News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Quote from: Ginger66 on July 03, 2023, 05:17:04 PMAre all drivers fully aware as a Diamond driver seemed to not know a NX pass is now a nBus ticket and the driver refused my NX pass saying it's not an nBus and wanted to charge me.

I believe I read on the diamond Website Diamond Value saver are now nBus meaning a passenger who uses the Diamond 16 can now use NX buses and vice versa.

This is exactly what I was afraid of. I was going to try it on the 16A but I thought that might happen.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on July 03, 2023, 05:17:04 PMAre all drivers fully aware as a Diamond driver seemed to not know a NX pass is now a nBus ticket and the driver refused my NX pass saying it's not an nBus and wanted to charge me.

I believe I read on the diamond Website Diamond Value saver are now nBus meaning a passenger who uses the Diamond 16 can now use NX buses and vice versa.

It depends on when you bought your NX pass and when it is valid to.

From the Diamond website (my emphasis in bold)
QuoteOther operators existing own tickets will continue to be valid on their own services only until the expiry date. The good news is, that from your next purchase all operators tickets will also be replaced by nBus tickets. 
Any nBus tickets purchased via National Express buses and the NX app will continue to be accepted on our services as normal. Some National Express DD products which are loaded onto Swift Cards will be accepted during the transition period, our ticket machines will be altered to accept scanning of these products.
https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/wm-ticket-changes/

So if you bought a one week/month NX Faresaver last Thursday (for example), then it won't be valid on Diamond buses. (And vice-versa if you bought a Diamond week/month pass)

I guess for us DD pass holders, as these don't have an expiry date, at some point in the next couple of weeks, our cards will be updated to replace the Regional Faresaver with the nBus equivalent.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on July 03, 2023, 06:50:20 PMIt depends on when you bought your NX pass and when it is valid to.

From the Diamond website (my emphasis in bold)https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/wm-ticket-changes/

So if you bought a one week/month NX Faresaver last Thursday (for example), then it won't be valid on Diamond buses. (And vice-versa if you bought a Diamond week/month pass)

I guess for us DD pass holders, as these don't have an expiry date, at some point in the next couple of weeks, our cards will be updated to replace the Regional Faresaver with the nBus equivalent.

Diamond won't get a penny from any NX pass sold before Sunday, so fully understandable.

Westy

Anyone used the Swift machines & used to have a Low Fare Zone ticket?

Does it automatically give you the replacement option, or is something you have to find manually yourself?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on July 03, 2023, 06:50:20 PMIt depends on when you bought your NX pass and when it is valid to.

From the Diamond website (my emphasis in bold)https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/wm-ticket-changes/

Ah, I didn't see that part about NX swift cards. I should be okay in theory then.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

What has been the 'policy ' regarding people having short fare, bearing in mind the lack of information prior to the change?

(Yes I'm obviously aware of what has been put online, but you do have people supposedly not aware of the changes,  especially as notices on buses were in short supply!)

Having a chat to one of the Diamond drivers I know by sight, & they informed me they'd had a fair few short child fares, but they couldn't leave the kids stranded!

Bob

Can you buy a 1 day N-bus in Cannock on X51?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on July 14, 2023, 01:12:39 PMCan you buy a 1 day N-bus in Cannock on X51?
Yes, just buy a paper £4.50 day ticket off the driver and it is valid on all NX buses including out to Cannock and all other operators within the West Midlands County

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on July 14, 2023, 01:36:39 PMYes, just buy a paper £4.50 day ticket off the driver and it is valid on all NX buses including out to Cannock and all other operators within the West Midlands County

I thought that option was being closed with the addition of the Daysaver Extra ticket @Tony?

Quote from: Michael Bevan on July 14, 2023, 03:08:26 PMI thought that option was being closed with the addition of the Daysaver Extra ticket @Tony?
Not sure what option your on about. If you ask the driver before scanning your card (or if paying by cash also) they can issue a paper ticket.
Tap and Cap doesn't cap fares on other operators.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: 2206 on July 14, 2023, 04:29:17 PMNot sure what option your on about. If you ask the driver before scanning your card (or if paying by cash also) they can issue a paper ticket.
Tap and Cap doesn't cap fares on other operators.

@2206

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Stu on July 14, 2023, 08:57:38 PMSo what happened to the nBus boundary being extended to cover NX's cross-border services?

https://twitter.com/nxcoventry/status/1671143580574834688

This is exactly what I'm wondering @Stu as I'm confused as to what's actually going on with these tickets... 😂😂😂

Westy

Is there still a map somewhere online?

Justin Tyme

I am under the impression that the nBus £4.50 day ticket is valid on - and can be purchased on - all participating operators in the nBus area (which itself is unchanged), plus all NX West Midlands and NX Coventry bus services in and beyond the nBus area.

Is this correct?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk