News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNH2004

Quote from: MW on June 28, 2023, 09:14:00 PMFunnily enough a chunk of tenders have gone out today, including Diamond's 002/45/96, a new 25 service between Small Heath & Castle Vale & Landflight's A7/A8/A10, amongst other smaller services around the Black Country & Coventry.

All to commence in October.

Any services gone out for tender in Wolverhampton or Dudley, if so what services?

Justin Tyme

Back to fares, does anyone know: -

Will the new "merged" £4.50 day ticket be valid on NX services outside the TfWM area - i.e. into Staffs and Warks - as the £4 NX day ticket is now?

And will the same ticket also be valid on other operators' services inside the TfWM area?  If the answer to this is "yes", will this only apply for day tickets purchased on NX buses?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 28, 2023, 10:56:12 PMBack to fares, does anyone know: -

Will the new "merged" £4.50 day ticket be valid on NX services outside the TfWM area - i.e. into Staffs and Warks - as the £4 NX day ticket is now?

And will the same ticket also be valid on other operators' services inside the TfWM area?  If the answer to this is "yes", will this only apply for day tickets purchased on NX buses?
Nxc have said it will include Nuneaton/ Bedworth/ leamington spa but nothing about rugby
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Coventrybususer95

Do staff member's families still travel for free?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 29, 2023, 08:47:35 AMDo staff member's families still travel for free?
Staff members 'family' have never travelled for free. The can have a 'partner' pass

Rachvince53

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 28, 2023, 10:56:12 PMBack to fares, does anyone know: -

The ticket will be valid on most other operators in the TfWM area. You will be able to buy this on any operator in the nBus scheme. The list of operators are on the TfWM website.

Coventrybususer95

Anyone know if the new day ticket will be available on the nxbus app

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Rachvince53 on June 29, 2023, 03:12:42 PMThe ticket will be valid on most other operators in the TfWM area. You will be able to buy this on any operator in the nBus scheme. The list of operators are on the TfWM website.

I understand that, thanks.  However, if I buy a £4.50 day ticket on an NX bus next week, will it be valid on all NX buses in and beyond the TfWM boundary as well as on most operators in the TfWM area?

Ginger66

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 29, 2023, 04:56:55 PMAnyone know if the new day ticket will be available on the nxbus app
I would guess they won't go live until Monday morning

cardew

The information is on the NXBus site.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/single-trips-day-tickets

Daysaver (NX only) on the app, cash, contactless, tap&cap, swift
n-Bus (ALL NX Buses + other operators) only cash, contactless or swift

Tony

Quote from: cardew on June 29, 2023, 08:45:16 PMThe information is on the NXBus site.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/single-trips-day-tickets

Daysaver (NX only) on the app, cash, contactless, tap&cap, swift
n-Bus (ALL NX Buses + other operators) only cash, contactless or swift
There won't be NX only on cash or contactless, that's the whole point of the new all op thing. There will be on app & tap & cap because operators systems are not compatible

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on June 27, 2023, 03:45:41 PMI did see a poser on a NX bus earlier. But agree nothing on time day.

I've only seen references to the changes on Nx Wolverhampton vehicles(as per the 529!).

Seen nothing on Nx Walsall  vehicles(single deckers operating the 31/32 & X51 double decks) or Diamond vehicles (31/32/326) as of earlier today.

There is one lady I know locally I see occasionally waiting for the bus in the morning by me, who works in Wednesbury & normally has £10 Walsall ticket.

Do hope she's aware of what's happening?

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on June 29, 2023, 09:08:28 PMThere won't be NX only on cash or contactless, that's the whole point of the new all op thing. There will be on app & tap & cap because operators systems are not compatible
Yet another quality job to undermine and alienate the travelling general public (again!)

Tony

Quote from: Straightlines on June 30, 2023, 09:17:13 AMYet another quality job to undermine and alienate the travelling general public (again!)
Which bit of giving tickets extra validity alienates the travelling general public?

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2023, 09:32:43 AMWhich bit of giving tickets extra validity alienates the travelling general public?
I'll requote the second part of your sentence that I quoted originally as you must have missed it. 

'There will be on app & tap & cap because operators systems are not compatible'

Until this is resolved the new fare structure is fundamentally useless and alienating to the general public.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk