News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardew

Quote from: Wumpty on August 01, 2023, 01:40:02 PMIn the 90's and regardless of the colour, they would whack any old decal that came to hand.

This time, the decals have been shaped, greater thought into single colours and keeping it on brand so it's a softer attempt to absorb into the NXWM fleet.

Granted, not sure I "get" the 'on loan' element. I know why they have done it, but does it add any value to what it's trying to do?
4576 has an "on-loan from NX West Midlands" decal and that transferred to Coventry two years ago so maybe they had some made back then and didn't want to waste them?

Mayfield

Out of curiosity who repaints NETS & NEATS vehicles 

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on August 01, 2023, 05:41:12 PMOut of curiosity who repaints NETS & NEATS vehicles
The few NEAT vehicles that have been repainted were done at Walsall

NETS are contracted out, I think Evobus at Coventry did most of the Aston fleet in blue & white

Tony

4883 back at BC, 2226 ready to go back to AG. 4881 now at Walsall for turning grey

BN

Quote from: Tony on August 02, 2023, 01:13:23 PMThe few NEAT vehicles that have been repainted were done at Walsall

NETS are contracted out, I think Evobus at Coventry did most of the Aston fleet in blue & white
The south region have there own paintshop in Gosport

Replacement new engines, i have noticed more than any other type of bus the number of Enviro 200s getting brand new crate engines from cummins, is ther a flaw with them or just normal wear and tear etc 

mranon

Quote from: 2900 on August 05, 2023, 08:37:58 AMReplacement new engines, i have noticed more than any other type of bus the number of Enviro 200s getting brand new crate engines from cummins, is ther a flaw with them or just normal wear and tear 
i dont think they are the best to start with hard worked small engine in a bus, im sure the same engine is used in the hybrids and those converted to diesel struggling and having engines replaced. 

WB 2234 Receiving a new crate cummins engine.
Today i noticed a brand new crate ZF ECOLIFE TRANSMISSION i think its for one of the 74 branded enviro 400s on jacks 

Quote from: mranon on August 05, 2023, 11:37:29 AMi dont think they are the best to start with hard worked small engine in a bus, im sure the same engine is used in the hybrids and those converted to diesel struggling and having engines replaced.
Makes sense,  they do seem to be rev happy aswell

Jack6101

How come 4833 hasn't had the red stipe applied where the advert frames are and all other repainted E400s have? Will the rest of the be like 4833 ? 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Mayfield

Makes sense not to put stripe there as it's a waste of time and money just to cover it up with an advert.

Owen

Late 2015 - 2021 platinum spec grey vehicles had looked to of been the best and most consistent livery. From 2015 they should have just made everything grey seens as every order thereafter was pretty much high spec. The older vehicles could have simply been repainted without the 'platinum' brand.

The fleet would have been majority Grey by now (The better grey). The cascades from cov would have been a simple change of vinyls. The red whites would have been repainted or dwindling till withdrawal. And everything would be grey.

There's now two ~ grey/blue/red livery's each. What's the point in repainting older vehicles..? by the time the red/white e400s are repainted I bet there will be another livery and when a small number of them are in whatever's new are done they'll be another one 😂😂😂[/size][/quote]

Lukeee

Quote from: Owen on August 13, 2023, 08:10:11 PMLate 2015 - 2021 platinum spec grey vehicles had looked to of been the best and most consistent livery. From 2015 they should have just made everything grey seens as every order thereafter was pretty much high spec. The older vehicles could have simply been repainted without the 'platinum' brand.

The fleet would have been majority Grey by now (The better grey). The cascades from cov would have been a simple change of vinyls. The red whites would have been repainted or dwindling till withdrawal. And everything would be grey.

There's now two ~ grey/blue/red livery's each. What's the point in repainting older vehicles..? by the time the red/white e400s are repainted I bet there will be another livery and when a small number of them are in whatever's new are done they'll be another one 😂😂😂[/size]

That's the NX way, even when it was branded TWM they used to chop and change livery every so many years

Tony

4774 out in grey for the first time on the 2
2070 out in grey for the first time on the 3

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk