News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on August 09, 2023, 02:36:01 PMThe buses used at Glastonbury aren't owned/leased by NX so unless they take them on then no idea what's gonna happen with them.

On a side note I was unaware PB were getting new buses, presumably with the new depot, electric charging points are already installed?
Perry Barr is likely to get the 30 that have already been built and seen in Falkirk but it's not guaranteed 

busboy31

4815 back in service for first time since February.

Lukeee

Quote from: Tony on August 09, 2023, 02:38:23 PMPerry Barr is likely to get the 30 that have already been built and seen in Falkirk but it's not guaranteed
Ah right, be interesting to see where they get allocated assuming they get them. 

danny

Predication would be the Sutton lines as they tend to be the go to for new bus types at PB, seem to remember them getting the presidents, then volvos few years after and the first e400s, would be nice to get them on the x3 to Litchfield... only time will tell. 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Nxwm

Quote from: Tony on August 09, 2023, 02:38:23 PMPerry Barr is likely to get the 30 that have already been built and seen in Falkirk but it's not guaranteed
Ahh ok fair enough Tony also understand you can't say too much either thanks anyways 

Quote from: danny on August 09, 2023, 05:26:53 PMPredication would be the Sutton lines as they tend to be the go to for new bus types at PB, seem to remember them getting the presidents, then volvos few years after and the first e400s, would be nice to get them on the x3 to Litchfield... only time will tell.
Could the 8 get some? Replacing more 57 reg scanias and making the inner circle zero emission?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Maybe they'll replace some of the 48** on the 7, 33 and 101 and allow them to be cascaded to replace tridents elsewhere. 
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 09, 2023, 09:25:37 PMCould the 8 get some? Replacing more 57 reg scanias and making the inner circle zero emission?
Does the Inner Circle still go under that bridge that means they have to use single deckers?

Quote from: ellspurs on August 09, 2023, 10:03:55 PMDoes the Inner Circle still go under that bridge that means they have to use single deckers?
Think it was said the electric buses can go under the Highgate Road Bridge. Its a 14' 3" bridge
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ronnoc

If I remember correctly, E400 MMCs and BYD Electrics are 14' 2". So they can fit under the Highgate Road bridge and do the full 8A/C with no difficulties. I don't think that single decks are suitable for the inner circle anymore, so a change might be needed.
Plus that bridge has seen 14' 6" buses go beneath it before the triangle sign got changed to a circle.

BBS

QuotePerry Barr is likely to get the 30 that have already been built and seen in Falkirk but it's not guaranteed
I believe next year those electric Streetdecks will also make an appearance too? In my opinion I think those will either go Walsall or AG. Wherever their needed 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

cardew

Quote from: MasterPlan on August 09, 2023, 09:29:10 PMMaybe they'll replace some of the 48** on the 7, 33 and 101 and allow them to be cascaded to replace tridents elsewhere.
4843-4862 would slot in nicely at WN and WA but I'm getting ahead of myself. PB was described as having the "capacity" to house electric buses and chargers so hopefully it won't take too long to get the actual electricity to power them when it goes ahead.

Westy

Quote from: BBS on August 10, 2023, 12:27:53 AMI believe next year those electric Streetdecks will also make an appearance too? In my opinion I think those will either go Walsall or AG. Wherever their needed
Would've thought Walsall would become a hydrogen garage, as it's already got hydrogen for the 51 etc?

karl724223

Pensnett full platinum decker garage 
Moving the ode oss n carts to wolves 

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Ronnoc on August 09, 2023, 11:35:53 PMIf I remember correctly, E400 MMCs and BYD Electrics are 14' 2". So they can fit under the Highgate Road bridge and do the full 8A/C with no difficulties. I don't think that single decks are suitable for the inner circle anymore, so a change might be needed.
Plus that bridge has seen 14' 6" buses go beneath it before the triangle sign got changed to a circle.

Yes you're right MMC's are 14' 2", I'm not sure about the BYD Electrics, but if the Enviro's (4xxx) remain at PB then putting double deckers on the 8A/8C is unlikely. Firstly because Enviro's are 14' 6" and it only takes one mistake and it's too late, secondly there are too many bus routes at PB that normally use double deckers that sometimes have those horrible Scania Omnilinks on them so that needs to be dealt with first, the same applies at YW on mainly the 2 and 3. Also surely a bigger candidate for double deckers is at AG for the 4/4A which must be a bigger priority than the 8A/8C

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk