News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Kev's Cars & Coaches

Started by Adam 404, January 09, 2018, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiamsTransport1

Hello, Just looking on bustimes and just wanted to check if YX61 ELH still with Kevs at all?

Thanks
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on August 07, 2023, 01:32:50 PMHello, Just looking on bustimes and just wanted to check if YX61 ELH still with Kevs at all?

Thanks
Last report that I am aware of is it is with Llew Jones of Llanrwst, who also operate as a dealer.     

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on August 07, 2023, 04:44:09 PMLast report that I am aware of is it is with Llew Jones of Llanrwst, who also operate as a dealer.   

Thank you, One less bus on the Kevs fleet to hunt down  :smiley:

igogeneral

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on August 07, 2023, 05:53:05 PMThank you, One less bus on the Kevs fleet to hunt down  :smiley:
That bus was written off in an accident December last year

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: igogeneral on August 15, 2023, 01:12:44 PMThat bus was written off in an accident December last year
Ouch !  For spare parts then I guess. :cry:

igogeneral

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on August 15, 2023, 04:52:47 PMOuch !  For spare parts then I guess. :cry:
Not sure as the vehicle belonged to Dawson's with whom the insurers dealt with, valued at the time was £17k

Wumpty

Quote from: igogeneral on August 15, 2023, 01:12:44 PMThat bus was written off in an accident December last year
@igogeneral i trust everyone, especially the driver, was ok?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

igogeneral

Quote from: Wumpty on August 16, 2023, 08:16:10 AM@igogeneral i trust everyone, especially the driver, was ok?
The bus was parked with handbrake on when a kid in an A3 slapped into the rear at about 40mph. Car driver got out with a few scratches and a dented pride, his Dad had bought him the car only a few days before.

Wumpty

Quote from: igogeneral on August 16, 2023, 10:11:17 PMThe bus was parked with handbrake on when a kid in an A3 slapped into the rear at about 40mph. Car driver got out with a few scratches and a dented pride, his Dad had bought him the car only a few days before.
OUCH! Just the vehicles and the Audi driver's pride dented then!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stu

Bus company cuts Northfield route after yobs hurl rocks and smash windows
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/bus-company-cuts-northfield-route-27545410

QuoteA bus company has cut a key route after yobs threw stones - risking the lives of passengers. Kev's Car and Coaches operated the No. 19 service along Overbury Road and Longfellow Road in Northfield but was forced to stop due to constant attacks.

Des Rogers, bus services manager, said as soon as the driver turned onto Longfellow Road or Overbury Road, youths would lob stones and even concrete at the windows. The company's single decker buses were targeted around half a dozen times, mostly between the hours or 3.30pm and 7pm.

No-one was hurt but it cost the company £4,000 to fix the damage. After consulting with West Midlands Police and Transport for the West Midlands, the firm decided to omit the two roads from their route, around six weeks ago.

My comment on that article has now been approved after 'awaiting review', probably because I used the term 'brain dead scumbags'.

Ordinary decent passengers who may rely on this bus route now have to suffer because of the actions of some mindless 'yoofs' who can only entertain themselves by throwing rocks at buses.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

LiamsTransport1

Hello folks, similar to a question I put a few weeks back. Any ideas if YX68 UXK is still in the fleet? Thanks 

igogeneral

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on September 16, 2023, 04:36:25 PMHello folks, similar to a question I put a few weeks back. Any ideas if YX68 UXK is still in the fleet? Thanks

No it is not

DMCL

A similar question to the one from LiamsTransport1Does anyone know if the two Tata Hispano Inteas PO12 EOK and PO62 HNH are still part of the fleet? I used to see them regularly on school runs in Redditch but haven't seen either of them this year.

igogeneral

DMCL

Quote from: igogeneral on September 20, 2023, 09:23:08 PMStill in the fleet
igogeneral, can you say where these two Tata Hispano Inteas tend to be used please?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk