News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

How come 2201 and 4884 came out with no branding?

don

Quote from: Tony on July 14, 2023, 09:55:50 AMwith 4763 back at WB, 4768 has gone into paint. BC will be sending 4881 in next week
It's good to see the flow of repaints/refurbs increase, but with the school summer break timetables starting soon, is it likely garages can spare more buses to go through the process at a time? I know at one stage the paint shop had around 15 vehicles at a time going through. Be good to see some of WB's oft maligned 49xx and similar BC's (I know a start has been made with 4940), go through.

Also, would the non-crimson 4718 batch (YW) qualify for repaint or are they too old (same age as the soon to depart Scanias)!! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on July 14, 2023, 07:20:42 PMIt's good to see the flow of repaints/refurbs increase, but with the school summer break timetables starting soon, is it likely garages can spare more buses to go through the process at a time? I know at one stage the paint shop had around 15 vehicles at a time going through. Be good to see some of WB's oft maligned 49xx and similar BC's (I know a start has been made with 4940), go through.

Also, would the non-crimson 4718 batch (YW) qualify for repaint or are they too old (same age as the soon to depart Scanias)!!
If 300 new buses come next year, which was the announcement, 170 have already been confirmed, that would wipe out the oldest 300 buses which would tale out all buses new in 2010 or before!

Stu

Quote from: don on July 14, 2023, 07:20:42 PMIt's good to see the flow of repaints/refurbs increase, but with the school summer break timetables starting soon, is it likely garages can spare more buses to go through the process at a time?
With PVRs being lower, the school summer holidays are probably an ideal time to ramp up repaints.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on July 14, 2023, 08:46:20 PMWith PVRs being lower, the school summer holidays are probably an ideal time to ramp up repaints.
Bodymakers who do the preperations also take more holidays, so actually fewer staff available to do them

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on July 14, 2023, 07:24:40 PMIf 300 new buses come next year, which was the announcement, 170 have already been confirmed, that would wipe out the oldest 300 buses which would tale out all buses new in 2010 or before!
Oh Yes, bye bye Scania Omnilinks !

18WilliamsLi

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on July 14, 2023, 09:19:32 PMOh Yes, bye bye Scania Omnilinks !
Would much rather have an Omnilink over no bus at all, and much preferred to an E200 or B7RLE imo.

don

Quote from: Jack on July 14, 2023, 09:22:52 PMWould much rather have an Omnilink over no bus at all, and much preferred to an E200 or B7RLE imo.
Indeed but if replaced by B7RLEs or double deckers this wouldn't happen. Another possibility is cascade of E200MMC to replace Omnilinks if the 4 gets converted to electric double decker. All conjecture but the next year will be very interesting indeed. 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Secondary trigger 28

Has 4667 been painted to red and white?  It's been edited on bus times .org by Tony.

Tony

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on July 18, 2023, 05:14:55 PMHas 4667 been painted to red and white?
It's at Walsall and should be being done today. I'm off work on Jury Service at the moment so not fully up to date on everything

Busses_transport_

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on July 18, 2023, 05:14:55 PMHas 4667 been painted to red and white?  It's been edited on bus times .org by Tony.
Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2023, 05:31:58 PMIt's at Walsall and should be being done today. I'm off work on Jury Service at the moment so not fully up to date on everything
Quote from: Tony on July 18, 2023, 05:31:58 PMIt's at Walsall and should be being done today. I'm off work on Jury Service at the moment so not fully up to date on everything

Why not paint it into grey livery it's a bit silly painting it into red and white 2 livery's old would be nice to at least see a gemeni in the grey livery, plus being as the grey is what painters are doing wouldn't it just be easier to paint it into grey. 

Stu

Quote from: Busses_transport_ on July 18, 2023, 06:27:12 PMWhy not paint it into grey livery it's a bit silly painting it into red and white 2 livery's old would be nice to at least see a gemeni in the grey livery, plus being as the grey is what painters are doing wouldn't it just be easier to paint it into grey.
Presumably its just having the blue bits painted over. Makes no sense to do a full repaint/refurb on a bus that probably only has less than a year of life left.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on July 18, 2023, 06:31:09 PMPresumably its just having the blue bits painted over. Makes no sense to do a full repaint/refurb on a bus that probably only has less than a year of life left.
Correct

Sh4318

Quote from: Tony on July 14, 2023, 07:24:40 PMIf 300 new buses come next year, which was the announcement, 170 have already been confirmed, that would wipe out the oldest 300 buses which would tale out all buses new in 2010 or before!
That's the Euro 4 Enviro 400s done then :cry: 
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk