News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Jack on March 26, 2023, 08:56:50 AMLooks to me as a normal sunday service from what i've seen running this morning.
Looks like a normal Sunday service to me too at present.

PB50

Quote from: Jack on March 26, 2023, 08:56:50 AMLooks to me as a normal sunday service from what i've seen running this morning.
Yes obviously they've not updated the website which doesn't help people. I've just seen a bus go past so past and realised it must be a Sunday service.

Steve3229vp

I've looked at the map on bus times and there is lot more buses running so why is NX still showing a link from it's FB page put up at about 8.40 am showing the strike timetables. Does NX want buses to run around empty ?

Quote from: PB50 on March 26, 2023, 09:15:27 AMYes obviously they've not updated the website which doesn't help people. I've just seen a bus go past so past and realised it must be a Sunday service.
Again communication issue, when David Bradford MD came to WB we all highlighted this it needs to improve massively, if folks are informed they can make alternative decisions, its the not knowing that pisses folks off, granted you will have one off issues on road  that can't be helped.

Gareth

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 26, 2023, 09:43:30 AMI've looked at the map on bus times and there is lot more buses running so why is NX still showing a link from it's FB page put up at about 8.40 am showing the strike timetables. Does NX want buses to run around empty ?
Even if the website can't be changed for whatever reason, whoever is running Facebook and Twitter today can surely get the correct information by making a quick phone call or two. That is more annoying than the strike itself!

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Gareth on March 26, 2023, 09:47:44 AMEven if the website can't be changed for whatever reason, whoever is running Facebook and Twitter today can surely get the correct information by making a quick phone call or two. That is more annoying than the strike itself!
The website is useless it still says that the 2£ fare ends in march 🤣
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

MW

Quote from: Gareth on March 26, 2023, 09:47:44 AMEven if the website can't be changed for whatever reason, whoever is running Facebook and Twitter today can surely get the correct information by making a quick phone call or two. That is more annoying than the strike itself!

I would imagine the "social media team" are Monday to Friday 9-5ers. Maybe Saturdays but I doubt Sundays. 

Ginger66

Quote from: 2900 on March 26, 2023, 09:47:12 AMAgain communication issue, when David Bradford MD came to WB we all highlighted this it needs to improve massively, if folks are informed they can make alternative decisions, its the not knowing that pisses folks off, granted you will have one off issues on road  that can't be helped.
On Services updates page some say services between for example The 74 between 09:45 - 13:45 will have delays.  There is no clear message are buses delayed by 5, 10, 15 or 20 or longer minutes.

Yet some say the following services may not for example run 12:40, 14:20 on the 13 Birmingham to Oldbury but that is no clear message in which direction.

If the messages where clear online and have messages at bus stations it would be helpful as not everyone as smartphones to check online while traveling for delays.   

Stu

Quote from: MW on March 26, 2023, 10:03:49 AMI would imagine the "social media team" are Monday to Friday 9-5ers. Maybe Saturdays but I doubt Sundays.
I imagine the "social media team" are an outsourced third-party - on Twitter they are still telling people that the only bus services running are those listed on the Strike Action page. :undecided:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Pensnett routes normal Sunday service 
I know I'm out driving 

Gareth

They've finally confirmed it's a Sunday service today.

Gareth

Quote from: MW on March 26, 2023, 10:03:49 AMI would imagine the "social media team" are Monday to Friday 9-5ers. Maybe Saturdays but I doubt Sundays.
There's social media posts by them today. Up until 5 mins ago they were all incorrect.

mesub

QuoteI would imagine the "social media team" are Monday to Friday 9-5ers. Maybe Saturdays but I doubt Sundays.

Yet they were found responding to tweets on Christmas Day...
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

hlliwmai

I guess this thread could be archived now?

andy41

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 27, 2023, 08:25:59 PMI guess this thread could be archived now?
Until November when pay talks resume, might be needing it again....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk