News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 14, 2023, 10:42:29 PMI am under the impression that the nBus £4.50 day ticket is valid on - and can be purchased on - all participating operators in the nBus area (which itself is unchanged), plus all NX West Midlands and NX Coventry bus services in and beyond the nBus area.
Is this correct?
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/single-trips-day-tickets

I would say that is correct.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: ellspurs on July 14, 2023, 10:48:41 PMhttps://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/single-trips-day-tickets

I would say that is correct.

Reading on that link you sent @ellspurs, it looks like they've updated the section for travel "outside the nBus area" complete with an updated map dated July 2023...

Stu

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 15, 2023, 05:26:26 AMReading on that link you sent @ellspurs, it looks like they've updated the section for travel "outside the nBus area" complete with an updated map dated July 2023...

QuoteAdult NX Day Saver extra ticket

Tickets for any National Express bus service that travels to, from or between locations outside the nBus zone. These tickets are only valid on National Express bus services.

So if you want to travel from Lichfield to Kings Heath, you have to buy a £4.50 Daysaver Extra from Lichfield, then you have to pay again to travel on a Diamond 50? Or does the above only refer to NX Bus services 'outside the nBus zone'?

Surely it would have been more straightforward to just extend the nBus zone?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

Quote from: Bob on July 14, 2023, 01:12:39 PMCan you buy a 1 day N-bus in Cannock on X51?
Yes. From the 3rd July 2023, the nBus area was expanded to include areas such as Cannock and Bromsgrove.  Please note certain routes operated by other companies are not included as they pass through areas not included in the expanded area. 

Stu

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 15, 2023, 09:49:46 AMYes. From the 3rd July 2023, the nBus area was expanded to include areas such as Cannock and Bromsgrove.  Please note certain routes operated by other companies are not included as they pass through areas not included in the expanded area.
I don't know where you got that from but it appears to be incorrect now.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

If you purchased a paper £4.50 nBus day ticket from the NX bus in Lichfield, then surely that'd be valid on the 50 Diamond?

Or does the paper ticket not say nBus on it.

From Diamond's FAQ:

"If you are using the National Express app – tickets showing the purple nBus logo will be accepted on other operators services. These currently do not scan on other operators ticket machines and should be shown to the driver to check they are valid."

It depends on whether the NX ticket says "Daysaver plus" or "nbus" on it.

mesub

Okay so what seems to be the verdict???
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Westy

I'm confused.

Am I paying twice for a trip from Bloxwich to Lichfield, if I'm A) using one of these £4.50 day tickets, B) The regional Nbus pass, that has replaced my Walsall Low Fare Nbus pass or not?

ellspurs

Westy, if you're travelling on NX to Lichfield, you'd only need to use (B). If you're travelling on Diamond to Lichfield, then you'd need (A).

Quote from: ellspurs on July 15, 2023, 07:33:00 PMWesty, if you're travelling on NX to Lichfield, you'd only need to use (B). If you're travelling on Diamond to Lichfield, then you'd need (A).
I thought neither the £4.50 daysaver or N Bus is valid on any Diamond services in the Lichfield area.

Would a £4.50 dayticket purchased on a Diamond Bus be valid on the X13 to Coleshill/X3 to Lichfield or only those purchased on an NX bus?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on July 14, 2023, 01:36:39 PMYes, just buy a paper £4.50 day ticket off the driver and it is valid on all NX buses including out to Cannock and all other operators within the West Midlands County
Can you pay by debit card and still get a printed ticket?

Westy

Quote from: 2206 on July 15, 2023, 10:49:18 PMI thought neither the £4.50 daysaver or N Bus is valid on any Diamond services in the Lichfield area.

Would a £4.50 dayticket purchased on a Diamond Bus be valid on the X13 to Coleshill/X3 to Lichfield or only those purchased on an NX bus?
Must admit, that's what I initially thought.

What is now the Regional Nbus pass, is only valid on Nx bus outside the Wm county, so I  could use service 8 to Lichfield & X51 to Cannock, but people in Brownhills couldn't go to Cannock on Chaserider 3!

(Just thought.

Chaserider had enough issues recognising an Nbus ticket, when it wasn't printed on one of their own tickets. 

God help the passengers on Service 35 who use an Nx or Diamond service first, to link to it!)

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 16, 2023, 12:12:39 AMCan you pay by debit card and still get a printed ticket?
Yes, as long as you ask the driver for the ticket you want before putting the card near the scanner

Rachvince53

From what I understand,  the nBus area has been expanded to include the area served by NX and NXC. However certain routes operated by other companies pass through areas not covered. For example Kevs 318 while linking Stourbridge and Bromsgrove which ARE  in the nBus area, pass through parts of Worcestershire which are not within the expanded area and thus the nBus isn't valid for travel right through, only the bit within the West Midlands.  

For clarity I would contact the operator. 

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on July 16, 2023, 09:27:52 AMFrom what I understand,  the nBus area has been expanded to include the area served by NX and NXC. However certain routes operated by other companies pass through areas not covered. For example Kevs 318 while linking Stourbridge and Bromsgrove which ARE  in the nBus area, pass through parts of Worcestershire which are not within the expanded area and thus the nBus isn't valid for travel right through, only the bit within the West Midlands. 

For clarity I would contact the operator.
The nBus hasn't expanded at all. It is just NX decided to accept it on their services

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk