News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostjay974

Quote from: Lukeee on August 09, 2023, 02:36:01 PMThe buses used at Glastonbury aren't owned/leased by NX so unless they take them on then no idea what's gonna happen with them.

On a side note I was unaware PB were getting new buses, presumably with the new depot, electric charging points are already installed?
The electrical work such as the wires and charging cables have already already been built and installed underground the charging points will presumably be installed around about when the new E400 EVs arrive and yes Perry Barr will be getting them soon as the drivers and staff said that they will be getting them very soon 

MW

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 10, 2023, 11:04:04 AMYes you're right MMC's are 14' 2", I'm not sure about the BYD Electrics, but if the Enviro's (4xxx) remain at PB then putting double deckers on the 8A/8C is unlikely. Firstly because Enviro's are 14' 6" and it only takes one mistake and it's too late, secondly there are too many bus routes at PB that normally use double deckers that sometimes have those horrible Scania Omnilinks on them so that needs to be dealt with first, the same applies at YW on mainly the 2 and 3. Also surely a bigger candidate for double deckers is at AG for the 4/4A which must be a bigger priority than the 8A/8C

Physically there's no mistake to make, despite the signage. That bridge is high enough to allow Plaxton Presidents/Geminis through. It was one of the "dead routes" for the 11, running from Hagley Road to Acocks Green.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: MW on August 10, 2023, 01:52:46 PMPhysically there's no mistake to make, despite the signage. That bridge is high enough to allow Plaxton Presidents/Geminis through. It was one of the "dead routes" for the 11, running from Hagley Road to Acocks Green.
The sign is a red circle which means it's an order, it used to be a red triangle which is advisory so when you say there is no mistake to make you are wrong because if any bus goes under that is more than 14' 3" inches high then it would be breaking the law.

MW

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 10, 2023, 02:43:47 PMThe sign is a red circle which means it's an order, it used to be a red triangle which is advisory so when you say there is no mistake to make you are wrong because if any bus goes under that is more than 14' 3" inches high then it would be breaking the law.

Hence why I used the word physically

Steve3229vp

Quote from: MW on August 10, 2023, 03:07:35 PMHence why I used the word physically
I think it's very likely that the 8A/8C will remain single deckers for the foreseeable future

Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 10, 2023, 03:22:25 PMI think it's very likely that the 8A/8C will remain single deckers for the foreseeable future

The AG 5 goes under a 14" 3' bridge as well and sees consistent deckers. So how come the 8 couldn't do as well. 8 to AG so it can use deckers to maybe?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: 2206 on August 10, 2023, 05:23:24 PMThe AG 5 goes under a 14" 3' bridge as well and sees consistent deckers. So how come the 8 couldn't do as well. 8 to AG so it can use deckers to maybe?
The 8 could go under the bridge on Highgate Road using MMC's but I still maintain what I stated that there are too many bus routes at PB that normally use double deckers that sometimes have Scania Omnilinks on them so that needs to be dealt with first, the same applies at YW on mainly the 2 and 3. Also a bigger candidate for double deckers is surely the 4/A at AG which must be a bigger priority than the 8A/8C.

BBS

QuoteThe 8 could go under the bridge on Highgate Road using MMC's but I still maintain what I stated that there are too many bus routes at PB that normally use double deckers that sometimes have Scania Omnilinks on them so that needs to be dealt with first, the same applies at YW on mainly the 2 and 3. Also a bigger candidate for double deckers is surely the 4/A at AG which must be a bigger priority than the 8A/8C.
So what if electrics go to AG, and the E200mmcs can go on to the 8A/8C?
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Polite notice, please keep this topic relevant to Perry Barr garage matters, please use other topics to discuss wider subjects being raised here.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: BBS on August 10, 2023, 08:08:10 PMSo what if electrics go to AG, and the E200mmcs can go on to the 8A/8C?
What's your obsession with the 8 getting new buses? I certainly hope PB do not get any E200MMC, they have a bad turning circle. B7RLE's would be much better, even though they are boring.

BBS

QuoteWhat's your obsession with the 8 getting new buses? I certainly hope PB do not get any E200MMC, they have a bad turning circle. B7RLE's would be much better, even though they are boring.
How come you picked me with picking the 8 when there's others who are talking about the 8 getting new buses more than me?

Owen

Well maybe in the future, the enviros could possibly leave for the new electrics, then maybe you'll get to sit on a double deck allocated 8A/C. Who wouldn't want to sit upstairs on that route with all the areas it caters for? 🙃

Nxwm

So the rumours are PB are getting the x14 back so what they losing in return

BBS

QuoteSo the rumours are PB are getting the x14 back so what they losing in return
Rumours are rumours buddy, not always true 

hlliwmai

As it's been confirmed by Simon Dunn that Diamond have lost the daytime operation of the 96, it makes me wonder if it's going to return to Perry Barr from October.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk