbans were used on the 37, and two vehicles, one after the other, had to be taken out of service after the mirror arms completely snapped off from hitting a low-hanging branch on the Warwick Road between Solihull and Olton. That was different, you couldn't just put them back on, and the glass was smashed to pieces from the impact on the ground.

It was almost comical, I was on the first bus, and after pulling up safely at the next stop, we were all asked to leave the bus and get on the one behind, as this one had to go back to garage. A few minutes later, the next bus then pulled up at the same stop, with its mirror arm dangling loose! Driver then made a call to the garage, and a general call went out on the radio, advising drivers to use the middle of the road to avoid this particular tree. To their credit, I believe Solihull council got this dangerous branch cut off pretty quickly.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

RTC between 4925 and a taxi on Carrs Lane.

spacecowboy150

You sure you got the right link?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk